Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #762
View in linear mode

Subject: "valve bodys" Previous topic | Next topic
shybuckApr-28-03 06:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#762, "valve bodys"

ok well I am stock piling old valve bodies out of junk trannies that throw diff pins and such. Sense I work at a chrysler/dodge daelership I get them alot. I am just wondering to make sure all valve bodies out of 604 are the same. It dont matter if it came out a neon or caravan, right. I am hoping to rebuild them all with shift kits installed and sell them as a unit so U can just swap out your stock for this one and u dont have to do and real work, well besides remove and reinstall. I can sell them pretty cheap sense I get valve bodies for nothing. All the cost is basically shift kit and minor labor charge. I might even throw in fluid. Just want to know if they are all the same. They look it but I more want to know about the accumulator piston and such.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: valve bodys, DSMeclipseGS, Apr-29-03 10:05 AM, #1
RE: valve bodys, Dirty, Apr-29-03 02:47 PM, #2
      RE: valve bodys, shybuck, Apr-29-03 03:19 PM, #3
           RE: valve bodys, Joe B Slow, Apr-29-03 04:00 PM, #4
                RE: valve bodys, shybuck, Apr-29-03 05:16 PM, #5
                     RE: valve bodys, shybuck, Apr-30-03 02:34 PM, #6
                          RE: valve bodys, Dirty, Apr-30-03 03:12 PM, #7
                               RE: valve bodys, shybuck, Apr-30-03 03:36 PM, #8
                                    RE: valve bodys, Dirty, May-01-03 12:05 PM, #9
                                         RE: valve bodys, shybuck, May-01-03 03:49 PM, #10
                                              RE: valve bodys, Dark Ringleader, May-06-03 07:01 AM, #11
                                                   DRB3 info RE: valve bodys, thedawg, May-08-03 01:32 PM, #12

DSMeclipseGSApr-29-03 10:05 AM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
932 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#765, "RE: valve bodys"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey man,
I just bought those final drive gears from you and I would be very intersted in this. Let us know immediately when you have them for sale. How much damage will this do to the wallet?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DirtyApr-29-03 02:47 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#768, "RE: valve bodys"
In response to Reply # 1
Apr-29-03 02:49 PM by Dirty

Since you work for satan can't you just talk to the tech demons and ask them?
What you need to do is get some DRB3 tools and sell them to us. At least find out some info on what al they can do, or maybe rip one off and let someone figure out some good shit about it.

Just a thought.......

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

shybuckApr-29-03 03:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
#769, "RE: valve bodys"
In response to Reply # 2

ok dirty just to let u know the techs told me they "should be the same". They look I dentical to me just wanted to be 100% sure before getting started. What drb3 tools do u want, got a part #. I can try and get them for ya. I am hoping to do this to all parts of the tranny. Convertors too. Also hope to do the mcgyver list to some trannies and sell them already all hooked up. The techs dont think u can do much to these trannies do to the fact they replace 2 a week. They recomend buying a 5 speed. They do recomend using mopar atf only though, yeah every1 knows that.

Joe B SlowApr-29-03 04:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#770, "RE: valve bodys"
In response to Reply # 3
Apr-29-03 04:01 PM by Joe B Slow

I've read that the valve bodies are different...

gimme a second and ill get you the link. Basically different settings to different valve bodies, upgraded and whatever. I believe there are 4 styles.

Joseph

http://robskorner.freehomepage.com/faqs/Trans/a604valvebody.html

theres the link for A604 valve body variations.

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

shybuckApr-29-03 05:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
#771, "RE: valve bodys"
In response to Reply # 4

thanx that is the anwser I needed.

shybuckApr-30-03 02:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
#777, "RE: valve bodys"
In response to Reply # 5

the drb3 tool we have at work costs like 3k. Just to let u know. U can buy one though. Hey does any 1 no that a 3.0l tranny is the same as ours, except for the housing. All internals are the same.

DirtyApr-30-03 03:12 PM
1405 posts,
#780, "RE: valve bodys"
In response to Reply # 6

Thats why I said "rip one off" and sell it to us for cheap!

"Natty Ride"

shybuckApr-30-03 03:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
#783, "RE: valve bodys"
In response to Reply # 7

oh ok sorry. I thought u wanted to buy 1. well they do just leave it sitting around on old oil tanks and such so It wouldn't be hard but then we only have 1. I asked to borrow it once, bad idea I geuss cause they said now way in hell it would ever leave the shop.

DirtyMay-01-03 12:05 PM
1405 posts,
#797, "RE: valve bodys"
In response to Reply # 8

I'm just kidding anyway man. Don't go fucking yourself up for something like that. Although, if you ever quit...............................

"Natty Ride"

shybuckMay-01-03 03:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
#803, "RE: valve bodys"
In response to Reply # 9

u will get first dibs dirty

Dark RingleaderMay-06-03 07:01 AM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
869 posts,
#815, "RE: valve bodys"
In response to Reply # 10

can we get any estimated prices on these because this sounds like it will be a lot easier than doing everything myself and knowing my reputation for breaking/screwing things up when working on my car it would help if most of the hard work was already done by someone else.

FOR SALE PM Me for info:
Red '95 GS ATX with mods

New Ride:
94 Acura Integra GS-R 5-Speed
Comptech Intake
Tein S-Tech
On the way:
Integra Type R Transmission with LSD
GReddy Turbo Kit (by end of summer hopefully)

chris2wire: you've been uber'd

thedawgMay-08-03 01:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#818, "DRB3 info RE: valve bodys"
In response to Reply # 11
May-08-03 01:34 PM by thedawg

HAHAH well if anyone wants a DRB3, it's easy to get one.
http://www.spxmiller.com/
http://miller.spx.com/data/DC02-07A.pdf
http://www.nastf.org/docs/DCXDRBIII.pdf

You just need $4,230 (dealer cost) or $6,053.75 (retail) ... plus the $2,000 software subscription and updates package if you don't have THOSE lying around.

And if you wanna know what it does...
http://www.epa.gov/otaq/regs/im/obd/r00017.pdf
http://etools.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=1972

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #762 Previous topic | Next topic