Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3800
View in linear mode

Subject: "NO clutch pressure...pump it and it works" Previous topic | Next topic
97gsxDec-27-04 10:15 AM
Member since Aug 23rd 2004
105 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3800, "NO clutch pressure...pump it and it works"

When i first get into the car the pedals falls to the floor...but when you pump it a bit...it works fine. Whats the deal? Slave cylinder? any ides please help!

'97 GSX (4g63)
99 front facia/Big 16g turbo, 16psi/custom intercooler piping/turbo xs dual stage boost controler/greddy bov/MSD 8.5mm superconductor wires/NGK plugs/18" hyper black rims w/chrome lip/aem drilled and slotted rotors/front upper and rear lower anti-sway bars/test pipe/magnaflow highflow cat/cat back exhaust/eibach springs/ground control coil-overs/1600lbs act clutch/organic flywheel/zeotronics digital air/fuel readout/autometer sportcomp boost and cobalt egt gauges

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: NO clutch pressure...pump it and it works, 97gsx, Dec-27-04 10:17 AM, #1
RE: NO clutch pressure...pump it and it works, grain, Dec-28-04 06:38 AM, #2
RE: NO clutch pressure...pump it and it works, tomatot, Jan-18-05 08:39 PM, #3
RE: NO clutch pressure...pump it and it works, crxcess, Jan-20-05 04:43 AM, #4
      RE: NO clutch pressure...pump it and it works, talonguy2005, Jan-20-05 04:29 PM, #5
           RE: NO clutch pressure...pump it and it works, Awsome98, Jan-31-05 09:22 AM, #6

97gsxDec-27-04 10:17 AM
Member since Aug 23rd 2004
105 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3801, "RE: NO clutch pressure...pump it and it works"
In response to Reply # 0

I just checked the next post and it says to bleend the tranny fluid lines...anyone know how

'97 GSX (4g63)
99 front facia/Big 16g turbo, 16psi/custom intercooler piping/turbo xs dual stage boost controler/greddy bov/MSD 8.5mm superconductor wires/NGK plugs/18" hyper black rims w/chrome lip/aem drilled and slotted rotors/front upper and rear lower anti-sway bars/test pipe/magnaflow highflow cat/cat back exhaust/eibach springs/ground control coil-overs/1600lbs act clutch/organic flywheel/zeotronics digital air/fuel readout/autometer sportcomp boost and cobalt egt gauges

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

grainDec-28-04 06:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#3809, "RE: NO clutch pressure...pump it and it works"
In response to Reply # 1

no, its bleed the clutch slave line. if you dont know where the slave clynder is, then take it somewhere that knows where it is.

tomatotJan-18-05 08:39 PM
Member since Sep 24th 2003
198 posts,
#3910, "RE: NO clutch pressure...pump it and it works"
In response to Reply # 0

I have a master cylinder leaking before. My clutch can't move up itself.

Not sure if it's the same problem.

Check for leaking !

crxcessJan-20-05 04:43 AM
Member since Jan 10th 2005
6 posts,
#3917, "RE: NO clutch pressure...pump it and it works"
In response to Reply # 3

yeah, it sounds like a leak somewhere. look up under the dash behind where the MC is, you might find it running down the inside of the car.

talonguy2005Jan-20-05 04:29 PM
Member since May 16th 2004
1473 posts,
#3923, "RE: NO clutch pressure...pump it and it works"
In response to Reply # 4
Jan-20-05 04:29 PM by talonguy2005

my master cylinder was leaking a couple weeks ago, and i lost all pedal pressure, and i had to pump it, etc. just check for leaks, if it is the MC replace it and bleed the clutch lines, its not too hard.

if you need any help on replacing the master cylinder just IM me.

1992 Plymouth Laser
-Bone stock for now.

Awsome98Jan-31-05 09:22 AM
Member since Aug 26th 2004
76 posts,
#3961, "RE: NO clutch pressure...pump it and it works"
In response to Reply # 5

The slave cylinder bleeder valve is the same size as the brake bleeders, I would recomend replacing it with a speed bleeder, its much easier and more efficient than doing it manually. I had a bleeder valve go bad on me before and it was leaking fluid very slowly, look at the slave cylinder and see if you can spot any fluid coming out.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3800 Previous topic | Next topic