Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7363
View in linear mode

Subject: "Duralast Speed Sensor A" Previous topic | Next topic
96TurboGSSep-13-08 08:57 AM
Member since Dec 01st 2007
125 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7363, "Duralast Speed Sensor A"

I’ve been through 3 of them in the past year and I don’t even beat my car to death. Does anyone know why I keep killing these sensors? And can anyone tell me why they are 50 smacks at autozoo and everywhere else like Napa and advance there 100? Is there a quality diff between Duralast and the other sensors out there on the market?

Built to last my ass, lol

-Rafiel

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Duralast Speed Sensor A, 740 turbo brick, Sep-13-08 03:49 PM, #1
RE: Duralast Speed Sensor A, 96TurboGS, Sep-13-08 04:06 PM, #2
      RE: Duralast Speed Sensor A, 740 turbo brick, Sep-13-08 06:53 PM, #3
           RE: Duralast Speed Sensor A, 96TurboGS, Sep-14-08 06:36 AM, #4
                RE: Duralast Speed Sensor A, 420agreenvilleSC, Sep-14-08 01:26 PM, #5
                     RE: Duralast Speed Sensor A, 96TurboGS, Sep-16-08 07:22 PM, #6

740 turbo brickSep-13-08 03:49 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7364, "RE: Duralast Speed Sensor A"
In response to Reply # 0

How are they failing? Falling apart? Losing continuity in the circut?

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

96TurboGSSep-13-08 04:06 PM
125 posts,
#7365, "RE: Duralast Speed Sensor A"
In response to Reply # 1

Circuit is failing internally....

-Rafiel

740 turbo brickSep-13-08 06:53 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#7366, "RE: Duralast Speed Sensor A"
In response to Reply # 2
Sep-13-08 06:55 PM by 740 turbo brick

Hmm...I would say either there is something faulty in the wiring that is just frying the sensors...or Duralast just doesnt make them to a high enough quality. I rock duralast brake rotors, pads, few other parts, they seem to hold up but never used sensors. I would see if you can get an OEM sensor from another transmission and see how that one holds up.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

96TurboGSSep-14-08 06:36 AM
125 posts,
#7367, "RE: Duralast Speed Sensor A"
In response to Reply # 3

IDK man, I know Duralast stuff is pretty good. I think I might take both sensors (OEM and Duralast) apart nd look at there circuits internally. If I can’t see the diff then I will ask my electronics professor witch sensor he thinks looks rock solid. I think both sensors would have the same circuit, same impedance, ect. I guess the point of this post was too see if anyone else had this problem. Come to think of it I did hit boost nd then my Speedo died, lol. I doubt that has anything to do with it tho.

-Rafiel

420agreenvilleSCSep-14-08 01:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#7368, "RE: Duralast Speed Sensor A"
In response to Reply # 4

i'd try one from the dealer

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

96TurboGSSep-16-08 07:22 PM
125 posts,
#7370, "RE: Duralast Speed Sensor A"
In response to Reply # 5

UPDATE……so I pulled the sensor out to find that it was perfect and worked when I spun it around. As I took the sensor out and put it back in I felt it lock into place. Did a CEL scan and sensor A did not come up this time only the code for my safc (air/fuel modified). Car runs great but there is no Speedo. The gear on the sensor doesn’t seem to be damaged in any way. Do I have to pull the transmission and replace the gears that turn it????

Weller is the manufacture of the duralast speedo sensor, its just placed in a autozoo box

-Rafiel

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7363 Previous topic | Next topic