Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2997
View in threaded mode

Subject: "5th gear wont stay in gear" Previous topic | Next topic
MrEvilKurtManJun-16-04 07:15 PM
Member since May 16th 2004
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2997, "5th gear wont stay in gear"

My 5th gear works... but it wont stay in gear.. you have to hold it there.. if you hit the gas or put any presure on it , it just falls out of gear.. but it works i drove 1600 miles like that 2 weeks ago.
this is how i think it broke.. last year i was driving from texas to nebraska.. and my headgasket went, i was leaking oil in to the spark plugs and it cept miss firing when i was in 5th gear.. when i got to nebraska i had the head gasket fixed.. but 2 or 3 months later 5th gear started poping out of gear.. anyone know what is wrong? or how i can fix it? Thank You for any replys

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
silvereclipse30Jun-16-04 08:17 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2004
1661 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2998, "RE: 5th gear wont stay in gear"
In response to Reply # 0

wrong place pal......

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

miamilakeseclipseJun-17-04 03:29 AM
Member since Oct 02nd 2003
90 posts,
#2999, "RE: 5th gear wont stay in gear"
In response to Reply # 1

Yea this is the wrong section. How old is you clutch btw? Same thing happened to my friend in his wrx, clutch started to slip (not same reason as you tho, he was modding & was putting quite some power to the wheels)

"Patience is a virtue, especially when dealin wit cars n chicks (usually in that order)....but at the end of the day u jus gotta love them"

Ozzmosis86Jun-17-04 04:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
549 posts,
#3005, "RE: 5th gear wont stay in gear"
In response to Reply # 2

Replace your tranny. Your 5th gear is worn and the rib on the the edge of the gear is worn off so that it won't hold the tranny in gear under any load. You have to either replace or rebuild your tranny. I highly suggest not holding it in gear while driving, you can cause more damage that way.

Andy

MonteSS86@hotmail.com

Check out my homepage:
http://www.geocities.com/ozzmosis86/Home.htm

and my pics page:
http://community.webshots.com/album/95705837hSPLvt

SupermanJun-18-04 07:10 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
835 posts,
#3019, "RE: 5th gear wont stay in gear"
In response to Reply # 3

my fifth kept on popping out and now it doesnt do it anymore. i havent touched it at all either weird IMO

Superman aka TJEclipse

tjeclipse@yahoo.com or TJEclipse on Google Talk
boomin with 2 10's in tha trunk

RIP Mama 7/13/04

Original Member for the inside the web days, member # 58 on the new forums!

http://www.facebook.com/tjeclipse

MrEvilKurtManJun-24-04 01:02 PM
Member since May 16th 2004
4 posts,
#3045, "RE: 5th gear wont stay in gear"
In response to Reply # 4

mine started then stoped to, but now its just screwd

420AYEJun-26-04 05:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3055, "RE: 5th gear wont stay in gear"
In response to Reply # 5

yeah, eventually holding it in is bad. i got my tranny to the point where 5th does nothing now. just get it fixed b4 it gets worse. im just buying a new one. although, the rest of the gears are perfect.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

YourInMyMirror95GSJun-28-04 12:11 AM
Member since May 30th 2003
3752 posts,
#3071, "RE: 5th gear wont stay in gear"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by 420AYE
yeah, eventually holding it in is bad. i got my tranny to the point where 5th does nothing now. just get it fixed b4 it gets worse. im just buying a new one. although, the rest of the gears are perfect.

5th doesn't work AT ALL now? good thing you're finally FIXING it instead of using tighter bungie cords

You've Just Been YourInMyMirrOWNED!
CrazyEclipse: Personally I cant do it or at least I dont believe I can. And YA I do play with it...... sometimes...... I'm not bashful, and I think I am the first girl on 2gnt that has admit to it.

DINO: Frankly, life really is great, everyone should be dancing, this really is fun and no, my anus is not bleeding. YAY!

420AYEJun-28-04 06:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3074, "RE: 5th gear wont stay in gear"
In response to Reply # 7

dude. i've been going to klamath a few times in 4th gear the whole way. about 60mph nonstop i still have a 1/4 tank when i get there tho...i doesn't burn any more fuel to go in 4th for some reason!

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2997 Previous topic | Next topic