Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1417
View in linear mode

Subject: "All those with CM stage 4 (breakin)" Previous topic | Next topic
mitsudsrSep-14-03 05:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
459 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1417, "All those with CM stage 4 (breakin)"

I just had it installed the other day and I have begun the breakin. The clutch feels a lot diff but my question is about down shifting. When I slow down and or stop I always down shift and it feels a little funy with this clutch. Sometimes from 4th to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd if I ease out the clutch I get some vibration. If I let out the clutch fast it is smooth but grabs hard. Is it ok to let out the clutch fast durring breakin or should I just not down shift at all? Let me know if it is ok cause I dont want to do any dammage. I already have 150 miles on it so I hope I have not done any harm.
Patrick
96 GS
14.14 @ 96.5 mph on 8psi 8 Nov.02
HRC kit, S20G, FMIC, Howell bottom end 8.6 pistons, S-FMU, Blitz BOV, P&P head, SS valves, lots more little goodies

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mitsudsrSep-15-03 10:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
459 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1423, "RE: All those with CM stage 4 (breakin)"
In response to Reply # 0

Nobody has ever experianced this before? I am going out driving again now and I am going to try not to down shift.
Patrick
96 GS
HRC kit, S20G, FMIC, Howell bottom end 8.6 pistons, S-FMU, Blitz BOV, P&P head, SS valves, lots more little goodies

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95greenhrcgsSep-16-03 06:39 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1420 posts,
#1431, "RE: All those with CM stage 4 (breakin)"
In response to Reply # 1

I have had 2 CM stage 4 clutches. Each time I was breaking it in, I did NOT downshift at all, and I stayed outta the boost completely for the first 1000 miles.

I have never had any problems associated with how I broke them in. You will get some chatter with this clutch, but once you get used to it, you can actually modulate the clutch pedal so that its pretty smooth. They do grab really hard when you first start breking them in, but it will tone down a little bit when its broken in completely. Dont get me wrong IT WILL HOLD all the power that you throw at it, but wont be quite as harsh when it grabs.

Jonathan
95 Eclipse GS
8 injector
Hahn Stage 3.5
Howell 2.2L Stroker

T O T A L L E D, T H A N K S T O S O M E A S S H A T!!!!!!!!!!!!

mitsudsrSep-17-03 11:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
459 posts,
#1435, "RE: All those with CM stage 4 (breakin)"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks I did stop down shifting after the post to play it safe. I just wanted to make sure that it was normal to get a little vibration in it. I now have 500 miles on it so it should be ok to boost now right? I dont really think you have to go to 1000 miles CM says you only need 500. Thanks again
Patrick
96 GS

esseclipseSep-20-03 02:07 PM
Member since Aug 09th 2002
682 posts,
#1450, "RE: All those with CM stage 4 (breakin)"
In response to Reply # 3

I am about to install mine. What is the best way to break it in?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1417 Previous topic | Next topic