Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1158
View in linear mode

Subject: "how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.." Previous topic | Next topic
goukis362Aug-05-03 07:45 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
29 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1158, "how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."

how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??..couple hrs?....1 day or what?...thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., mrlocalpimp, Aug-05-03 08:02 PM, #1
RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., cool_g_83, Aug-05-03 08:06 PM, #2
RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., Shockeclipse, Aug-05-03 08:09 PM, #3
      RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., skid13, Aug-05-03 08:29 PM, #4
           RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., Vinh766, Aug-05-03 09:16 PM, #5
                RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., chrysler kid, Aug-05-03 10:49 PM, #6
                     RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., SILVERNT, Aug-06-03 12:14 AM, #7
                          RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., coppereclipse95, Aug-06-03 04:21 AM, #8
                               RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., Jasvb TS2K2, Aug-06-03 04:27 AM, #9
                                    RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., TeamDR1665, Aug-06-03 04:59 AM, #10
                                         RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., Eclipseitall, Aug-06-03 11:49 AM, #11
                                              RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., Uberingram, Aug-06-03 12:01 PM, #12
                                                   RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., soldier101, Aug-06-03 03:35 PM, #13
                                                        RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., woo2gnt97, Aug-06-03 06:57 PM, #14
                                                             RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., 96eclipse2nr, Aug-06-03 07:27 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., TKI, Aug-08-03 07:24 AM, #22
RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., Remy, Aug-06-03 07:36 PM, #16
RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., ModeratorVX100, Aug-07-03 06:07 AM, #17
      RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., Teamner947, Aug-07-03 06:21 AM, #18
           RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., BuckNutty, Aug-07-03 06:46 AM, #19
                RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., ModeratorVX100, Aug-07-03 09:28 AM, #20
                     RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., cool_g_83, Aug-07-03 09:40 AM, #21
                          RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., pn0ymahal, Aug-08-03 01:52 PM, #23
                               RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., Eagle 5, Aug-08-03 08:06 PM, #24
                                    RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., Justin99RS, Aug-09-03 09:30 AM, #25
                                         RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., snufalufagus040, Aug-10-03 06:30 AM, #26
                                              RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., Snail_GS, Aug-10-03 08:03 AM, #27
                                                   RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., YourInMyMirror95GS, Aug-10-03 08:48 PM, #28
                                                        RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., EclipseRST, Aug-10-03 09:00 PM, #29
                                                             RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., 420AYE, Aug-11-03 07:08 AM, #30
                                                                  RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., Dave_FL, Aug-11-03 07:17 AM, #31
                                                                       RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., KidEvo, Aug-11-03 07:49 AM, #32
                                                                            RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., CopperEclipse96, Aug-11-03 07:20 PM, #33
                                                                                 RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., john98gs, Aug-12-03 07:18 AM, #34
                                                                                 RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., 420AYE, Aug-24-03 10:30 PM, #36
RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., TeamMichael_97RS, Aug-14-03 07:57 AM, #35
RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., EclipseRST, Aug-25-03 07:00 AM, #37
      RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.., 420AYE, Aug-26-03 07:04 AM, #38

mrlocalpimpAug-05-03 08:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4518 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1159, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-05-03 08:40 PM by mrlocalpimp

I learned in an hour enough to let me drive where I needed to go, but I had to focus on what I was doing. Within days though itll be copmletely natural and youll soon find yourself holding a book, a phone, a baby and a gun all while shifting, clutching and steering. Seriously.

EDIT: In fact I actually bought my manual Talon without ever driving manual before and obviously without driving the Talon. But the skills came quick enough that I could cruise that night, just not completely error proof.

I got banned for being a constant tard.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

cool_g_83Aug-05-03 08:06 PM
Member since Apr 27th 2002
478 posts,
#1160, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 1

Takes a hour or two to learn how to get going and maybe a week to have it down pretty good

Greg
'99 Black GS-T MT

Defi D-Series Boost Gauge, ExtremePsi Intake, Greddy Type-S BOV, Hallman Evolution MBC ... 3" Thermal R&D Exhaust soon

ShockeclipseAug-05-03 08:09 PM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
#1161, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 1

Like ^^ said...Took me about an hour to understand enough to drive where i needed. But it took me like a week or so til it came naturally..I still have those days when i will fug it up

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

skid13Aug-05-03 08:29 PM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
723 posts,
#1162, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 3

yeah, as long as you understand it, its simple... Like they said above, maybe an hour to learn the mechanics of doing it....Then a few weeks to get in down perfect, with hills and everything.

