Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #165
View in linear mode

Subject: "I have two tranny questions..." Previous topic | Next topic
420AYEMar-16-03 06:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#165, "I have two tranny questions..."

1) My 5th gear pops out. I've been told that my dog teeth are worn. I know very little about this, so are they on the 5th gear itself? Can I just buy a 5th gear from another 350nvt and swap it in?

2)I also have a leaky clutch master cylinder. I think. I was racing one day, and i was pushin it pretty hard, and the next run my clutch was slipping like crazy, I barely made it home. And whenever I Get on it and then go back and look at my cylinder, Its always gone. It will stay in there If i drive normal, but otherwise i dunno. Do i need to rebuild it or what?

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

420AYEMar-17-03 07:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#179, "RE: I have two tranny questions..."
In response to Reply # 0

erm. bumpity?

Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMichael_97RSMar-18-03 04:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#182, "RE: I have two tranny questions..."
In response to Reply # 0

>1) My 5th gear pops out. I've been told that my dog teeth are
>worn. I know very little about this, so are they on the 5th
>gear itself? Can I just buy a 5th gear from another 350nvt and
>swap it in?

You can swap out the fifth gear, but if you're pulling apart the trans check the condition of all the gears and syncros, no reason to do it twice.

>2)I also have a leaky clutch master cylinder. I think. I was
>racing one day, and i was pushin it pretty hard, and the next
>run my clutch was slipping like crazy, I barely made it home.
>And whenever I Get on it and then go back and look at my
>cylinder, Its always gone. It will stay in there If i drive
>normal, but otherwise i dunno. Do i need to rebuild it or
>what?

It may not be the master or slave cylinder, check the lines for leaks first. If it is then you can replace them, I'd say do both, it's safer and again not doubling work when the other goes. Make sure to bleed the system properly, you don't want air bubbles trapped ni the system, it will reduce the effectiveness of the whole system.

15.9 @ 86.7mph
97 Eclipse RS

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Stage 2 Cams, Hooker Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

420AYEMar-18-03 10:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#186, "RE: I have two tranny questions..."
In response to Reply # 2

alright, thanks. Hopefully i'll be doing this soon. and as far as clutch goes, what should i look for on the clutch/flywheel what kind of wear should i expect? i'm 120k.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #165 Previous topic | Next topic