Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1051
View in linear mode

Subject: "ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamAvengerJul-26-03 08:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1051, "ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate"

Do you have the part number for your flywheel? I need the part number for the Fidanza Flywheel that bolts to the flex plate and does not have the teeth for the starter. It should make removing the trans much easier than the full non-modular flywheel I have now.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate, TeamXtremeRS, Jul-26-03 10:02 AM, #1
RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate, TeamAvenger, Jul-26-03 06:44 PM, #2
      RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate, TeamAvenger, Jul-29-03 09:01 PM, #3
           RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate, TeamXtremeRS, Jul-30-03 03:09 PM, #4
                RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate, slacker911, Jul-31-03 09:39 PM, #5
                     RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate, TeamAvenger, Aug-01-03 06:12 AM, #6
                          RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-01-03 06:37 AM, #7
                               RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-01-03 07:24 AM, #8
                                    RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate, TeamAvenger, Aug-01-03 09:01 AM, #9
                                         RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-01-03 02:55 PM, #10

TeamXtremeRSJul-26-03 10:02 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1055, "RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate"
In response to Reply # 0

You're prob looking for Matt_95tgs, since he has that flywheel..he had been moving this week from MI, to Virginia Beach, so not sure how long it will be till he gets back on line..I do know that he got that flywheel with the Spec clutch from Howell..i checked out their website, and couldnt find the flywheel with no starter teeth on it though...but i do know he got it from Howell..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamAvengerJul-26-03 06:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#1060, "RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks Matt, I'll give Howell a call to find out.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)

TeamAvengerJul-29-03 09:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#1088, "RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate"
In response to Reply # 2

It's $350 from Howell for the Modular Fidanza Flywheel. I'll probably order one soon to get back to modular setup.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)

TeamXtremeRSJul-30-03 03:09 PM
6329 posts,
#1092, "RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate"
In response to Reply # 3

Ouch! that shit ain't cheap.. So how do you pull the trans out now?? I've always wondered how they did it with a non mod setup..YOu bolt the entire clutch assembly onto the crank, then put the trans up to the block? Damn, there sure isnt much room to do that if thats the case..

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

slacker911Jul-31-03 09:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1149 posts,
#1094, "RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate"
In response to Reply # 4
Jul-31-03 09:41 PM by slacker911

Thats how I have done it on other cars I have worked on. Bolt it all up and put the trans on, I see no reason why a mod setup on the 420a would be diffrent. Its major PITA to do it on 4g63's I can say that much.

Slacker Motorsports
Some stuff......

TeamAvengerAug-01-03 06:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#1096, "RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate"
In response to Reply # 5

That's pretty much the thing ... with the non-mod setup I can't get the trans out by myself. It be much easier with the mod setup to get the trans out. The worse part is getting the trans back on. It's really tough. So I think making a rebuildable modular clutch is the way to go.

I don't think the price is too much out there (acutally a little cheaper, my CM AL Flywheel was more) ... same price as any aluminum flywheel would be.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-01-03 06:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1097, "RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate"
In response to Reply # 6

This last time i took the trans off, i had to pull it non-mod style, as i didn't have a 6-side 18mm for the flexplate bolts.. man that was a PITA.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

TeamXtremeRSAug-01-03 07:24 AM
6329 posts,
#1099, "RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate"
In response to Reply # 7

I'm almost thinking that's why they made these cars come with a modular clutch setup- greatly simplifies clutch and tranny replacement.. I got a question though, I have heard of at least one instance of the flexplate breaking. Now how worried should we be when we start reaching some hiher HP #'s (like 350-400 CHP)?? Anyone make a stronger flexplate??

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

TeamAvengerAug-01-03 09:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#1101, "RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate"
In response to Reply # 8

Well, after doing some finance figuring I really don't want to buy another Aluminum flywheel. Just too damn expensive right now ... I still haven't recouped from the shootout, brother's wedding, family visit, and fishing trip expenditures. How hard would it be to convert the stock flywheel into something that I could use with my non-mod CM4?

Matt, didn't you do something like that? I wonder if I can take the flywheel off my old blown up CFDF clutch and use that. Any ideas, suggestions?

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)

TeamXtremeRSAug-01-03 02:55 PM
6329 posts,
#1106, "RE: ATTN: Matt D. - Fidanza Part# Non-Modular Flywheel that bolts to the flext plate"
In response to Reply # 9
Aug-01-03 02:58 PM by XtremeRS

The CM pressure plate will bolt right up to a Luk or Sachs modular flywheel(thats what we have stock). The guy who built my clutch just drilled out the rivits of a stock modular clutch, and then built a custom 6 puck cermaic facing disk, then bolted it together. All the pressure plates are the same..actually I believe CM and Spec, ect..use a Luk or Sachs stock pressure plate and modify it, for higher clamp load #'s. But a non mod, and mod flywheel will both bolt up to the CM pressure plate. I'm pretty sure the disk will be ok for fit too..i not 100% positive, but i think its the same size diameter as the stock setup..i dont see why it wouldnt be.. I just worry about the strength of our flexplates..Oh yeah, i can have the trans out and on the ground in about an hour and a half now hahah.. Much easier and faster than what you guys have to put up with

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1051 Previous topic | Next topic