Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3250
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ok, Name THESE parts." Previous topic | Next topic
420AYEJul-30-04 05:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3250, "Ok, Name THESE parts."

Alright, my tranny is about to go together. but i don't want to close it up for good until i know i have everything in it that i need to.

First off, what do i torque the diffy bolts to? Cuz i put on the safing brackets. Dino says, "shit tons" or something to that effect, but thats not a number. what should i torque the rest of the tranny bolts to?

First off. Im mostly concerned about that black spacer. i hope that the tranny doesn't need it. Before you tell me that the twisted thingy goes in the input shaft, i already have one there. don't sweat it Im not sure, but do those washer things go on the crosmember deal? And that bolt with the nut in the middle doesn't go for reverse. I have one there already...

Here is the pile. If you can name any, lemme know.

Which way does the TO bearing go on that slave cylinder lever arm thing?

Is this the wrong bolt to hold in reverse? And it looked like it needed a washer...which size i don't happen to have.

Here it is standing up in the clutch side of the case:

Here it is almost done:

Any feedback.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Ok, Name THESE parts., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-30-04 06:58 PM, #1
RE: Ok, Name THESE parts., 420AYE, Jul-30-04 07:20 PM, #2
      RE: Ok, Name THESE parts., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-30-04 07:32 PM, #3
           RE: Ok, Name THESE parts., 420AYE, Jul-30-04 07:39 PM, #4
                RE: Ok, Name THESE parts., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-30-04 07:41 PM, #5
                     RE: Ok, Name THESE parts., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-30-04 07:57 PM, #6
                          RE: Ok, Name THESE parts., 420AYE, Jul-31-04 04:19 AM, #7
                               RE: Ok, Name THESE parts., grain, Jul-31-04 09:21 PM, #8
                                    RE: Ok, Name THESE parts., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-01-04 12:43 AM, #9
                                         RE: Ok, Name THESE parts., 420AYE, Aug-01-04 01:29 PM, #10
                                              RE: Ok, Name THESE parts., 420AYE, Aug-04-04 07:01 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Ok, Name THESE parts., turbo8u, Aug-05-04 12:17 PM, #12

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-30-04 06:58 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3251, "RE: Ok, Name THESE parts."
In response to Reply # 0

Ok i will do my best here.

First page: washers are for crossmember, bolt in top left is for trans to engine bolt. no idea on the rest, the stud bolt might be for trans case. I will have to chk mine when i get home.

Second page moving left to right bottom to top.
first row looks like all suspension bolts.
1. first two look like the wishbone to strut bolt 17 mm head.
2. second pair look like suspension hard to tell
3. 3rd pair are for crossmember front 2 bolts.
4. remaining 3 are for crossmember and suspension.
5. 2 long bolts look liek engien mount bolts

Second row:
1. washers are for crossmember
2. two bolts....prob suspension
3. 2 more bolts....hmn look like trans to engine but not sure about that
4. three nuts...trans mount
5. three bolts are trans to engine no doubt
6. 8 short bolts....probably trans case halves or bolts for end plate on trans may be even mount to trans bolts (i think trans case halves consiste of short and long bolts)
7. two long bolts...maybe more suspension hard to tell how much did you take apart?
8. 1 single pointed bolt is trans to engine bolt

Third row:
1. ton of longer bolts....poss trans case (some of them) and i think you reverse bolt is mixed up in here
2. 10 bolts...poss trans end plate if one about went to trans case or mounts.
3. washers.....suspension poss

4th row:
1.long stud bolt...not sure, reverse bolt is not stud in mine.
2. two single bolt....prob cross member to trans mount in front
3. 4 bolts are the flywheel to flexplate
4. 1 long single bolt...not sure
5. twisted thing...no idea
6. short fat bolt with seal....trans drain bolt
7. one single bolt...hard to tell
8. 8 bolts.....maybe brackets in engien bay....bat tray bolts?
9. 4 nuts....anywhere suspension maybe
10. two odfd bolts...cant tell
11. 5 bolts....brackets ect
12 loks like a washer next to 5 bolts...not sure

Third page:
the TOB square side will slide into the clutch fork and the tiny little tabs will make contact to hold the TOB with the fork.

This is a joke right? Your fuc&*ng with me here right, you are laughing your ass off i would go through all this arent you.

