Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #140
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need shifter linkage bushing...." Previous topic | Next topic
jdeyoMar-12-03 08:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
197 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#140, "Need shifter linkage bushing...."

I need some replacement bushings for the linkage that is located under the battery tray on top of the tranny. One of those bushings is worn down so bad that I am having gear selection problems. There is so much free play in my shifter due to this and I have a B&M and Symborski kit. This just recently happened also, so I probably broke it, dunno how but slamming the shifter while trying to beat a turbo prelude..... well. I need a new bushing.

Will the booger bushing from the neons work here...?
http://www.scecnet.net/~neonneon/boogerbushings.html

-Jared
96 GS
Melbourne, FL

Iceman CAI | RS*R Cat-Back | AFX Pully | Milled Head 10:1 CR | MP 60mm TB

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamMichael_97RSMar-13-03 04:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141, "RE: Need shifter linkage bushing...."
In response to Reply # 0

Good luck... Dealer will want to sell you the whole linkage.

You may be able to modify a set of bushing Modern Performance ells for the Neon, call "Booger Shift Bushings" They are a hard urathane, and work very well. I have a set in my Neon to replace torn up bushings.

Our linkage is held in place with washers and cotter pins, the Neons is snapped over the pin. You'll need to drill out the lip inside the bushing, possible modify height so the washer will fit at the right height... and I'm only guessing the outer diameter is correct. BUt the bushing from Modern are $25 an new set of linkage will rub your around $200 for both cables.

15.9 @ 86.7mph
97 Eclipse RS

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Stage 2 Cams, Hooker Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

The1BillMar-19-03 02:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#226, "RE: Need shifter linkage bushing...."
In response to Reply # 1

Betcha it isn't the bushing, but the horseshoe clip that holds the linkage against the bracket on the transmission. Betcha betcha betcha! Wanna know how I know how it feels? Go ahead... ask!
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

TeamMichael_97RSMar-19-03 05:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#228, "RE: Need shifter linkage bushing...."
In response to Reply # 2

lmao... you been hitting the sauce today Bill?

And yes those clips sucks. Easiest way to get em off is a vise grip, easiest, and most satisfying way to gett them back on is a hammer.

Either way inspect the linkage, clips connection, all of it.

15.9 @ 86.7mph
97 Eclipse RS

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Stage 2 Cams, Hooker Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

The1BillMar-23-03 03:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#254, "RE: Need shifter linkage bushing...."
In response to Reply # 3

No sauce for me, just sleep deprivation. I have never heard of that bushing failing on a 2GNT. On a Neon, however...

I think that the difference is that the bushing holds the linkage in place on a Neon, and get stressed a bit more, where ours has a metal sleeve in it.
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #140 Previous topic | Next topic