Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7633
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch line and short shifter" Previous topic | Next topic
Warmage12Feb-06-09 10:10 AM
Member since May 24th 2008
168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7633, "Clutch line and short shifter"

Been looking into getting these. My stock one clutch line flexed enough to snap ducktape i wrapped around it and the peddle feels spoungy. Gota pump it when its cold to get it to work properly. I'd also like to shorten the tree. Not too much. Been lookin at the megan racing and fidanza shifters. Like to know were the best place to get these parts.
I love my car...
I love Horsepower...
I love reliability...
So why do i own a DSM again?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Clutch line and short shifter, adamzty, Feb-06-09 10:21 AM, #1
RE: Clutch line and short shifter, Moderatorteklein, Feb-06-09 10:37 AM, #2
      RE: Clutch line and short shifter, Warmage12, Feb-06-09 11:01 AM, #3
           RE: Clutch line and short shifter, adamzty, Feb-06-09 11:39 AM, #4
                RE: Clutch line and short shifter, Fallen4ng31, Feb-06-09 12:32 PM, #5
                     RE: Clutch line and short shifter, thedawg, Feb-06-09 12:35 PM, #6
                          RE: Clutch line and short shifter, Warmage12, Feb-06-09 05:47 PM, #7
                               RE: Clutch line and short shifter, klynt96rst, Mar-18-09 10:34 AM, #8
                                    RE: Clutch line and short shifter, foggy45, Mar-19-09 04:57 PM, #9
                                         RE: Clutch line and short shifter, RoninEclipse2G, Mar-19-09 05:17 PM, #10

adamztyFeb-06-09 10:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7634, "RE: Clutch line and short shifter"
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-06-09 10:21 AM by adamzty

If the pedal feels muchy, the first thing you should do is bleed it and see if it gets better. Your master or slave cylinder could be going out. SS line would be a good idea too.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratortekleinFeb-06-09 10:37 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#7635, "RE: Clutch line and short shifter"
In response to Reply # 1

Umm, since when is duct tape used in a hydraulic system?

+1 on bleeding, make sure you bleed it right. Master first, then slave.

Warmage12Feb-06-09 11:01 AM
168 posts,
#7636, "RE: Clutch line and short shifter"
In response to Reply # 2

No, i wrapped the rubber to see if it would help. My guess is the tension was too much. I've bled it several times. I've gotten kinda good at it. But i was gona bleed it again with MOTUL brake fluid but decided to wait till i get the ss line, do it all at the same time. Its good enough to drive without damaging the trans. I just can't do any GOOD speed shifting cause the clutch comes back out too fast cause its not dissengaging far enough, Throws my timing off. The slave and master are both new. Bot replaced when i got the car. 5000 miles ago. lol I've only put 5000 miles on it in a year. Damn im good.
I love my car...
I love Horsepower...
I love reliability...

adamztyFeb-06-09 11:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
#7637, "RE: Clutch line and short shifter"
In response to Reply # 3

yeah, duct tape wont fix a hydraulic line worth a shit. You need a new line then you should be good.

Fallen4ng31Feb-06-09 12:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#7638, "RE: Clutch line and short shifter"
In response to Reply # 4

Do you even understand the principal behind hydraulics?

http://science.howstuffworks.com/hydraulic1.htm

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

thedawgFeb-06-09 12:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#7639, "RE: Clutch line and short shifter"
In response to Reply # 5

Don't listen to these guys, duct tape will fix anything.

I personally just wrap a little bubble gum around my clutch and it does the job. You have to chew it up good first, but if you press it on it works just fine.

Really, I think Obama should mandate that we stop using so much metal in cars and start looking into renewable car parts made out of recycled cardboard.

Warmage12Feb-06-09 05:47 PM
168 posts,
#7642, "RE: Clutch line and short shifter"
In response to Reply # 6
Feb-06-09 05:51 PM by Warmage12

The point of the tape wasn't to fix it. But to see if the flex in the line was alot. If it didn't help it, it would snap. Letting me know i needed a new line. If it didn't snap i'd take it back off.

And yes i understand hydraulics. Its the trade off of alot of distance covered with little force in order to do a large amount of work over a small distance. Same with the cable brake on a bicycle.

Now, can we get back to my OP. Please.
I love my car...
I love Horsepower...
I love reliability...

klynt96rstMar-18-09 10:34 AM
Member since Jun 12th 2008
25 posts,
#7724, "RE: Clutch line and short shifter"
In response to Reply # 7

just replace the clutch line with a steel braided
there only like 40 or less,

Striped and left for dead now rebuilding
96 Eclipse Rs will be T again soon
Cold Air intake, Megan Header, N1 Cat back exhaust, test pipe, UDP, Drum To Disc Conversion, OBX throttle body spacer

foggy45Mar-19-09 04:57 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#7737, "RE: Clutch line and short shifter"
In response to Reply # 8

on the SS line topic
grab the one made for the 1G from RRE or MachV, they drop right in after you transfer over the stock brackets.
bleed and enjoy.

Short shifter
are you wanting short height or short throw?
i still swear by my B&M, but i know that megan and fidanza are close seconds. either one will make a difference in travel and tighten things up. i'd start with either one then if you don't like the height then cut it down, but drive it for a while to get used to it

when you add whatever shifter, i would highly recommend installing a Symbroski kit as well as either brass or roller-ball shifter arm bushings. dont worry, the kits for the 4G are the same as ours.
this is about as close to "bolt-action" as we can get our shifter

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

RoninEclipse2GMar-19-09 05:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#7738, "RE: Clutch line and short shifter"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by foggy45
when you add whatever shifter, i would highly recommend installing a Symbroski kit as well as either brass or roller-ball shifter arm bushings. dont worry, the kits for the 4G are the same as ours. this is about as close to "bolt-action" as we can get our shifter

+1 For the Symborski kit. it makes the biggest difference I've ever felt for the money.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7633 Previous topic | Next topic