Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1535
View in linear mode

Subject: "Pictures of inside of tranny gear case? Dino?" Previous topic | Next topic
1sweet98talonOct-12-03 02:05 PM
Member since Nov 26th 2002
341 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1535, "Pictures of inside of tranny gear case? Dino?"

Hey, i need a labeled picture of everything in the gear case. I just got a tranny for free that i am going to use for parts. I have it all apart. I just need to know what is what.

Thanks

"If there is nothing mechanically wrong with you're DSM, then there is something wrong with you're DSM"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Pictures of inside of tranny gear case? Dino?, Teamner947, Oct-13-03 03:42 PM, #1
RE: Pictures of inside of tranny gear case? Dino?, 1sweet98talon, Oct-13-03 05:49 PM, #2
      RE: Pictures of inside of tranny gear case? Dino?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-14-03 11:18 AM, #3
           RE: Pictures of inside of tranny gear case? Dino?, 420AYE, Oct-14-03 01:47 PM, #4
                RE: Pictures of inside of tranny gear case? Dino?, 1sweet98talon, Oct-14-03 06:31 PM, #5
                RE: Pictures of inside of tranny gear case? Dino?, WickedESi, Oct-15-03 03:12 PM, #6
                     RE: Pictures of inside of tranny gear case? Dino?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-16-03 06:10 AM, #7
                          RE: Pictures of inside of tranny gear case? Dino?, 420AYE, Oct-16-03 09:25 AM, #8

Teamner947Oct-13-03 03:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1542, "RE: Pictures of inside of tranny gear case? Dino?"
In response to Reply # 0

not sure how much of a help that is... but i tried. off of the top of my head, i can think of 2 people (Dino and The1Bill) would know more about it.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1sweet98talonOct-13-03 05:49 PM
341 posts,
#1545, "RE: Pictures of inside of tranny gear case? Dino?"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks...that helps a little. I just need to know where to locate each gear, and the synchros for each...and anything else that can be labeled.

"If there is nothing mechanically wrong with you're DSM, then there is something wrong with you're DSM"

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-14-03 11:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1554, "RE: Pictures of inside of tranny gear case? Dino?"
In response to Reply # 2

Take pictures of each shaft, post them. I will label and re-post.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

420AYEOct-14-03 01:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#1559, "RE: Pictures of inside of tranny gear case? Dino?"
In response to Reply # 3
Oct-14-03 01:50 PM by 420AYE

he needs everything 5th gear related. its for me. I might be needing more syncrhos, who knows. Dino, you said that i would be wearing off the teflon on my shifter forks? is there any way i can put a good shifter fork into my tranny? i'm just trying to get my 5th to stay in gear. i apparently(according to you) need 5th, blocker ring and maybe syncros. i'm pretty sure anything having to do with 5th is ground to hell. so yeah, thats what he's lookin for.

EDIT: oh yeah, i grind second sometimes when i am racing or shifting hard..... whats that mean? could be because my master and slave cylinders are close to shot.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

1sweet98talonOct-14-03 06:31 PM
341 posts,
#1564, "RE: Pictures of inside of tranny gear case? Dino?"
In response to Reply # 4

I will have it apart this weekend.
I plan on putting in all my new guages, and taking apart the inside of the tranny friday night. I will get some pictures then

WickedESiOct-15-03 03:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#1571, "RE: Pictures of inside of tranny gear case? Dino?"
In response to Reply # 4

My favorite item in the picture is "thingy".

Originally posted by 420AYEoh yeah, i grind second sometimes when i am racing or shifting hard..... whats that mean? could be because my master and slave cylinders are close to shot.
It means the gear teeth arn't lining up meaning your 2nd gear syncros are going bad.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-16-03 06:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1582, "RE: Pictures of inside of tranny gear case? Dino?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by WickedESi
It means the gear teeth arn't lining up meaning your 2nd gear syncros are going bad.

Not necessarily. The syncro can be perfectly fine, but if the clutch isn't completely disengaged, you can still grind the gear. I used to do that at the track all the time, but it was because i was trying to shift too fast coming out of first, not becuase there was anything wrong with the trans.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

420AYEOct-16-03 09:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#1587, "RE: Pictures of inside of tranny gear case? Dino?"
In response to Reply # 7

yeah, if i wait for an extra tenth, i can shit fine. or if i shift at 65 instead of 7. i think that its my clutch not dis.

Dino, as far as me wearing off my teflon on the shifter forks. is there any way to replace that? if so what do i need to replace.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1535 Previous topic | Next topic