Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2985
View in linear mode

Subject: "CANT SHIFT!!!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
mlsbkaJun-15-04 09:48 PM
Member since Jun 03rd 2004
164 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2985, "CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"

I was driving on 395 today and i started pushing the car. When i pushed the car all the way to 6000 rpm and tryed to shift to second the shit became almost impossible to shift. I have absolutley no clue y this is happening. I had the slave cylinder bout a month ago so im thinking its the master cylinder. please help

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-16-04 05:45 AM, #1
RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, mlsbka, Jun-16-04 10:45 AM, #2
      RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-16-04 01:06 PM, #3
           RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, mlsbka, Jun-17-04 09:04 AM, #4
                RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, mlsbka, Jun-18-04 09:36 AM, #5
                     RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, Sorry_i_Win, Jun-18-04 12:10 PM, #6
                          RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, ughhhead, Jun-18-04 01:22 PM, #7
                               RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, mlsbka, Jun-20-04 01:37 PM, #8
                                    RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, 420AYE, Jun-20-04 09:21 PM, #9
                                         RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, mlsbka, Jun-20-04 09:51 PM, #10
                                              RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, Administratoradmin2, Jun-21-04 01:56 PM, #11
                                                   RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, HadesOmega, Jun-22-04 10:13 AM, #12
                                                        RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, 2g99RSNC, Jun-22-04 04:31 PM, #13
                                                             RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, mlsbka, Jul-23-04 02:29 PM, #14
                                                                  RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, Pushin420a, Jul-23-04 02:34 PM, #15
                                                                       RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, eclipse_99rs, Jul-24-04 07:17 AM, #16
RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, mlsbka, Jul-27-04 03:40 PM, #17
RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, Pushin420a, Jul-27-04 05:21 PM, #18
      RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-28-04 10:35 AM, #19
           RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, mlsbka, Jul-30-04 10:26 PM, #20
                RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, Pushin420a, Jul-31-04 01:47 PM, #21
                     RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, Pushin420a, Aug-01-04 01:00 AM, #22
                          RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, mlsbka, Sep-01-04 09:50 AM, #23
                               RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, Awsome98, Sep-04-04 02:13 PM, #24
                                    RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, Green, Sep-04-04 02:41 PM, #25
                                         RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, solareclipsegurl, Jun-18-05 01:05 PM, #26
                                              RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, SanJacinto6404, Sep-04-05 04:18 PM, #27
                                                   RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, CarbonFiberRST, Sep-05-05 04:00 PM, #28
                                                        RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!, HardaTaq, Sep-05-05 05:31 PM, #29

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-16-04 05:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2986, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Define "almost impossible to shift."

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mlsbkaJun-16-04 10:45 AM
164 posts,
#2987, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

like it wont shift until i slow down and bring it to a lower rpm.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-16-04 01:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#2989, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

What does it DO? Does it grind, does it just not go in?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

mlsbkaJun-17-04 09:04 AM
164 posts,
#3001, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

i doesnt grind. it just wont go into gear till i drop the rpm to bout 4500 to 5000.

Im going to start putting in my turbo kit this weekend so i really want to figure out what this problem is.

mlsbkaJun-18-04 09:36 AM
164 posts,
#3011, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

nobody wants to help

Sorry_i_WinJun-18-04 12:10 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#3012, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

did u check the clutch fluid? Is it staying full?

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

ughhheadJun-18-04 01:22 PM
Member since Jul 05th 2003
775 posts,
#3015, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

try to pump the clutch pedal like 5 times then go and see if it will let you get into 2nd gear.

mlsbkaJun-20-04 01:37 PM
164 posts,
#3026, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

dam this shit keeps on happenning. I raced an integ today and that shit keeps on happening.
please help

420AYEJun-20-04 09:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3028, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 8

noone cares who you are racing or where you are. u need to tell us whats up!

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

mlsbkaJun-20-04 09:51 PM
164 posts,
#3029, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 9

isnt that i have been telling u guyz!!!

