Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4113
View in linear mode

Subject: "aww crap, i think i messed up, any ideas" Previous topic | Next topic
OnnoffplayerMar-07-05 10:00 AM
Member since Jan 23rd 2005
93 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4113, "aww crap, i think i messed up, any ideas"

Ok just got done wit put back together everything after dropping the tranny and taking it apart and all. Anyway, now whenever i put the car in neatral i can spin each axel independently but the other will not turn with it. However whenever i put it in 1st-5th i will spin one of the hubs and the other will rotate the opposite way. Did i put the axels in the wrong end of the differential or sumthin? I know this cannot be right, its my first time messing with the tranny can someone please help me.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

OnnoffplayerMar-07-05 05:57 PM
93 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4118, "RE: aww crap, i think i messed up, any ideas"
In response to Reply # 0

seriously nobody has any ideas on what this could be.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KirbyMar-08-05 06:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#4119, "RE: aww crap, i think i messed up, any ideas"
In response to Reply # 1

There really is no way to put the axles in the wrong way...

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-08-05 06:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#4120, "RE: aww crap, i think i messed up, any ideas"
In response to Reply # 2

You're fine. That's normal. That's how an open diff works.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

OnnoffplayerMar-08-05 07:33 AM
93 posts,
#4122, "RE: aww crap, i think i messed up, any ideas"
In response to Reply # 3

o holy crap thank yall so much, i thought i had really screwed up bad

OnnoffplayerMar-08-05 04:16 PM
93 posts,
#4126, "RE: aww crap, i think i messed up, any ideas"
In response to Reply # 4

it works fine now, no more leaks or anything. Shifts way smoother. Thanx everyone.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4113 Previous topic | Next topic