Terry
96 Eagle talon ESI
Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges

97 Eclipse
Greddy header - Apexi N1 3" exhaust - SFMU/return line - Apexi SAFC - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

Mitchell on Demand copies available

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420AYEJul-30-04 07:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3252, "RE: Ok, Name THESE parts."
In response to Reply # 1
Jul-30-04 07:21 PM by 420AYE

no... im just really lazy. and i didn't really pay attention much. hahahha. thanks tho, great job.

BUT, in the first pic, see that black thing that looks like a rubber cap? its not. its black plastic and its a hollow spacer for something.

in the second pic, to the right of the crossmember washers, that is the same spacer....it looks like it might go in my tranny somewheres.....i don't want to seal'er up and have to do it all over again.

and that twisty thing goes inside of the input shaft...no clue why...

Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-30-04 07:32 PM
8331 posts,
#3253, "RE: Ok, Name THESE parts."
In response to Reply # 2

look in the case laves where the shifter rods go it looks liek a bushign for one of them but i dont know. I have or had the full manual for the trans but i think i tossed it out. I thought the link was on this site but i cant find it. I will look for you

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI

97 Eclipse
Greddy header - Apexi N1 3" exhaust - SFMU/return line - Apexi SAFC - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

420AYEJul-30-04 07:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3254, "RE: Ok, Name THESE parts."
In response to Reply # 3

awesome. if you find it, loook for TQ specs.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-30-04 07:41 PM
8331 posts,
#3255, "RE: Ok, Name THESE parts."
In response to Reply # 4

i will get you torque specs in the am...i have mitchell on demand at home

I cant even find the info on the neon trans on this site....damn it i know its here

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI

97 Eclipse

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-30-04 07:57 PM
8331 posts,
#3256, "RE: Ok, Name THESE parts."
In response to Reply # 5

nope the manual wasnt in this site at all......i must have found it elsewhere, i will check it when i get home for you

I would imagine dino knows where this bushing goes

Terry
96 Eagle talon ESI

97 Eclipse

420AYEJul-31-04 04:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3258, "RE: Ok, Name THESE parts."
In response to Reply # 6
Jul-31-04 04:41 AM by 420AYE

WAAAAAAAHHHH!

seriously. i just want to know if i can seal it up. im getting so impatient. someone let me know if that spacer thing goes in my transmission. it doesn't fit over a shift rod, and i have no clue where it would go. i have the lithium grease and blue rtv ready, just waitin.......

grainJul-31-04 09:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#3261, "RE: Ok, Name THESE parts."
In response to Reply # 7

the black plastic spacer goes on the reverse gear. and thats not the right bolt for the reverse gear. the same bolt goes in the reverse gear, that also seals up the case, that bolt will work, but its not the 'right one'

and blue rtv? whats you using that for?

seal that case with loctite 518 (anerobic sealent)

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-01-04 12:43 AM
8331 posts,
#3262, "RE: Ok, Name THESE parts."
In response to Reply # 8

The pictures i have dont show enough detail to tell where the bushing/space/whatever it is goes. Sorry man. As for the torque specs on the ring gear....mitchel doesnt have those...no idea why. Call exile racing here is palatine IL i am sure they would tell you. Yeah and whatever you do dont use rtv on the cases. Loctite 518 or permatex makes a HPV sealant (or something like that) it is carried by autozone and the package lists that its used on bearing caps ect. I just cant think of the exact name of it.

Terry

Send dino an email about that spacer

96 Eagle talon ESI

97 Eclipse

420AYEAug-01-04 01:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3265, "RE: Ok, Name THESE parts."
In response to Reply # 9

i don't think my shift select is working right. it doesn't seem to engage the output shaft right. it will go all the way over and that little arm will hit that reverse protection... and i don't even see how reverse engages...

420AYEAug-04-04 07:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3272, "RE: Ok, Name THESE parts."
In response to Reply # 10

turns out when i reinstalled my 5th gear fork, i put it back on backwards. now i see how 5th and reverse engage. and the bell housing slipped on with easy. now.... i just have to put it all back... how much do i tq the flex plate bolts on? i just held the clutch up, and all four bolts went in the first try... there isn't a wrong way to do it is there?

turbo8uAug-05-04 12:17 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#3275, "RE: Ok, Name THESE parts."
In response to Reply # 11

post a pic of the bolts you dont know where they go...i dont want to have to sift through all thr responses to see what has and hasnt been covered

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3250 Previous topic | Next topic