Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #282
View in linear mode

Subject: "leaking MTX" Previous topic | Next topic
95_ESi_PersonMar-27-03 04:53 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#282, "leaking MTX"

i had my trans rebuilt, well, now it's leaking. i brought it back a few times and each time the guys said that it was the axle shaft seals. they said that sometimes they don't seal right?

it was fine for a few days, and on my drive to school, but it seems that after i drove it hard (just once) it started leaking! i ended up squealing my tires going into 2nd gear, could that have caused the seals to unseal? please help.

or does this shop just suck balls?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

juggaloMar-27-03 06:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#284, "RE: leaking MTX"
In response to Reply # 0

it could be that your seals are just old or that they were damaged when the axle was reinstalled. mine was leaking pretty bad so when i changed my clutch i also got new axle seals. it doesn't leak anymore

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95_ESi_PersonMar-27-03 06:17 AM
3260 posts,
#285, "RE: leaking MTX"
In response to Reply # 1

the shop replaced the seals, actually, many times because they still leaked. they said if it still leaks i'll probably need new axles. are they just trying to get more money out of me?

before they said there was a scratch where the seal goes so fluid was leaking out of that, patched it up.

now they said that there was rust pitting on the axle where it meets the seal (based on my knowledge, no rust should EVER appear around a seal, no oxygen present) so they buffed it down (messing with tolerances and creating a larger clearance)

i'm pissed, why cant they do their damn job right? come on, they are loosing money on my car because they can't do it right!!! (i've been there 7 times because of problems)

juggaloMar-29-03 11:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#307, "RE: leaking MTX"
In response to Reply # 2

are you positive they actually replaced the seals? if they did they must have fuct them up when installing the axle. the seals are kinda the same shape as a tire, imagine that instead of air in the tire there is grease. itseams like the grease should help seal in the fluid, that is if you have new seals. rust on the axle shouldn't be a problem.

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

95_ESi_PersonMar-30-03 03:14 PM
3260 posts,
#308, "RE: leaking MTX"
In response to Reply # 3

i don't know... i hate this shop, i don't know how fluid would leak out of them if what you are saying is true. the shop said that they replaced them (a few times)

they put ATF+4 in there. it's working fine (actually better than ever), but it's leaking! (if it wasn't atf+4 in there i would think that it was just oil leaking, so the auto trans stuff is a good thing for the time being) my question with that is since it's a thinner fluid, would that cause it to leak?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #282 Previous topic | Next topic