Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7218
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rear Transmission Bracket" Previous topic | Next topic
Beppe_7Jun-07-08 02:53 AM
Member since Jun 07th 2008
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7218, "Rear Transmission Bracket"

Hey guys i am in the middle of a auto to manual transmission swap. engines in. transmission bolted up. all motor mounts are bolted up except the rear one by the firewall. for some strange reason the bracket does not line up. this transmission was from a junk yard. also it looks like someone already tried to make the bracket work. is this the right bracket for a 2g NT manual transmission. i am lost here thanks!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

foggy45Jun-07-08 03:14 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7219, "RE: Rear Transmission Bracket"
In response to Reply # 0

yes thats the correct one to bolt to the transmission. i'm assuming you already have the part that bolts to the sub-frame?
looks like hell though, like the previous owner had loose bolts and kept using it.

to use this you will definatly neeed washers to span that gap in those holes to reduce the posiblity of rocking and either widening the ovals further or snaping it completly.
you may need longer bolts to get a good bite after adding the washers though

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Beppe_7Jun-07-08 03:58 AM
3 posts,
#7220, "RE: Rear Transmission Bracket"
In response to Reply # 1
Jun-07-08 04:01 AM by Beppe_7

you see the hole in the center. now do all 3 holes bolt up to the tranny or just 2? outer ones? when i try to line up all 3 holes the bracket is slightly crooked. i dunno why the heck he drilled them out for?

what part are u referring to for the sub frame? the mount itself?

foggy45Jun-07-08 10:29 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#7221, "RE: Rear Transmission Bracket"
In response to Reply # 2

yes all holes should line up to the transmission.
lol i might look for a different one

and yes the subframe part is the mount itself

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

Beppe_7Jun-07-08 03:02 PM
3 posts,
#7222, "RE: Rear Transmission Bracket"
In response to Reply # 3

Yea i was looking for another one. and the dealer wants 75 bucks! so i wind up putting the hoist back on the motor and loosing all the mounts and playing with each one till they all went it good. who ever also had the tranny stripped out one of the bolt holes so i got a bigger tap and it came out nice. anyways all is well. when i come across one in a junk yard i will pick one up. eclipse is hard to come by around here. and if they have there either stripped all out to bare metal or there automatics. thanks again for the help!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7218 Previous topic | Next topic