Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1688
View in linear mode

Subject: "3.55 neon tranny durability" Previous topic | Next topic
mitsudsrNov-04-03 06:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
459 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1688, "3.55 neon tranny durability"

Well my second gear is going out and I guess that means that I need a new tranny. I have been reading about the 3.55 tranny from the sohc neon for the bigger boost guys. I am going to hopefully be running about 17 psi next spring and wanted to know the durrabilty of it. Since it comes off such a low hp car does it need to be built up at all? Can you still use all the clutches and what not for our car? Is everything completely compatable?
Patrick
96 GS
14.14 @ 96.5 mph on 8psi 8 Nov.02
HRC kit, S20G, FMIC, Howell bottom end 8.6 pistons, S-FMU, Blitz BOV, P&P head, SS valves, lots more little goodies

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

extreme97ntNov-05-03 05:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1691, "RE: 3.55 neon tranny durability"
In response to Reply # 0

I would also like to know.

best time so far 14.3 @ 101.1mph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-07-03 05:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1714, "RE: 3.55 neon tranny durability"
In response to Reply # 1

It's the exact same transaxle from the exact same manufacturer in a different car. it's rated for the exact same torque as the transaxle you run right now.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1688 Previous topic | Next topic