Vinh766Aug-05-03 09:16 PM
Member since May 18th 2003
347 posts,
#1163, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 4

bought my elcipse w/o knowing how, but about 1/2 to get to where i needed to, and about a week to then drive w/ my knee and eat and cell phone and read, and check out girls, and etc...

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/db428e84_m40c1b269/d3f3/__sr_/d801.jpg?phd27PCBDoVEgv49

1997 Black Eclipse GS *Sold*
1995 Copper Eclipse GST

chrysler kidAug-05-03 10:49 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#1164, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 5

bought my first car without knowing how to drive a stick. IMO that is the best way to do it, it forces you to learn. I figured out how to do it within an hour of buyin my car, and with a day or two it feels perfectly natural. Teaching some one who drives an automatic car is tricky because they dont remember what they did, or how it feels

11.65 @ 115

SILVERNTAug-06-03 12:14 AM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
#1165, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 6

15min

coppereclipse95Aug-06-03 04:21 AM
Member since Apr 29th 2002
1068 posts,
#1166, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 7

at the dealership parkinglot.

1995 Eclipse RS

Jasvb TS2K2Aug-06-03 04:27 AM
Member since Jun 25th 2002
1419 posts,
#1167, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 8

Yup that's about right...of course hard to remember, I was 12.. But I think it's harder trying to explain or teach someone than learning how to...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/jasvbts2k2
"The ONLY Honda I'd mod would be ASIMO"

TeamDR1665Aug-06-03 04:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#1168, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 9

Took about 15 minutes. My dad came home with my first car, a 5 spd Grand Prix, while I was home on my lunch break. I took it back to work. After several kills and several noisy burnouts, I had it down by the time I got to work at Wal-Mart.

The best though, was I taught my wife how to drive stick shortly after we met, and at that time, she said her first car would STILL be an auto. When we went shopping for her first car almost 3 years later, she wouldn't even LOOK at an automatic. She wanted a stick.

She drives pretty damn good too, imo. (Good teacher!)

EclipseitallAug-06-03 11:49 AM
Member since May 30th 2003
79 posts,
#1169, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 10

If you've got Good "eye/hand" then its all natural, otherwise ya might have to work @ it. To really make it easy on the learner, go start off in a gravel field or gravel road. That way you can spin them tires easily without stalling all the time unlike that good pavement hooku

UberingramAug-06-03 12:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#1170, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 11

the ten minute drive from the parking lot where i bought the subie to home. killed it quite alot.

soldier101Aug-06-03 03:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
#1171, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 12

2 hours first day, couldnt get it goin easily without bogging.went to bed, woke up, hoped in, drove it fine as if i had always driven 5 speeds

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

woo2gnt97Aug-06-03 06:57 PM
Member since Nov 06th 2002
1362 posts,
#1172, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 13

I learned to drive in my auto eclipse. I had been driving my auto daily for about a year when I got my VR4 and had to learn stick to drive it.

Learning the mechanics and ideas of it took a minute or two. Learning to perfect it took about a week.

Black 97 Eclipse RS a/t
17'' HP Typhoons
Goldline Springs w/ Tokico Blues
Nakayama CAI
Cat-Back Exhaust
Final Drive Gears
AFX UDP

Metallic Fiji Blue 92 3000GT VR4
Gutted pre-cats
K&N Intake

96eclipse2nrAug-06-03 07:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
#1173, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 14

took me about 2 hours, but i learned on a shitty 88 chevy with the clutch goin out. i was about 10 years old...killed it countless times but finally got it down. every car iv owned (which is a grand total of 2 lol) has been a standard and i intend to keep it that way. no auto for me...EVAR!!

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

TKIAug-08-03 07:24 AM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
528 posts,
#1174, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 15

I think that I was about 11 or 12, and I learned on a '85 cavalier. We was camping, and my dad was like, 'do you want to learn how to drive a stick, and I was like oh yeah! It took me probably about 10 minutes or so. I drove around for about 15 minutes.

Then after that, I really hadn't driven one, and one day later, I just got in it, and it was just like I had always driven one. Both my car and my truck is a stick.