Administratoradmin2Jun-21-04 01:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
543 posts,
#3033, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 10

If it doesn't grind, then there's no reason it shouldn't go into gear. Are you sure you're not just hitting between the "gates" and not actually getting it in gear?

You could also take off the acess panel on the rear of the transaxle (driver's side wheel well) and check that theshift linkages are free and unblocked - you might have a stuck shift rail bushing or something.

HadesOmegaJun-22-04 10:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#3036, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 11

it might be time to top off or change your tranny fluid. That or your 2nd gear syncro is messed up.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

2g99RSNCJun-22-04 04:31 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
894 posts,
#3037, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 12

my friend had the same problem in his rs he put regular tranny fluid in it and once he switch back to nvt-350 tranny fluid it shifted fine. did u switch tranny fluids
je pistons, je rings, eagle rods, srt4 headgasket, crane 16's, crane valve springs, aem cam gears, 2.4 udp, fast fabrication sheetmetal intake, 70mm Tb, p&p runners with 8 injector setup, 450's and 550's, fast Fab turbo manifold, 38mm Tial waste gate, T3/t4, spearco 32.5x8x3 fmic, 2.4 pt tranny, solid front and rear motor mounts, quaife lsd, spec stage 4 clutch, custom ground kit, crane ignition etc. sonn to have smt6 tuned at 20psi

mlsbkaJul-23-04 02:29 PM
164 posts,
#3227, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 13

ok..i got a mechanic to look at it(friend of mines)...after he drove it he said that it grinds in every gear when its above or at 6k and when he did force it in to 2nd once it pops back out.

And correct me if im wrong...if the syncors were fucked up it would grind anytime right, not just at 6k or above

please help

Pushin420aJul-23-04 02:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1877 posts,
#3228, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 14

I have the same issue....shifts fine low RPM's once I hit the high RPM's or trying to shift quick, I have to prime or double clutch it to go in.

I think I got a leak somewhere letting air in my system...I have tried bleeding and bleeding to no avail.

I also changed the MASTER last summer and the slave two weeks ago thinking it can be them....But nope problem still there...

Can someone help me.?

~Lee

"CHECK OUT THE NEW CARBON KNIGHT AUTO"
still under construction
http://hometown.aol.com/pushin420a/index.html

Please help fix my car..
"DONATIONS ARE WELCOME"

***MODS***
Afx/Race computer, V2CAI, 60MM TB, P&P intake, Cam Gears, Exhaust
Tein Drop springs, Tokico 5-way adjustables.

***Mods to come***
Crane Cams,UDP,full greddy exhaust,headers

Lots of Show!!

eclipse_99rsJul-24-04 07:17 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#3229, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 15

Y dont you try changing your tranny fluid first, Its possable that they put the wrong fluid in the last time it was changed. I had a problem a while back,where it was hard to shift. It turned out to be that i was a NOOB and didnt use the right fluid. You need to use the nvt-350 i think, My car shifted somuch better it was like night and day. I say change it and see what happens Its not expensive either.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

mlsbkaJul-27-04 03:40 PM
164 posts,
#3234, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

anybody else????

this problem is really killing me

thanks

Pushin420aJul-27-04 05:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1877 posts,
#3235, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 17

Me I have the same issue....I'm gonna go take out my master in a few min

~Lee

still under construction

Please help fix my car..
"DONATIONS ARE WELCOME"

***MODS***

***Mods to come***

Lots of Show!!

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-28-04 10:35 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#3236, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 18

I dont think its your master lee but try it anyway. For both of you check the trans fluid if thats not it, sounds liek the synchros are beginning to go bad. If you think about it in logical terms, the Sychronizers are there to slow the inner ring so that it may engage with the next gear. If the syncho can slow the gear enough you have to wait like your problem. No as to why second pops out once it is slammed in...sound liek more damage was done by grinding it into gear.

I would say just drive it and when you shift make sure its below 6000. you really dont need to shift that high anyway.

