Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1279
View in linear mode

Subject: "Having trouble shifting" Previous topic | Next topic
2g99RSNCAug-23-03 11:19 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
894 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1279, "Having trouble shifting"

Ok i've got a clutch master stage 4 and aluminum flywheel installed. After the install i've been having trouble speed shifting at high rpm's it just grinds then goes in if i try to shift real quick. Sence i have a aluminum flywheel quick shifting is essential. Would spacing out the slave cylinder help or is it something else. thanks guys

stage 4 clutch, aluminum flywheel, solid motor mounts, Phantom grip, phantom boost, egt, a/f, oil psi, apexi TT, Jeep TB, Star stage 2 with custom 3 inch downpipe out passenger side bumper, custom ground kit, flacon azenis, 2 inch drop, eibach camber kit, crank scrapper, AEM cam gears, AFX udp, and some other stuff

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Having trouble shifting, 2g99RSNC, Aug-24-03 12:54 PM, #1
RE: Having trouble shifting, YourInMyMirror95GS, Aug-30-03 07:11 AM, #2
      RE: Having trouble shifting, 2g99RSNC, Aug-31-03 09:44 AM, #3
           RE: Having trouble shifting, Patroklai, Sep-05-03 06:02 PM, #4
                RE: Having trouble shifting, 420a, Sep-06-03 07:04 PM, #5
                     RE: Having trouble shifting, 420aturbo, Sep-07-03 01:38 PM, #6
                          RE: Having trouble shifting, 2g99RSNC, Sep-08-03 04:46 PM, #7

2g99RSNCAug-24-03 12:54 PM
894 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1283, "RE: Having trouble shifting"
In response to Reply # 0

bump
stage 4 clutch, aluminum flywheel, solid motor mounts, Phantom grip, phantom boost, egt, a/f, oil psi, apexi TT, Jeep TB, Star stage 2 with custom 3 inch downpipe out passenger side bumper, custom ground kit, flacon azenis, 2 inch drop, eibach camber kit, crank scrapper, and some other stuff

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

YourInMyMirror95GSAug-30-03 07:11 AM
Member since May 30th 2003
3752 posts,
#1314, "RE: Having trouble shifting"
In response to Reply # 1

learn to shift. are you saying that it's heard to get it into gear or what? if it's grinding your not pushing the cultch all the way.

You've Just Been YourInMyMirrOWNED!
CrazyEclipse: Personally I cant do it or at least I dont believe I can. And YA I do play with it...... sometimes...... I'm not bashful, and I think I am the first girl on 2gnt that has admit to it.

DINO: Frankly, life really is great, everyone should be dancing, this really is fun and no, my anus is not bleeding. YAY!

2g99RSNCAug-31-03 09:44 AM
894 posts,
#1317, "RE: Having trouble shifting"
In response to Reply # 2

no even if the clutch is pressed in all the way and i just take my time and pull it back it doesnt go in it just grinds. It does this at low rpms sometimes and when i'm sitting still and let my foot off the brake it will try to roll forward on me even if i'm on flat ground any ideas what it could be

stage 4 clutch, aluminum flywheel, solid motor mounts, Phantom grip, phantom boost, egt, a/f, oil psi, apexi TT, Jeep TB, Star stage 2 with custom 3 inch downpipe out passenger side bumper, custom ground kit, flacon azenis, 2 inch drop, eibach camber kit, crank scrapper, and some other stuff

PatroklaiSep-05-03 06:02 PM
Member since Feb 03rd 2003
108 posts,
#1353, "RE: Having trouble shifting"
In response to Reply # 3

did they replace your tranny oil??
they prolly put gear lube and that shit sucks.
get the OEM NVT-350 tranny fluid for our rides

Looking to buy 4G63

420aSep-06-03 07:04 PM
Member since Sep 06th 2003
3 posts,
#1356, "RE: Having trouble shifting"
In response to Reply # 4

Sounds like you might have some air trapped in your clutch hydraulic system. try a pressure bleeder or a vacuum pump just to be double sure.

420aturboSep-07-03 01:38 PM
Member since Apr 08th 2002
964 posts,
#1357, "RE: Having trouble shifting"
In response to Reply # 5

I am having the same problem after installing the CM stage 3 clutch kit. I'll try bleeding it though, I never thought about that.

Built 420a
NER turbo kit T3/T04s ball bearing
AFX UDP
Crane 0014 cams

2g99RSNCSep-08-03 04:46 PM
894 posts,
#1373, "RE: Having trouble shifting"
In response to Reply # 6

i had a shop install it due to full time student and full time at work and let them drive it they said the centrifulcal force is causing the pressure plate to go back in and making it stick up top. they said i need to call clutchmaster and see what they say. I let u guys know what happens

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1279 Previous topic | Next topic