'95 Eclipse RS (sold)
'99 Eclipse GS OZ (sold)
'90 Eclipse GST (sold)
'90 Talon TSI AWD (sold)
'94 Plymouth Laser RS (sold)
'04 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t (sold)
'08 Silverado LTZ (daily)

RemyAug-06-03 07:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#1175, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 0

>how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick
>shift??..couple hrs?....1 day or what?...thanks

I learned in one day driving a 5sp 88" legend.

http://www.BerkshireCountyImports.com

ModeratorVX100Aug-07-03 06:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#1176, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 16

I must be a slow learner

Two or three days, a few hours each day to really get the hang of it.

But, I had a TOUGH car to learn on, an 87 dodge charger. Why was it a tough car to learn on? Because the clutch was as stiff as a truck clutch (think about trying to learn on an ACT2600 and you'll get the idea)

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Teamner947Aug-07-03 06:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#1177, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 17

took me about 10 minutes to get the general idea, but i learned on a 91 Hyundai SomethingOrOther with like 60 horses at the wheels and a pretty worn out clutch. easiest 5 speed to drive.

then i bought the 2GNT, and i figured out how to do hills and start off from 2nd in about a week. took me another week to figure out how to properly downshift and double clutch. then another week to try to toe-heel, but i discovered that the pedal design sucks and it's almost impossible to really toe-heel.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

BuckNuttyAug-07-03 06:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#1178, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 18

took me about a week to be able to do it all naturally n whatnot. I taught myself and was driving on the road within that hour.

ModeratorVX100Aug-07-03 09:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#1179, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 19

When you think about it, we take drving a manual for granted. Most people can't do it. I'm sure everyone here is like me now; you don't even think about what you are doing, you are just one with your car and you just drive the thing.

To the majority of people in this country, just the idea of changing their own gears confuses them to no end! They don't even understand the concept of gears.

I think driving a manual makes someone a better driver. You have to be constantly aware of what your speed is, what gear you are in, and what your car is doing. This easily makes you a better driver.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

cool_g_83Aug-07-03 09:40 AM
Member since Apr 27th 2002
478 posts,
#1180, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 20

w3rd

Greg
'99 Black GS-T MT

Defi D-Series Boost Gauge, ExtremePsi Intake, Greddy Type-S BOV, Hallman Evolution MBC ... 3" Thermal R&D Exhaust soon

pn0ymahalAug-08-03 01:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#1181, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 21

i learned very quick.. it was on a 76 mg the hand brake did not work, its was very hard to get into 1st gear.. learned within 30mins.. sucks when you got to go up hill from a stop ( on the hill ) with a car behind you...you learn really quick..
Michael
99gs (broken) Motor being built now
HRC Stage 2 8-Injector Setup
Fully Built by Early August 2003
2GNT Member #32

Eagle 5Aug-08-03 08:06 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
479 posts,
#1182, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 23

lerned on this car. about 1 hour first day i had it, 2nd day i had no problem starting out. threid day praticed starting on hills an di was ifne after that, just mostly practice and smoothing things out

"Shop smart, shop S-Mart!" ~ Ash
Member # 1523

Justin99RSAug-09-03 09:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
#1183, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 24

had to learn in about 5 mins....my dad owns a concrete company and i had to take a ford mini-dump truck inti inner city baltimore...mind you it had a 460ci engine and a 1st gear that ended at 5mph...yea that was noooo fun at all...but the big ass duallie truck would grab 2nd as good as my car does

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

snufalufagus040Aug-10-03 06:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
332 posts,
#1184, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 25

i won't front here. i'm not very coordinated sometimes, and i did what a few of you did and bought a manual so that i'd be FORCED to learn. i was driving OK within about a day, got it down in about a week. but now that it's been 5 years later, it's true that i still get some pretty severe brain fade sometimes. i.e. shoving it into 3rd instead of 5th when you're already doin 80mph on the highway, bogging it badly, overclutching it, grinding, etc... however, i haven't recalled actually killing a car in years, so i guess that part's outta my system...

snuFFy

Snail_GSAug-10-03 08:03 AM
Member since Jun 07th 2002
266 posts,
#1185, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 26

I traded my 97 (auto) for a 99 OZ 5sp, not knowing how ill get out the parking lot. so in a few hours.

YourInMyMirror95GSAug-10-03 08:48 PM
Member since May 30th 2003
3752 posts,
#1186, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 27

420AYE taught me. it probably took about 4-5 hours to get used to using a stick.

