Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1960
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion" Previous topic | Next topic
fly1Jan-01-04 10:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1960, "Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion"

Like ^^ says. I'm shopping for a new clutch setup that's equivalent to a Clutch Masters stage IV. My CM stage 3 is finally worn out after some abusive 13K+ miles of 15-19 psi runs daily. What brand and stage cluch setup/combinations do you run. What's your opinion on it? Thanks!!

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion, Teamdougie2, Jan-01-04 12:30 PM, #1
RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion, siueclipse, Jan-01-04 04:03 PM, #2
      RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion, MotoFool, Jan-01-04 04:04 PM, #3
           RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion, KTECLIPSE, Jan-01-04 04:11 PM, #4
                RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion, fly1, Jan-01-04 06:00 PM, #5
                     RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion, Teametx, Jan-01-04 09:10 PM, #6
                     RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion, TeamMichael_97RS, Jan-02-04 03:50 AM, #7
                          RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion, Teamdougie2, Jan-02-04 04:23 AM, #8
                               RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion, babybeclipse, Jan-02-04 08:17 AM, #9
                                    RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion, Teamdougie2, Jan-02-04 05:33 PM, #10
                                         RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion, babybeclipse, Jan-03-04 11:42 AM, #11

Teamdougie2Jan-01-04 12:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1961, "RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion"
In response to Reply # 0

I just installed a SPEC Stage 3 clutch. It's a quality unit at a very good price ($450). The pedal feels very light and racy. Engagement is sharp but still very smooth. I like it better than any clutch I've ever used!

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

siueclipseJan-01-04 04:03 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1962, "RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion"
In response to Reply # 1

clutchmasters stage 3 here.. when it goes.. ill get a stage 4

MotoFoolJan-01-04 04:04 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
#1963, "RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion"
In response to Reply # 2

spec clutch masters or pro clutch are the only choices center force is crap.

specs cheaper and has great customer service.

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

KTECLIPSEJan-01-04 04:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
537 posts,
#1964, "RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion"
In response to Reply # 3

I have a Clutch Masters stage 4. Overall, I like the clutch as it definitely allows for some fast, precise shifts (it disengages and engages quickly).

However, it is hard to be smooth from a stop as the clutch wants to grab and go. You'll eventually get used to it and keep the chatter to a minimum. The easiest way to be smooth is just to give a minimum amount of gas to keep the engine running and drop the clutch (don't ease it out). If you ease off the clutch gradually, as you use to with the stock clutch, be prepared to have your teeth fall out from the chatter!

Btw, I have about 1,000 miles on my stage 4 clutch now.

--Kurt

fly1Jan-01-04 06:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1965, "RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion"
In response to Reply # 4

Thanks guys! Have you guys heard anything about SPEC clutches having a non-modular clutch setup for our cars?? A friend said there might be one. If not, then I wonder if he's referring to the Neon non-modular setup.

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

TeametxJan-01-04 09:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#1966, "RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion"
In response to Reply # 5

I also have a spec stage 3, I am very happy with it so far. It's holding ~350 chp my motor is making with ease. It's also works well on the street.

Spec lists this clutch good for ~450 ft/lbs.

TeamMichael_97RSJan-02-04 03:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1967, "RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by fly1
Thanks guys! Have you guys heard anything about SPEC clutches having a non-modular clutch setup for our cars?? A friend said there might be one. If not, then I wonder if he's referring to the Neon non-modular setup.

Our clutches/flywheels are identicle to Neon clutches.

http://www.exileracing.com
una salus victus
Mods List: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/sig.htm

Teamdougie2Jan-02-04 04:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#1968, "RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion"
In response to Reply # 7
Jan-02-04 04:24 AM by dougie2

Yeah, SPEC offers both modular and non-modular versions. Their website is www.SPECclutch.com Give them a call for more info, they have great customer service! Actually, I was shocked to get such good service!

Doug

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding

babybeclipseJan-02-04 08:17 AM
Member since Mar 01st 2002
3083 posts,
#1979, "RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion"
In response to Reply # 8

After having a look at SPEC's web site. The stage 3 and stage 4 clutches are exactly the same except for the part #.

Did I miss something her ? Same torque capacity and same price!

Teamdougie2Jan-02-04 05:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#1986, "RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion"
In response to Reply # 9

Look here.

http://specclutch.com/products.html

Doug

babybeclipseJan-03-04 11:42 AM
Member since Mar 01st 2002
3083 posts,
#1993, "RE: Stage 3 and over clutch users: please post brand and opininion"
In response to Reply # 10

I'm guessing from their web page I should go with the stage 4 for autocross and road racing. Thanks!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1960 Previous topic | Next topic