Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2319
View in linear mode

Subject: "question about pt clutch and tob" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipticriderFeb-27-04 12:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1061 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2319, "question about pt clutch and tob"

ok before you move this, i know it's susposed to be in the other page but i never get any responses there and i need to know by tomorrow...

ok here is my problems...

for those who have got the pt clutch from bob kise, did it come with a throw out bearing? i just got mine today and no tob...

if not, can i use the tob from my spec clutch?

where (besides the dealer) can i buy a tob if needed?

thanks

WTB: Dodge Omni

http://www.geocities.com/shadyporshe851proof/frame_content/indexframe.html

mods: star stage III clutch + 60mm tb + the normal mods, bass, lights well u get the picture

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: question about pt clutch and tob, Uberingram, Feb-27-04 02:37 PM, #1
RE: question about pt clutch and tob, GhEttOrAiD, Feb-27-04 04:12 PM, #2
RE: question about pt clutch and tob, TeamDR1665, Feb-27-04 05:36 PM, #3
      RE: question about pt clutch and tob, eclipticrider, Feb-27-04 05:58 PM, #4
      RE: question about pt clutch and tob, Uberingram, Feb-27-04 06:29 PM, #5
           RE: question about pt clutch and tob, TeamXtremeRS, Feb-28-04 04:34 AM, #6
                RE: question about pt clutch and tob, eclipticrider, Feb-28-04 05:38 AM, #7
                     RE: question about pt clutch and tob, ughhhead, Feb-28-04 03:13 PM, #8
                          RE: question about pt clutch and tob, onetrav, Mar-01-04 05:21 PM, #9
                               RE: question about pt clutch and tob, ughhhead, Mar-02-04 02:37 PM, #10
                                    RE: question about pt clutch and tob, ughhhead, Mar-03-04 05:04 PM, #11
                                         RE: question about pt clutch and tob, ughhhead, Mar-04-04 11:44 AM, #12
                                              RE: question about pt clutch and tob, eclipticrider, Mar-05-04 12:12 PM, #13

UberingramFeb-27-04 02:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2320, "RE: question about pt clutch and tob"
In response to Reply # 0

DR1665 used his old TOB when he installed his PT clutch

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

GhEttOrAiDFeb-27-04 04:12 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
1226 posts,
#2321, "RE: question about pt clutch and tob"
In response to Reply # 1

are the PT clutches sturdier? Like... would going with one be better than say, scrimping and saving for a SPEC/crazy grippy clutch-whatever you damn kids use??

FS: 2.5" Test Pipe 25 shipped

TeamDR1665Feb-27-04 05:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#2322, "RE: question about pt clutch and tob"
In response to Reply # 1
Feb-27-04 05:38 PM by DR1665

Originally posted by Uberingram
DR1665 used his old TOB when he installed his PT clutch

Actually, no I didn't. I went to Satan and bought a new one. They're only like $45. The PT doesn't come with one, but I'm pretty sure they are designed for the tranny more so than the clutch. I would just make sure the one you use is very new, if not brand new.

Originally posted by GhettoRaid do0d
are the PT clutches sturdier? Like... would going with one be better than say, scrimping and saving for a SPEC/crazy grippy clutch-whatever you damn kids use??

A bit grippier than stock, but still not something you'd want to use if you're making more than 250hp as a "performance" clutch. It is a direct replacement and you might save close to $100 with it versus teh SPEC or other clutch, but if you don't plan on making mad power for a year or so, and you need a clutch, I'd get this one over stock. I like the feel of it overall and I think it was a good investment.

eclipticriderFeb-27-04 05:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1061 posts,
#2323, "RE: question about pt clutch and tob"
In response to Reply # 3

so, if i had to i could use the tob that came with the spec clutch... considering that it is the crappy plastic one that likes to break on ppl i will most likely go buy a new one...

one last question, should i go to the chrysler dealer or the mitsu dealer?

thanks

mods: star stage III clutch + 60mm tb + the normal mods, bass, lights well u get the picture

UberingramFeb-27-04 06:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#2324, "RE: question about pt clutch and tob"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by DR1665
Actually, no I didn't. I went to Satan and bought a new one. They're only like $45.

my bad

TeamXtremeRSFeb-28-04 04:34 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#2325, "RE: question about pt clutch and tob"
In response to Reply # 5

Napa has our TOB's for around 35-40 bucks..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

eclipticriderFeb-28-04 05:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1061 posts,
#2326, "RE: question about pt clutch and tob"
In response to Reply # 6

alright, i just got it from satan for 43 bucks...

i hope this goes well and i get my car running again...

it's been almost 5 weeks that my car has been down...

thanks every one

ughhheadFeb-28-04 03:13 PM
Member since Jul 05th 2003
775 posts,
#2331, "RE: question about pt clutch and tob"
In response to Reply # 7

ok, so i'm using a t3 at 7psi for my custom turbo set up in about 4-6 months. would this clutch be good for a turbo application?

onetravMar-01-04 05:21 PM
Member since Oct 02nd 2003
225 posts,
#2344, "RE: question about pt clutch and tob"
In response to Reply # 8

I know matt said his stock clutch held up to about 10 psi and then started to slip, so I think the PT should hold up to 7 psi fine. I dont know for sure. However, I should be testing this theory soon hopfully.

-Travis

ughhheadMar-02-04 02:37 PM
775 posts,
#2353, "RE: question about pt clutch and tob"
In response to Reply # 9

ok cool, anyone want to confirm it's withstanding 7psi? ....so you have a pt clutch and are going to be going turbo soon? i really hope it does hold well. is there any where other than bob kise that would be worth getting it from? maybe i missed it, but how much is this clutch?

ughhheadMar-03-04 05:04 PM
775 posts,
#2367, "RE: question about pt clutch and tob"
In response to Reply # 10

maybe yes... maybe no... maybe a bump.

ughhheadMar-04-04 11:44 AM
775 posts,
#2374, "RE: question about pt clutch and tob"
In response to Reply # 11

aw crap comon guys, i'm gettin a clutch soon and need to know how much it is and where the best place to buy it is... lil help...

eclipticriderMar-05-04 12:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1061 posts,
#2420, "RE: question about pt clutch and tob"
In response to Reply # 12

call your local chrysler dealer and see what they want for it, then call bob kise and get the price from him... other then chrysler dealers i don't think they sell the pt clutch any were...

and i think that it will be fine at low boost just don't go crazy with it u know, it is a stock clutch...

good luck...

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2319 Previous topic | Next topic