Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1616
View in linear mode

Subject: "Front End Shanking Problem" Previous topic | Next topic
GS-Turbo6982Oct-22-03 09:16 AM
Member since Aug 19th 2003
35 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1616, "Front End Shanking Problem"

When I take off regularly my car shakes bad, it feels like wheel hop but I'm not spinning. If I dump the clutch it won't shake and if I ride the clutch hard it won't shake. Only when I taking off slowly. Could this be hot spots on my fly wheel? I was told that it could be my motor mounts so I installed energy suspension inserts, but it stills does it.

Josh

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Front End Shanking Problem, Teamner947, Oct-24-03 07:12 AM, #1
RE: Front End Shanking Problem, GS-Turbo6982, Oct-28-03 03:58 AM, #2
      RE: Front End Shanking Problem, WickedESi, Nov-03-03 10:25 AM, #3
           RE: Front End Shanking Problem, GS-Turbo6982, Nov-04-03 03:50 AM, #4
                RE: Front End Shanking Problem, Teametx, Nov-07-03 04:49 AM, #5
                     RE: Front End Shanking Problem, GS-Turbo6982, Nov-07-03 07:33 AM, #6
                          RE: Front End Shanking Problem, WickedESi, Nov-09-03 10:38 AM, #7
                               RE: Front End Shanking Problem, Eclipse97, Nov-15-03 04:50 PM, #8
                                    RE: Front End Shanking Problem, docta doom, Nov-15-03 06:47 PM, #9
                                         RE: Front End Shanking Problem, GS-Turbo6982, Nov-19-03 08:38 AM, #10

Teamner947Oct-24-03 07:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1634, "RE: Front End Shanking Problem"
In response to Reply # 0

almost sounds like clutch chatter. what kind of clutch do you have?

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

GS-Turbo6982Oct-28-03 03:58 AM
35 posts,
#1648, "RE: Front End Shanking Problem"
In response to Reply # 1

It is stock. What does clutch clatter fell like?

WickedESiNov-03-03 10:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#1679, "RE: Front End Shanking Problem"
In response to Reply # 2

If one of your motor mounts are dead, inserts won't fix them.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

GS-Turbo6982Nov-04-03 03:50 AM
35 posts,
#1682, "RE: Front End Shanking Problem"
In response to Reply # 3

What do you mean by dead? They look fine, the motor doesn't move at all when I rev

TeametxNov-07-03 04:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#1710, "RE: Front End Shanking Problem"
In response to Reply # 4

It could just be your clutch going out. My friends 95 was making a wicked noise when he engaged the clutch. How many miles are on yours?

GS-Turbo6982Nov-07-03 07:33 AM
35 posts,
#1717, "RE: Front End Shanking Problem"
In response to Reply # 5

About 60K on the clutch and about 140 on the transmission.

WickedESiNov-09-03 10:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#1725, "RE: Front End Shanking Problem"
In response to Reply # 6

What I ment by dead, was one of them could be broken/worn out.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Eclipse97Nov-15-03 04:50 PM
Member since Dec 06th 2001
539 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1746, "RE: Front End Shanking Problem"
In response to Reply # 7

yup i got the same problem.. but i've got 121k on my stock clutch so It might be on its way out.

Good Luck

docta doomNov-15-03 06:47 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
240 posts,
#1747, "RE: Front End Shanking Problem"
In response to Reply # 8

that happened to me one time. the story was that i went through a puddle that was a lot deeper than i thought so i had to get back into gear and i spun through first and second with water flying everywhere. finally i got out and when i would just start accelerating from a stop on the street it would do a wheel hop kinda thing but that went away after 4 days or so, so i don't know what the problem was.

sucker MC

GS-Turbo6982Nov-19-03 08:38 AM
35 posts,
#1776, "RE: Front End Shanking Problem"
In response to Reply # 9

The noise and shaking is getting worse. It's does it almost constant now. I guess when it finally brakes I'll know what was wrong.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1616 Previous topic | Next topic