Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2867
View in linear mode

Subject: "Best All around clutch?" Previous topic | Next topic
97eclipseRS_TMay-31-04 05:22 PM
Member since Apr 02nd 2004
149 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2867, "Best All around clutch?"

Sup guys. Just thought i'd ask for your opinions on the best all around clutch. I'm looking at getting a new one relatively soon (possibly a lightened flywheel while im at it) and i was wondering what people preferred. My RS-T is a daily driver so i dont want anything specifically and only meant for racing but still something that will improve overall performace. Any suggestions?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Best All around clutch?, TeamMichael_97RS, Jun-03-04 06:13 AM, #1
RE: Best All around clutch?, turbo8u, Jun-03-04 06:32 AM, #2
      RE: Best All around clutch?, Teamner947, Jun-03-04 08:10 AM, #3
      RE: Best All around clutch?, RyaN95i4, Jun-03-04 12:53 PM, #4
           RE: Best All around clutch?, turbo8u, Jun-03-04 01:27 PM, #5
                RE: Best All around clutch?, 97eclipseRS_T, Jun-04-04 07:29 AM, #6
                     RE: Best All around clutch?, 420AYE, Jun-07-04 11:37 AM, #7

TeamMichael_97RSJun-03-04 06:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2882, "RE: Best All around clutch?"
In response to Reply # 0

We sell Spec and the Stage 3 is the biggest street/strip clutch seller. Good holding power and still streetable.

Exile Racing Technologies: http://www.exileracing.com
una salus victus

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

turbo8uJun-03-04 06:32 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#2883, "RE: Best All around clutch?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Michael_97RS
We sell Spec and the Stage 3 is the biggest street/strip clutch seller. Good holding power and still streetable.

i LOVE my spec stage 3!!!! nicest clutch on any car ive ever driven, very smooth engagement, very light, grips like a mother and overall, just a very sexy clutch i hate driving cars where the upgraded clutch's pedal feel is stiff as all hell and your left leg needs to be a beast

only thing is on cold starts it'll chatter your brains out if you dont give it enough gas in first

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

Teamner947Jun-03-04 08:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#2884, "RE: Best All around clutch?"
In response to Reply # 2

Mine SPEC crapped out on me. Unless I can get a free SPEC disk on a warranty claim, I am not buying another SPEC disk.

Pictures soon, once I get it out.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

RyaN95i4Jun-03-04 12:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#2885, "RE: Best All around clutch?"
In response to Reply # 2

I like my spec stage 3 overall as well. Very light pedal but quick engagement. Seems to be holding 20psi very well.

Only problem I have with it is I have a lot of chatter in 1st, especially when manuevering around w/o using much throttle, like in a parking lot or something. I only have ~750miles on it, hopefully that smoother out a bit more. FWIW, there is less chatter now than there was when it was first installed.

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

turbo8uJun-03-04 01:27 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#2886, "RE: Best All around clutch?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by RyaN95i4
I like my spec stage 3 overall as well. Very light pedal but quick engagement. Seems to be holding 20psi very well. Only problem I have with it is I have a lot of chatter in 1st, especially when manuevering around w/o using much throttle, like in a parking lot or something. I only have ~750miles on it, hopefully that smoother out a bit more. FWIW, there is less chatter now than there was when it was first installed.

one thing you'll notice is a MAJOR pedal feel change at about 3K miles...its weird, bit it got SLIGHTLY stiffer, its nice

i know what you mean about the chatter in first, and if you let the clutch out to fast the car just leaps, lol...clutch grabs like a mofo ha?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

97eclipseRS_TJun-04-04 07:29 AM
Member since Apr 02nd 2004
149 posts,
#2887, "RE: Best All around clutch?"
In response to Reply # 5

THanks for the help, and there seems to be pretty good feedback on it so i think ill probably go with it, but my clutch isnt too bad yet so when it gets bad hopefully ill have the money by then to buy it.

420AYEJun-07-04 11:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#2907, "RE: Best All around clutch?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by 97eclipseRS_T
THanks for the help, and there seems to be pretty good feedback on it so i think ill probably go with it, but my clutch isnt too bad yet so when it gets bad hopefully ill have the money by then to buy it.

i agree. im swappin my tranny soon and if my clutch is shot, i'l go get a luks or a sachs oem replacement that is like, 120 bucks.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2867 Previous topic | Next topic