Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #132
View in linear mode

Subject: "clutch/flywheel" Previous topic | Next topic
97ESiMar-12-03 05:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
227 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132, "clutch/flywheel"

i'm too lazy to search the archives and whatnot, but my throwout bearing is making some awful ratcheting sound when i start the car in the mornings. it goes away after the car warms up, but it's still not a good sign. other symptoms i'm having are that the clutch can not be let out too quickly or the car feels like it's hopping. not sure if that's just mounts or what, but i'm guessing it's all clutch related.

so...since it sounds like i need a new clutch anyway, i might as well do the flywheel as well. i know clutchmasters makes a modular setup for us or whatever...but anyone got lightened flywheels as well?

any thoughts, recommendations, and prices? tia!

----

Have camera, will travel!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamMichael_97RSMar-12-03 06:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135, "RE: clutch/flywheel"
In response to Reply # 0

I believe clutchmasters also makes a lightened modular combo.

Also Howell does carry a modular and non modular style flywheel that you can put any non-modular style clutch on it. They have SPEC clutches you can but attached to the modular lightened Fidanza Flywheel.

Look under the 1st Gen Neon section if it's not listed in the @GNT section.

15.9 @ 86.7mph
97 Eclipse RS

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Stage 2 Cams, Hooker Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WIKKIMar-12-03 08:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#139, "RE: clutch/flywheel"
In response to Reply # 1

It's a good chance that the "hopping" is your mounts. might be a good idea to check them out also.

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #132 Previous topic | Next topic