You've Just Been YourInMyMirrOWNED!
CrazyEclipse: Personally I cant do it or at least I dont believe I can. And YA I do play with it...... sometimes...... I'm not bashful, and I think I am the first girl on 2gnt that has admit to it.

DINO: Frankly, life really is great, everyone should be dancing, this really is fun and no, my anus is not bleeding. YAY!

EclipseRSTAug-10-03 09:00 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#1187, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 28

You'll be able to operate the car within the first day or two. After that it's just practice so you don't look like a retard. Oh, and just wait til you start racing with one..

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

420AYEAug-11-03 07:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#1188, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 29

i learned stick when i was a child. like 12 years old. but i was only good at straight lines, w/no traffic. just being able to concentrate on what i was doing. i always had a tendency to forget which gear i was in. but when i actually got my liscense, i got it in an auto, but i got a vw fox! woo hoo. it was a 4 speed with pretty good accel in 1st. but that is it. i still have that bitch, but my klipse is my baby. yeah, i let yourinmymirror drive it a couple times, its kinda a bitch to learn, lol. he had this thing with swirving to the right as he shifted, but i think he's past that now. i still to this day have the following problems. my 5th gear dog teeth are bad, so i gotta push on the stick while in 5th. the girl in the next seat wants attention, so i gotta let off the gas and do some shit. then with my left knee, i'm driving, and my right hand has a hamburger in it, while i shift with my right elbow. very confusing, but i do it almost naturally know. one time, i had a pack of french fries and a hamburger in both hands. just went about 5000 rpms in 4th down the freeway cuz it wouldn't stay in 5th. that was fun.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Dave_FLAug-11-03 07:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
#1189, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 30

Takes an hour or so. I learned on a 1990 mercedes benz while I was in Germany on vacation back in 1991. I was 15.

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

KidEvoAug-11-03 07:49 AM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
161 posts,
#1190, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 31

Took me 3 hours with my dad. He also at the time was trying to teach me how to double clutch and power shift!
5 months later I taught my friend in his new S2000 the day he bought the car. I drove it off the lot and I had him doing figure 8's and goin up and down parking lot hills till he got the hang of it. took 2 hours.

CopperEclipse96Aug-11-03 07:20 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
#1191, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 32

my aunt taught me in her ford explorer when I was like 12. the day I got my eclipse, I drove it perfectly. much easier than the explorer. that thing was so hard to shift, and the shift knob would come off in your hand sometimes.

driving stick definately makes you a better driver. always have to be aware, but in an auto your mind tends to wander.

anyone else ever get in an auto and drive, and when coming to a stop, put your right f9ootr on the right side of the brake pedal, and your left foot on the left side, and slam the brakes to the floor thinking it's the clutch? I've done it several times.

---------------------------------------

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

john98gsAug-12-03 07:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
498 posts,
#1197, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 33

Turn off the radio and listen to the engine the first couple of days. I twill tell you what you're doing wrong. Once you learn to drive a stick an automatic will be boring. I'm so used to driving a stick I feel weird in an auto. I keep looking for the clutch. Also, you don't ride the brake as much in a stick.

420AYEAug-24-03 10:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#1284, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 33

OMG!!!!!!!!! I thougth i was the only one who did that shit! Once, my car was outta gas and i had to get to school and i was just pulling out of my drive way right as the bus was leavin the school(i live by the elementary school) and i drive 15 miles to my school. and i just subconciously heard the engine going up so i stomped on the brake and was like oh shit! i hit my head on the steering wheel. boy was that dumb. but yeah. i do it also.

Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.

TeamMichael_97RSAug-14-03 07:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1222, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 0

I learned to drive on a car that was stick, my '86 Chrysler Laser. I was even searching for the clutch in the auto drivers ed car. Being able to drive it isn't hard, driving smoothly, that's what takes more time.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Smooth idle? We don't need no stinking smooth idle.

Mods List:
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/sig.htm

EclipseRSTAug-25-03 07:00 AM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#1289, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 35

Yeah, the first thing I do when I drive an auto now is stomp on the floor to the left of the brake pedal to disengage the clutch to start the car. Then I feel like a moron, especially if someone is in the car with me.

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

420AYEAug-26-03 07:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#1299, "RE: how long did it take u guys to learn to drive a stick shift??.."
In response to Reply # 37

yeah. they are like woah! then you pretend like you thought you saw something in the road. or you left something at the house.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1158 Previous topic | Next topic