Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #203
View in linear mode

Subject: "short shifter" Previous topic | Next topic
CaptinMorgan97Mar-18-03 02:31 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
282 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#203, "short shifter"

would a short shifter from a 2g GST work for our cars? wonderin, I can get one for 15 used....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: short shifter, 98RsT, Mar-18-03 02:41 PM, #1
RE: short shifter, lonnie1977, Mar-18-03 02:45 PM, #2
      RE: short shifter, SILVERNT, Mar-18-03 03:11 PM, #3
           RE: short shifter, fauchpj, Mar-18-03 07:32 PM, #4
                RE: short shifter, CaptinMorgan97, Mar-19-03 01:18 AM, #5
                     RE: short shifter, TeamDeanoD, Mar-19-03 03:43 AM, #6
                          RE: short shifter, invaznGST, Mar-19-03 05:19 AM, #7
                               RE: short shifter, 98Talon, Mar-19-03 08:26 AM, #8
                                    RE: short shifter, Patroklai, Mar-19-03 08:37 AM, #9
                                         RE: short shifter, bullox, Mar-19-03 08:58 AM, #10
                                              RE: short shifter, WickedESi, Mar-27-03 09:16 PM, #13
RE: short shifter, docta doom, Mar-19-03 09:37 AM, #11
RE: short shifter, 420AYE, Mar-27-03 03:01 PM, #12

98RsTMar-18-03 02:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#204, "RE: short shifter"
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-18-03 02:42 PM by 98RsT

In short, NO.

-Danny

" We cannot appeal to the conscience of the world when our own conscience is asleep. " Carl von Ossiet

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

lonnie1977Mar-18-03 02:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
364 posts,
#205, "RE: short shifter"
In response to Reply # 1

I thought they were the same. When ordering mine they didn't ask if I was turbo or not nor have I ever seen seperate part numbers for the NA or Turbo. Always just 95-99 Eclipse. I think it should fit but I could be wrong. $15 is worth a try.

1998 Eclipse GS,Hahn Stage 2 Turbo Kit w/ Missing Likn and Vortech SFMU,TurboXS Type H RFL,Corbins Digital A/F Gauge,Apex N1 Exhaust, Nuespeed Short Shifter,Autometer Boost,EGT and A/F

SILVERNTMar-18-03 03:11 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
#206, "RE: short shifter"
In response to Reply # 2

yes, they are the same between non turbo and turbo, im lookin at the b&m box, says "fits turbo/non"

fauchpjMar-18-03 07:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#207, "RE: short shifter"
In response to Reply # 3

yes

CaptinMorgan97Mar-19-03 01:18 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
282 posts,
#208, "RE: short shifter"
In response to Reply # 4

SWeet thanks!!

TeamDeanoDMar-19-03 03:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#209, "RE: short shifter"
In response to Reply # 5

All 2G cars use the same shifter. RS/GS/GS-T/GSX

Anything relating to the shifter console and its contents is pretty much the same on all 2G cars. (shifter bushings etc.)

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

invaznGSTMar-19-03 05:19 AM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
#212, "RE: short shifter"
In response to Reply # 6

i bought my stock shifter that was cut from a non-turbo car..fit perfectly..same exact thing.

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

98TalonMar-19-03 08:26 AM
Member since Apr 22nd 2002
1096 posts,
#219, "RE: short shifter"
In response to Reply # 7

do us and GS-T's have the same transmission?

1990 Eclipse GS-T

PatroklaiMar-19-03 08:37 AM
Member since Feb 03rd 2003
108 posts,
#220, "RE: short shifter"
In response to Reply # 8

>do us and GS-T's have the same transmission?
>
>
you shouldn't ask that kinda question.
No.

Looking to buy 4G63

bulloxMar-19-03 08:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
#222, "RE: short shifter"
In response to Reply # 9

don't be rude man, there was a time when you weren't a know it all...

WickedESiMar-27-03 09:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#294, "RE: short shifter"
In response to Reply # 10

>don't be rude man, there was a time when you weren't a know
>it all...

Word.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

docta doomMar-19-03 09:37 AM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
240 posts,
#224, "RE: short shifter"
In response to Reply # 0

damn a short shifter for $15 is a pretty good deal considering the prices on the new ones

sucker MC

420AYEMar-27-03 03:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#293, "RE: short shifter"
In response to Reply # 11

Ok, alright, i'll clarify, No, it won't work for you, not at all. now sell it to me for 15 bucks

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #203 Previous topic | Next topic