Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3048
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch Relaese Cylinder??" Previous topic | Next topic
techboyJun-25-04 03:54 AM
Member since May 20th 2002
1662 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3048, "Clutch Relaese Cylinder??"

I think we broke my clutch release cylinder last night while re-installing my engine. It's leaking clutch fluid everwhere. Anybody have an idea what these things go for?

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??, 420AYE, Jun-26-04 05:08 AM, #1
RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??, techboy, Jun-27-04 05:37 PM, #2
      RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??, TaloNator, Jun-28-04 05:21 AM, #3
           RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??, 420AYE, Jun-28-04 06:07 AM, #4
                RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??, techboy, Jun-28-04 06:15 PM, #5
                     RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??, 420AYE, Jun-28-04 07:21 PM, #6
                          RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??, techboy, Jul-01-04 09:30 AM, #7
                               RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??, 420AYE, Jul-01-04 10:11 AM, #8
                                    RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??, techboy, Jul-02-04 04:22 AM, #9
                                         RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??, AdministratorCODE4, Jul-09-04 03:01 AM, #10
                                              RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??, techboy, Jul-11-04 05:37 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??, 420AYE, Jul-12-04 05:19 AM, #12

420AYEJun-26-04 05:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3054, "RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??"
In response to Reply # 0

u mean the clutch master cylinder or the slave cylinder? the slave cylinder has an accordian boot and hooks to the tranny. the master is on the firewall and you can check it for leaks inside ur car under the dash. they are about 80 i think if my sources are correct.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

techboyJun-27-04 05:37 PM
1662 posts,
#3069, "RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??"
In response to Reply # 1

The Slave - it's leaking fluid out the boot. In the Chilton's manual they call it a clutch release cylinder??? Go figure

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

TaloNatorJun-28-04 05:21 AM
Member since Jun 28th 2004
8 posts,
#3072, "RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by techboy
The Slave - it's leaking fluid out the boot. In the Chilton's manual they call it a clutch release cylinder??? Go figure

Yea i had to replace mine too. It was pretty easy just a little tricky to get to. It just gets a little messy with the brake fluid but its not to bad. You could probably do it in like less than an hour. You have to bleed the slave cylinder when ur done, but thats about it. Just get one of ur buds to help u bleed it.

420AYEJun-28-04 06:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3073, "RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??"
In response to Reply # 3

well, my slave has never gone bad. but, you should check under your dash up near the top of the firewall where your master cylinder is. there is a little rod that goes into the firewall with a black rubber boot. pull that back and stick ur finger in there. see if any fluid is there either. if so, that means ur master is goners too.

Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.

techboyJun-28-04 06:15 PM
1662 posts,
#3079, "RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??"
In response to Reply # 4

I'm sure my master is fine. The engine has been out for about 3 months and we physically broke the slave accidently when reattaching it to the block after it had been set in place. I checked at AutoZone today and they don't carry them .... so off to Satan on Wednesday. I'll let you all know what they cost.

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

420AYEJun-28-04 07:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3081, "RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??"
In response to Reply # 5

dino says 80. tell me what you get. try hitting up tallahasse mitsubishi. or that one dude that everyone calls. i forget his name and number...lemme look for it.

techboyJul-01-04 09:30 AM
1662 posts,
#3105, "RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??"
In response to Reply # 6

Your talking about Bob Kise. I got on from local Mitsu dealer for 80 and some change. I'm picking it up tomorrow (7/2) and installing it. Any trick/tips to bleeding the system? Thanks.

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

420AYEJul-01-04 10:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3108, "RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??"
In response to Reply # 7

well, just get a big bottle of dot 3 or 4, and fill up the resivoir. then, get someone to help you and have them push on the clutch pedal and hold it. while you are on the ground, find that little nozzle valve thing that is right by your slave cylinder and open it and let the foam/bubbles/dirt or whatever shoot out, and close it b4 it gets done shooting so you don't let any air back in. then, let him let go of the pedal. say, "push", loosen, tighten, "let go", "push" loosen, tighten, "let go" etc etc. but don't let the resivoir run out of fluid or you'd be letting air back in the lines. just do thiss till it is a clean, constant stream of fluid.

techboyJul-02-04 04:22 AM
1662 posts,
#3115, "RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??"
In response to Reply # 8

Thanks. I'll try that out this afternoon.

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

AdministratorCODE4Jul-09-04 03:01 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#3163, "RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??"
In response to Reply # 9

Same Procedure as bleeding brake systems. Good luck bro.

---

2012 2500HD LML

techboyJul-11-04 05:37 PM
1662 posts,
#3172, "RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??"
In response to Reply # 10

Done ... installed ... and working.

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

420AYEJul-12-04 05:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3178, "RE: Clutch Relaese Cylinder??"
In response to Reply # 11

cool! what was the problem exactly? wuz i right?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3048 Previous topic | Next topic