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI
Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges

97 Eclipse
Greddy header - Apexi N1 3" exhaust - SFMU/return line - Apexi SAFC - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

Mitchell on Demand copies available

mlsbkaJul-30-04 10:26 PM
164 posts,
#3257, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 19

did it make a differnce pushin420a??

Pushin420aJul-31-04 01:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1877 posts,
#3259, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 20

My problem is this....

I can drive down the road in gear...if I leave my foot resting on the clutch it will gradually float to the floor....and the car stil goes strong with clutch all the way to the floor..

This is why I think it's my master cylinder.

Hit me up on AIM....if anyone can thanks

~Lee

still under construction

Please help fix my car..
"DONATIONS ARE WELCOME"

***MODS***

***Mods to come***

Lots of Show!!

Pushin420aAug-01-04 01:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1877 posts,
#3263, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 21

Now I have more issues....Damn I'm a nOoB...NOT

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=134559&mesg_id=134559&page=

~Lee

still under construction

Please help fix my car..
"DONATIONS ARE WELCOME"

***MODS***

***Mods to come***

Lots of Show!!

mlsbkaSep-01-04 09:50 AM
164 posts,
#3385, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 22

OK.... i changed the tranny fluid (from satan) and its still not letting me shift at or after 6k. Ahhh....im thinking its the pressure plate or the clutch itself...dont want to change the clutch unless u guyz say so....hahah...so wat do u guyz think

O YEA.....as far as i kknow this clutch is the stock clutch...i have 114,XXX miles on it

thanks

Awsome98Sep-04-04 02:13 PM
Member since Aug 26th 2004
76 posts,
#3412, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 23

Could be your throwout bearing. If your bearing wears thin and throws a ball it will still work, but you would hear a chattering sound and there would be a little extra vibration. It would be hard to shift sometimes and then seem normal. I had this happen to me on my last car, but don't drive with it like that too long because I did and I had to replace half of my transmission housing.

GreenSep-04-04 02:41 PM
Member since Nov 29th 2003
138 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3413, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 24
Sep-04-04 02:47 PM by Green

I had the same problem.
The car would shift fine, except after 6k rpm.
Then gradually, it would get worse... and eventually got to the point where I couldn't shift past 3k rpm.
Took a look at the clutch and it was messed up in all sorts of ugliness. For one, the modular assembly was not longer secure. Second, there was debris all in the bellhousing.
Might wanna take a look at your clutch.
It does have a lot of miles on it.
Mine went out at 70k, but that was from me being a dumb @$$ and launching like an idiot all night at the track.

solareclipsegurlJun-18-05 01:05 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
254 posts,
#4554, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 25

I have the same issue. When Im runnign the car at high RPMs it doesnt want to go into 2nd gear and sometimes 3rd as well. but after slowing a bit it goes in. I have found that the clutch has to be all the way to the floor when shifting and at high rpms i always tend to let the clutch pedel out just enough to not catch and causes the car to not go into 2nd but it doesnt grind. I just think im not paying attention as much when im racing/ running hard then when im driving normal. has this worked for anyone else?

~Lisa~

www.liquidimaginationz.com
www.extremecarsinc.com

SanJacinto6404Sep-04-05 04:18 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
628 posts,
#4740, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 26

I had the same problem, wound up being a leak in the line b4 the slave cylinder, not allowing it to build up pressure in high rpms. eventually causing me to snap my shift cables. but if your fluids full that wouldnt be the problem.

CarbonFiberRSTSep-05-05 04:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#4743, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 27

Too many responses to read, but Mine did this When my clutch was on its way out, I replaced it and the problem was gone. I dunno, just a suggestion.

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

HardaTaqSep-05-05 05:31 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2005
139 posts,
#4744, "RE: CANT SHIFT!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 28

Mine did it the other day (before my damn belts broke), and I hit it (open abandoned road, no people) in first, and nearly redlined it, then tried to shift really fast into second but it made a grinding noise, so I let off, then it went right in. I'm thinking about using synchromesh or somthing, might that help?

lower me

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2985 Previous topic | Next topic