Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2192
View in linear mode

Subject: "5spd tranny queation" Previous topic | Next topic
4signFeb-08-04 09:30 PM
Member since Dec 26th 2002
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2192, "5spd tranny queation"

when I start my car I hear a grinding noise coming from the tranny. The grinding cont. while in neutral & while in gear. The noise goes away when the car warms up. Does this sound like a bad throwout bearing(or would a bad throwout bearing cont. to make noise regardless of the car warm up?)
thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

felix4787Feb-09-04 08:19 AM
Member since Jul 02nd 2003
74 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2194, "RE: 5spd tranny queation"
In response to Reply # 0

When you push in the clutch does the noise go away? If so then it's your throwout bearing.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jcracer19May-08-04 08:27 PM
Member since May 08th 2004
8 posts,
#2731, "RE: 5spd tranny queation"
In response to Reply # 1

Gentlemen,
Same symptoms and the dealership told me TO bearing...should have listened to my gut instincts....diff scattered on me less than a month later...btw my t/o was fine outside of being a little worn but replacing whole clutch kit assy while tranny is out anyway.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2192 Previous topic | Next topic