Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2871
View in linear mode

Subject: "6 speed" Previous topic | Next topic
JEMLine16Jun-02-04 05:46 PM
Member since May 22nd 2004
22 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2871, "6 speed"
Jun-02-04 04:18 AM by JEMLine16

Is there any 6 speed transmission for a 2gnt?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 6 speed, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-02-04 05:17 AM, #1
RE: 6 speed, TeamJasonESi_T, Jun-02-04 05:23 AM, #2
      RE: 6 speed, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-02-04 07:29 AM, #3
           RE: 6 speed, TeamMichael_97RS, Jun-02-04 08:10 AM, #4
           RE: 6 speed, TeamJasonESi_T, Jun-02-04 11:52 AM, #5
                RE: 6 speed, Mark, Jun-02-04 12:55 PM, #6
                     RE: 6 speed, 2gntnewbie, Jun-02-04 04:27 PM, #7
                          RE: 6 speed, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-02-04 05:33 PM, #8
                               RE: 6 speed, JWoodley, Jun-05-04 01:26 PM, #9
                                    RE: 6 speed, swhit321, Jun-05-04 01:51 PM, #10
                                         RE: 6 speed, 420AYE, Jun-07-04 11:34 AM, #11

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-02-04 05:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2872, "RE: 6 speed"
In response to Reply # 0

Nothing that costs less than $16,000. Why?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJasonESi_TJun-02-04 05:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#2873, "RE: 6 speed"
In response to Reply # 1

I've heard from a couple of neon-ites that the Mini may use the same transmission (or at least closely related tranny) as we do. The Mini uses a 6 speed.

http://www.neons.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=143949&highlight=mini+tran%2A

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-02-04 07:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#2874, "RE: 6 speed"
In response to Reply # 2
Jun-02-04 07:32 AM by DarkOne

Originally posted by JasonESi_T
I've heard from a couple of neon-ites that the Mini may use the same transmission (or at least closely related tranny) as we do. The Mini uses a 6 speed. http://www.neons.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=143949&highlight=mini+tran%2A

That may be true, because the mini uses a Chrysler built 1.6L, but i can't confirm that it would even be remotely close to bolting up.

The reason i asked "why" is because most people want 6 gears "so they can go faster". Considering the 3.55 trans option, a 6 speed for that reason is a pretty worthless endevour.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

TeamMichael_97RSJun-02-04 08:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#2875, "RE: 6 speed"
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah the use of six speed is for performance and highway economy combo.

The Mini is a 420A variant so the trans bolt pattern could work, just deoends on case abnd diff location, etc, etc...

Exile Racing Technologies: http://www.exileracing.com
una salus victus

TeamJasonESi_TJun-02-04 11:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#2876, "RE: 6 speed"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by JasonESi_T I've heard from a couple of neon-ites that the Mini may use the same transmission (or at least closely related tranny) as we do. The Mini uses a 6 speed. http://www.neons.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=143949&highlight=mini+tran%2A
That may be true, because the mini uses a Chrysler built 1.6L, but i can't confirm that it would even be remotely close to bolting up. The reason i asked "why" is because most people want 6 gears "so they can go faster". Considering the 3.55 trans option, a 6 speed for that reason is a pretty worthless endevour.

Oh I totally agree. But I'm a nut for trivia, such as an available 6 speed.

I myself am not so far away from acquiring a 3.55. It's more of having play money available to buy it.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

MarkJun-02-04 12:55 PM
Member since Jul 11th 2003
154 posts,
#2877, "RE: 6 speed"
In response to Reply # 5

This may be a dumass ? but what is a 3.55

2gntnewbieJun-02-04 04:27 PM
Member since May 25th 2004
89 posts,
#2879, "RE: 6 speed"
In response to Reply # 6

Isn't that a gear ratio? God i feel dumb right now...

ditto...what is that?

- Marc

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-02-04 05:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#2880, "RE: 6 speed"
In response to Reply # 7

Try the search, on this section.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

JWoodleyJun-05-04 01:26 PM
Member since Mar 27th 2003
2335 posts,
#2893, "RE: 6 speed"
In response to Reply # 8

This is kinda irrelevant, but the mini can use the 420a screamin demon coil. i saw some guy post about it on howell. how would we go about finding the necessary info about the transmission? visit the mini boards?

swhit321Jun-05-04 01:51 PM
Member since Aug 02nd 2003
230 posts,
#2895, "RE: 6 speed"
In response to Reply # 9

off topic but does the mini s have the same 420a varient?

420AYEJun-07-04 11:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#2906, "RE: 6 speed"
In response to Reply # 10

oh my god. this post has slowly turned into the grape vine

For all you too lazy to search. our trannies for a dohc 420a, uses a 3.94 gearing ratio. the neon is a little bit higher geared with a 3.55. People boosting lots like to use it so they don't just donate rubber to the pavement thru 1st and 2nd. and it helps you shift a little less obviously.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2871 Previous topic | Next topic