Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #101
View in linear mode

Subject: "Aftermarket Transmission for 2GNT's?" Previous topic | Next topic
MajinVejitaXVMar-07-03 10:40 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2002
446 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101, "Aftermarket Transmission for 2GNT's?"

I own a 1997 Eagle Talon, and before I do any real modifications I want to make sure everything is optimized. I plan on doing an engine rebuild and turbo when I hit 100,000 or so (I'm at a little under 60,000 right now), and little stuff from now until then.

One of the things I was wondering about: is there a kickass aftermarket tranny for our cars? Or would I be better off rebuilding my current one?

Thanks,
Corey

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Aftermarket Transmission for 2GNT's?, MajinVejitaXV, Mar-07-03 10:41 AM, #1
RE: Aftermarket Transmission for 2GNT's?, Fast420A, Mar-08-03 09:56 AM, #2
      RE: Aftermarket Transmission for 2GNT's?, Teamner947, Mar-23-03 11:45 AM, #3
           RE: Aftermarket Transmission for 2GNT's?, The1Bill, Mar-23-03 03:43 PM, #4
                RE: Aftermarket Transmission for 2GNT's?, Teamner947, Mar-28-03 04:36 AM, #5
                     RE: Aftermarket Transmission for 2GNT's?, theallpowerfulme, Mar-28-03 08:00 AM, #6
                          RE: Aftermarket Transmission for 2GNT's?, bigbrent88, Mar-31-03 10:17 AM, #7

MajinVejitaXVMar-07-03 10:41 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2002
446 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102, "RE: Aftermarket Transmission for 2GNT's?"
In response to Reply # 0

Err, I should mention I'm a manual (so no Level Ten suggestions, please) and wanna stay that way, which should be a no-brainer since this is the MTX forum ;p

BTW, if anyone was gonna bring them up, Quaife doesn't make trannys for our cars.

-Corey

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Fast420AMar-08-03 09:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#109, "RE: Aftermarket Transmission for 2GNT's?"
In response to Reply # 1

Qualfe makes a LSD for us. Getting that and a Clutchmasters clutch is about all you can do.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Car Sold

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Teamner947Mar-23-03 11:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#246, "RE: Aftermarket Transmission for 2GNT's?"
In response to Reply # 2

i remember a while back, before i started posting there was a thread about this. i remember some type of weird company that makes 6 speed transmissions that may have been a direct replacement for the NV-T350, for $15k.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

The1BillMar-23-03 03:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#253, "RE: Aftermarket Transmission for 2GNT's?"
In response to Reply # 3

That would be Quaife. They can make anything driveline related, and offer an unlimited lifetime warranty. Great company. And they can make anything that they have ever made, as they keep all of the drawings and such. There is no better in the world.
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

Teamner947Mar-28-03 04:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#295, "RE: Aftermarket Transmission for 2GNT's?"
In response to Reply # 4
Mar-28-03 04:40 AM by ner947

http://www.quaifeamerica.com/transmissions/fwd/32g.htm

lol... $16k+ for a transmission with a "stock" feel... helical gears. yay.

$15k+ for the straight cut ones i guess. pretty nuts.

if i had $16k to invest in my car would i get it? hell yes. 6 speed would be sick. maybe if i keep my car forever, and i'm stuck at stage V, and i have no other cool mods to do (i'll never do NAWWWWS!) i'll do a 6 speed after saving up forever. it would be the ULTIMATE mod. would be some crazy custom work to get it to work though.

EDIT: wait a minute... it doesn't really say on the site, maybe i'm a retard, but does this thing have a reverse gear?

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

theallpowerfulmeMar-28-03 08:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#301, "RE: Aftermarket Transmission for 2GNT's?"
In response to Reply # 5

not to mention it is sequential, meaning you just slap it up and down to cycle through the gears.

bigbrent88Mar-31-03 10:17 AM
Member since Jan 13th 2002
692 posts,
#310, "RE: Aftermarket Transmission for 2GNT's?"
In response to Reply # 6

Just wondering is there a limiting factor to making mass produced sequential gearboxes? Seems like that would be a sweet selling point(not to mention an overall sweet idea) to sell them stock on sports cars. Also if one didnt have lets say $16,000.00 for this tranny and just wanted to make their own parts and keep our stock non-sequential action, what would be the aprox. cost for custom straight cut gears(custom ratios) and custom stronger synchros and maybe a new final drive? Also is there anything we can get thats similar to that tube that makes equal length driveshafts? You can have a 6 speed easily, just make sure your car is light or you'll be dreading pushing it out of parking spots, maybe just park real far away and hope no one gets in front of you!!
Brent

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #101 Previous topic | Next topic