Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3056
View in linear mode

Subject: "First time tranny drop started..." Previous topic | Next topic
420AYEJun-26-04 11:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3056, "First time tranny drop started..."

Yeah, i am gettin a new tranny so i gotta drop this one out. I have a garage at my work and i have little bits of time to work on it in the mean time. So far i've got my car jacked up in the front on stands, and the back is on ramps. The wheels are off, battery and stand is out, unplugged the speed sensor and reverse thingy, the fender wells are taken out on the driver side and i have unhooked that trailing 90* arm thing, the suspension fork, and the lower arm. so its just hangin on by those 2 ball joints. i'll tie them up so nothin happens to them. now, i just gotta pop out that cv right? Im paranoid that it will pop out and fall down and land on that piece of metal that is right there. I just don't have money to replace the axels too. Just a progress update, if anyone has anything they wanna add that might help let me know. I have only the tools that fit in my car, plus 1 floor jack...

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: First time tranny drop started..., Sorry_i_Win, Jun-26-04 12:42 PM, #1
RE: First time tranny drop started..., 420AYE, Jun-26-04 01:52 PM, #2
      RE: First time tranny drop started..., Sorry_i_Win, Jun-28-04 07:38 AM, #3
           RE: First time tranny drop started..., 420AYE, Jun-28-04 07:22 PM, #4
                RE: First time tranny drop started..., TeamDR1665, Jul-01-04 06:15 AM, #5
                     RE: First time tranny drop started..., 420AYE, Jul-01-04 07:32 AM, #6
                          RE: First time tranny drop started..., 420AYE, Jul-01-04 10:14 AM, #7

Sorry_i_WinJun-26-04 12:42 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3057, "RE: First time tranny drop started..."
In response to Reply # 0

I just did some more work on gettin mine out today too man... That haftshaft is a pain to get out, but just pry against the green part near the tranny with a good hard burst and it should pop out.

After that, take out all the motor mounts except the passenger side, and disconnet the clutch and shifter cables (those damn c-clips piss me off sometimes). I found it helpful to completely remove the rear tranny mount bracket cause it was preventing the tranny from falling out. Those bolts are a bit tought to get too tho. Then off course, remove the bolts that hold on the tranny and the two metal braces by the oil pan.

I have everything disconnected on mine now, but I still cant quite get it all the way out. I can see the clutch and flywheel, but somethings still keeping the bellhousing from coming out completely.. I gave up on it for today, but I'll take a better look at it another time.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420AYEJun-26-04 01:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3061, "RE: First time tranny drop started..."
In response to Reply # 1

yeah, i tried 2 different crow bars to get that driver side out. no place to freakin pry. but i was able to get it hooked on that lip good enuf that it when kathunk. and i got dust in my eyes and i didn't know for sure for about 2 minutes if it came out all the way. did u just leave the other end connected with that castle nut? mine is just resting on the lower arm. I busted my first knuckle on those stupid shifter cable things. i just broke them off. they are mere cents for new ones. now im disconnecting the clutch fluid hardline and then the starter. i still haven't done that.

Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.

Sorry_i_WinJun-28-04 07:38 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#3077, "RE: First time tranny drop started..."
In response to Reply # 2

yeah, i just left the axle connected on the wheel hub side and spun it out of the way. Thats the best thing to do IMO. Almost forgot about the starter.. hehe, but yeah it helps if you take it out too. Let me know how things go man. Seems like sadly u and I are in the same boat.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

420AYEJun-28-04 07:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3082, "RE: First time tranny drop started..."
In response to Reply # 3

i think jwoodly is selling on on ebay. i'll get you a link.

TeamDR1665Jul-01-04 06:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#3100, "RE: First time tranny drop started..."
In response to Reply # 4

Oh great. I suppose now I'll end up with BOTH of you IMing me about how to get to the flexplate bolts. LOL

420AYEJul-01-04 07:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3103, "RE: First time tranny drop started..."
In response to Reply # 5

haha. well, i got mine to the ground. and its IMPARATIVE(SP) that you have a friend pull back on the axel while you pop it out. it makes life easier! Now...time to go find out the damage....i am not hopefull though.

420AYEJul-01-04 10:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3109, "RE: First time tranny drop started..."
In response to Reply # 6

update:

well, i just got the tranny cracked open with the help of dino, and now im just trying to soap up all the fluid that was in there. its stinky as hell and there was more than i thought. now....how to get the thing apart...

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3056 Previous topic | Next topic