Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1836
View in linear mode

Subject: "For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..." Previous topic | Next topic
Doug96GSDec-06-03 02:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1836, "For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..."

Do you have it set on 35% or 50% reduction? I just ordered one today and I was curious...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..., TeamDeanoD, Dec-06-03 05:06 PM, #1
RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..., WickedESi, Dec-07-03 03:41 AM, #2
      RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..., ZadensDSM, Dec-07-03 02:56 PM, #3
           RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..., Skrilla, Dec-09-03 06:12 AM, #4
                RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..., Doug96GS, Dec-10-03 05:53 AM, #5
                     RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..., ZadensDSM, Dec-11-03 03:52 AM, #6
                          RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..., Doug96GS, Dec-11-03 07:20 AM, #7
                               RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..., Ozzmosis86, Dec-12-03 04:15 AM, #8
                                    RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..., Skrilla, Dec-12-03 05:32 AM, #9
                                         RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..., Chamuko, Dec-12-03 08:31 AM, #10
                                              RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..., Doug96GS, Dec-12-03 05:29 PM, #11
                                              RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..., fly1, Jan-04-04 07:17 AM, #13
RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..., MajinVejitaXV, Jan-03-04 07:08 PM, #12
RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..., onetrav, Jan-04-04 10:25 AM, #14

TeamDeanoDDec-06-03 05:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1837, "RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..."
In response to Reply # 0

50% all the way!

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WickedESiDec-07-03 03:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#1840, "RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..."
In response to Reply # 1

Yah, 30% is for "enthusiasts", 50% is for the hard core

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

ZadensDSMDec-07-03 02:56 PM
Member since Aug 18th 2003
175 posts,
#1844, "RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..."
In response to Reply # 2

50% as well
i will say, at first you'll be like "wtf?"
it doesnt take very long to get used to, and i can shift with the flick of a wrist now literally

a very nice piece and it was also my first mod (not that anyone cares lol)

i my b&m lol

reppin the nasty 'nati

SkrillaDec-09-03 06:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#1847, "RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by ZadensDSM
50% as well i will say, at first you'll be like "wtf?" it doesnt take very long to get used to, and i can shift with the flick of a wrist now literally a very nice piece and it was also my first mod (not that anyone cares lol) i my b&m lol

I couldn't have put it better, short throws are beautiful. My B$M is at 50% with an inch and a half removed from the middle. I think my longest throw is like 1". I thought about 35% throws when I 1st instaled it too but I was like, this is the same as any other Mod, YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH, so I said I might as well go the whole nine. So before I installed it I went to muffler shop and had some of it's center section removed and TIG welded back together (cost me $15) and I installed it, simple as that. It is sweet and has been like this for about 4 and half years.

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Doug96GSDec-10-03 05:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#1850, "RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..."
In response to Reply # 4

The shifter itself is shorter than stock thought right?

ZadensDSMDec-11-03 03:52 AM
Member since Aug 18th 2003
175 posts,
#1854, "RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..."
In response to Reply # 5

yes, but not by much.... i believe its less than an inch shorter (probably closer to 1/2")

but, it does a few other things as well, it changes the positioning of the shifter.... after installing it, it sits back and to the left of where it used to in the neutral position

the kit repositions the pivot point to make it higher (i think, cant remember) thus greatly reducing throw.

i cant explain it much better than that but i can say you won't be disappointed, and im sure anyone else with it would agree

i drove my car for 2 hours straight after installing it, just because it was so much more fun to shift gears

and like i said before, now i can literally shift with the flick of a wrist, its awesome, just put it in already lol

reppin the nasty 'nati

Doug96GSDec-11-03 07:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#1855, "RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..."
In response to Reply # 6

Haha if I had it, it would be in the car. I ordered it for Christmas, so Christmas day it will be in my car. Thanks for all your help bro.

Ozzmosis86Dec-12-03 04:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
549 posts,
#1856, "RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..."
In response to Reply # 7

I installed mine yesterday. I used the 50% reduction setting, and I love it. It does take some more shift effort and is kind of clunky shifting, but over all it is awesome. First is kinda hard to get into especially when it was cold this morning. It was a very easy install, only took about a half hour at most. I would highly recomend this mod to anyone.

Andy

Check out my homepage:
http://www.geocities.com/ozzmosis86/Home.htm

and my pics page:
http://community.webshots.com/album/95705837hSPLvt

SkrillaDec-12-03 05:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#1857, "RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..."
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Ozzmosis86
I installed mine yesterday. I used the 50% reduction setting, and I love it. It does take some more shift effort and is kind of clunky shifting, but over all it is awesome. First is kinda hard to get into especially when it was cold this morning. It was a very easy install, only took about a half hour at most. I would highly recomend this mod to anyone. Andy

Then you need the Symborski Shift Kit!(sound like a damn ad) After I installed it, that thing shifted beautifully and perfectly, it really helps. I got it at Mach

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

ChamukoDec-12-03 08:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#1859, "RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..."
In response to Reply # 9

Simb*** (sp sorry) shifter kit, Bronze bushings for the cables, and the short shifter. butter...

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Doug96GSDec-12-03 05:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#1873, "RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..."
In response to Reply # 10

Yea I already have the Symborski kit and I love it. I can't wait to get the shifter in there.

fly1Jan-04-04 07:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2004, "RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..."
In response to Reply # 10

I have the B&M set to 50% and installed it with the symborski bushing kit--waay better than stock. I think I'm going to chop and weld the shifter pole like Skrilla's.

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

MajinVejitaXVJan-03-04 07:08 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2002
446 posts,
#2003, "RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..."
In response to Reply # 0

Won't setting it at 50% kill the synchros? I'm getting one in a month or so (recovering from the holidays, moneywise), and don't wanna do something that will cost me a busted tranny down the road...

-Corey

onetravJan-04-04 10:25 AM
Member since Oct 02nd 2003
225 posts,
#2006, "RE: For those of you that have the B&M short shifter..."
In response to Reply # 12

I dont see why it would. It only changes the distance you need to move the shifter, it changes nothing as far as the tranny shift levers themselves.

-Travis

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1836 Previous topic | Next topic