Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7145
View in linear mode

Subject: "southbend ofe or fe?" Previous topic | Next topic
halfasss101May-01-08 04:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7145, "southbend ofe or fe?"

Is anybody putting down some big hp/tq numbers with these clutches? How do they hold up? I'm debating on the two. I already have the ofe, but not installed, i'm thinking I might exchange it for the FE because i might be pushing the ofe's limit. I plan to be boosting mid 20's but i'll throw everything the clutch can handle after the head is built. Any comments?
Thanks guys

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: southbend ofe or fe?, Moderatorxcasbonx, May-01-08 10:40 AM, #1
RE: southbend ofe or fe?, wickedtalon, May-02-08 04:14 AM, #2
RE: southbend ofe or fe?, halfasss101, May-02-08 07:38 AM, #3
      RE: southbend ofe or fe?, 96TurboGS, Oct-16-08 02:32 PM, #4
           RE: southbend ofe or fe?, 420agreenvilleSC, Oct-16-08 05:27 PM, #5
                RE: southbend ofe or fe?, Teamdougie2, Oct-16-08 06:54 PM, #6
                     RE: southbend ofe or fe?, 420agreenvilleSC, Oct-17-08 09:46 AM, #7
                     RE: southbend ofe or fe?, 96TurboGS, Oct-19-08 07:08 AM, #8

ModeratorxcasbonxMay-01-08 10:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7146, "RE: southbend ofe or fe?"
In response to Reply # 0

The OFE will handle what you're shooting to throw at it. Heard this first hand from Andy himself.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

wickedtalonMay-02-08 04:14 AM
Member since Jan 04th 2002
978 posts,
#7147, "RE: southbend ofe or fe?"
In response to Reply # 1

I have the OFE and I'm running 20psi right now. I'll let you know how it feels w/ more psi soon. I was told it will hold but I already had an issue and had to send the clutch back to get rebuilt.

// Jim // 95 Talon / 99 Eclipse (sold)

Cincinnati,OH

halfasss101May-02-08 07:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#7148, "RE: southbend ofe or fe?"
In response to Reply # 1

That's odd because i talked to him on the phone yesterday morning and he said it was 80% over stock and said it'll handle about 200hp. I was like, WTF, when i first asked about it, somebody told me rated to mid 400 torque. But i already arranged to ship the ofe back, just have to ship the ofe today. After a couple of these posts you guys have here, i guess i dont have to..... BUT, andy said he would upgrade me to the FE for no charge. Just pay the shipping to them and they'll pay shipping back. So i said what the hell, I have a little more playing room and a stronger clutch for no charge. Works for me!

96TurboGSOct-16-08 02:32 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2007
125 posts,
#7394, "RE: southbend ofe or fe?"
In response to Reply # 3

I thought I being this back up because im getting the fe here in a couple weeks. Since this question has been unanswered... how did you like the clutch? How does it grip? Does anyone know the max tourque on these? If this is your daily driver how does it shift? I also thought about getting the fidanza light flywheel, but is it worth it?

-Rafiel

420agreenvilleSCOct-16-08 05:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#7395, "RE: southbend ofe or fe?"
In response to Reply # 4

saving money for the FE. if i were u half, i'd exchange for FE, not much more $

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Teamdougie2Oct-16-08 06:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#7396, "RE: southbend ofe or fe?"
In response to Reply # 5
Oct-16-08 06:57 PM by dougie2

I have a South Bend OFE in my daily driver... 25+ PSI with a GT3076R. They said it would take 450 ft. lbs of torque daily and at the track. I was skeptical but it feels like stock (really) and holds every bit of the power. Hasn't slipped one time. I also installed an OFE on an EVO and STI within the last couple weeks and my customers are very happy to say the least.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

420agreenvilleSCOct-17-08 09:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#7397, "RE: southbend ofe or fe?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by dougie2
I have a South Bend OFE in my daily driver... 25+ PSI with a GT3076R. They said it would take 450 ft. lbs of torque daily and at the track. I was skeptical but it feels like stock (really) and holds every bit of the power. Hasn't slipped one time. I also installed an OFE on an EVO and STI within the last couple weeks and my customers are very happy to say the least.

how long have you had it installed? how many pulls have you done? I'm concerned about how LONG it lasts. just curious

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

96TurboGSOct-19-08 07:08 AM
Member since Dec 01st 2007
125 posts,
#7398, "RE: southbend ofe or fe?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by dougie2

Wow, That's good to know i wonder what the fe has that the ofe doesnt. Time to investigate.

-Rafiel

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7145 Previous topic | Next topic