Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #718
View in linear mode

Subject: "mounting Remote Filter" Previous topic | Next topic
amljbsApr-22-03 04:12 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#718, "mounting Remote Filter"
Apr-22-03 04:23 PM by amljbs

Went to mount and install this today and I cant find a good place to put it anywhere. I know dirty said to mount it to the battery tray but the damn bitch is pretty big with the filter on it. I want it to be somewhere accessible. If anyone has any ideas or even better pics of how they mounted it I would really appreciate it.

Also which line coming off the tranny is the output? Left or Right oil line.

1998 Eclipse GST

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: mounting Remote Filter, Joe B Slow, Apr-22-03 05:03 PM, #1
RE: mounting Remote Filter, amljbs, Apr-22-03 05:41 PM, #2
      RE: mounting Remote Filter, Joe B Slow, Apr-22-03 06:20 PM, #3
           RE: mounting Remote Filter, amljbs, Apr-23-03 07:51 AM, #4
                RE: mounting Remote Filter, Dirty, Apr-23-03 11:45 AM, #5
                     RE: mounting Remote Filter, amljbs, Apr-23-03 01:51 PM, #6
                          RE: mounting Remote Filter, Dirty, Apr-23-03 03:28 PM, #7
                               RE: mounting Remote Filter, Joe B Slow, Apr-23-03 03:52 PM, #8
                                    RE: mounting Remote Filter, amljbs, Apr-23-03 05:49 PM, #9
                                         RE: mounting Remote Filter, Joe B Slow, Apr-23-03 05:51 PM, #10
                                              RE: mounting Remote Filter, amljbs, Apr-23-03 06:07 PM, #11
                                                   RE: mounting Remote Filter, Dirty, Apr-24-03 02:41 PM, #12
                                                        RE: mounting Remote Filter, amljbs, Apr-24-03 03:21 PM, #13
                                                             RE: mounting Remote Filter, Joe B Slow, Apr-24-03 08:09 PM, #14

Joe B SlowApr-22-03 05:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#719, "RE: mounting Remote Filter"
In response to Reply # 0

Do it like Dirty did it, just somewhere else. Use his concept of extra cooling capabilities. I think it'd be ideal up front in the big scoop. But thats something stupid or crazy i'd do.

I think the best thing to do is put it somewhere where it can be cooled rather than heat up. And of course put it before the coolers, right?

joe

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

amljbsApr-22-03 05:41 PM
587 posts,
#720, "RE: mounting Remote Filter"
In response to Reply # 1
Apr-22-03 05:44 PM by amljbs

Im thinking about just mounting it where the stock air box mounted. it should get some air flow from the scoop at that location. Ill put it on tomorrow. Only thing about that is that if I switch to a cold air intake Ill have to move it around a little. I still need to know for sure of which line is the output line on the tranny?

1998 Eclipse GST

Joe B SlowApr-22-03 06:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#721, "RE: mounting Remote Filter"
In response to Reply # 2

worst case if no one tells ya you can just put two tubes up to the "in" and "out" see what happens hehe. jk dont do that.

Just wait to see if someone knows, because im not sure. My first thought you be that the right (if looking straight on from front of the car) is the out and left is the in becaue of how the cooler sits up front like that.

joe

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

amljbsApr-23-03 07:51 AM
587 posts,
#723, "RE: mounting Remote Filter"
In response to Reply # 3

The more I look at it the more that Im sure that the right line is the supply line. The instructions with the filter say to run it and see which line is hotter to determine it. Im pretty sure thats it and I found a diagram that came up when dirty was doing all this and it looks like its saying the right line is the supply line.

1998 Eclipse GST

DirtyApr-23-03 11:45 AM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#733, "RE: mounting Remote Filter"
In response to Reply # 4
Apr-23-03 11:47 AM by Dirty

If I were you I'd mount it where the airbox was. I have a bigass catchcan there so I couldn't do it. I took out my washer fluid bottle but there wasn't enough room there either. Thats why I put it on the battery tray.

When looking at the engine from the front, the left line is the supply line and the right one is the in line. I know this because I did what Joe was joking about.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

amljbsApr-23-03 01:51 PM
587 posts,
#735, "RE: mounting Remote Filter"
In response to Reply # 5

Well as always you guys have answered all my questions. Joe, Dirty, Thanks guys for everything. I feel comfortable doing just about anything on the car because I know if and when I fuck something up you guys will be here to help fixit and give me ideas to fuck something else up . I was getting pissed last night trying to mount this damn thing all over the place untill I finally gave up and decided I would just do it the easy way and mount it where the stock airbox sat. Thanks again guys

1998 Eclipse GST

DirtyApr-23-03 03:28 PM
1405 posts,
#736, "RE: mounting Remote Filter"
In response to Reply # 6

:thumbsup

"Natty Ride"

Joe B SlowApr-23-03 03:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#737, "RE: mounting Remote Filter"
In response to Reply # 7

No worries man. Glad to help another A604 blow up anytime Hahaha jk man, you'll be ok!

Joseph

PS - I vote Dirty for A604 Prez, but I call Public Relations!

Joseph

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

amljbsApr-23-03 05:49 PM
587 posts,
#739, "RE: mounting Remote Filter"
In response to Reply # 8

Well complete success. Went out there and 15 minutes later the filter was mounted installed and working perfect.

1998 Eclipse GST

Joe B SlowApr-23-03 05:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#740, "RE: mounting Remote Filter"
In response to Reply # 9

Has to be a record or something. 15 minutes to do anything on a DSM is impressive haha

cool man

joseph

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

amljbsApr-23-03 06:07 PM
587 posts,
#741, "RE: mounting Remote Filter"
In response to Reply # 10
Apr-23-03 06:09 PM by amljbs

Install was a breeze it was just finding a place to mount the massive bitch that got me so pissed off. Although I half expected to have tranny fluid spray every where . Well next thing Im going to put in is the tranny cooler which Ill order tomorrow Ill prolly have even more fun trying to mount the bitch . Im having to order everything for my tranny one piece at a time so the wife doesnt bitch me out. Apparently if I make alot of little transactions thats ok just not any big ones . So Im sure Ill be asking more questions next week .

1998 Eclipse GST

DirtyApr-24-03 02:41 PM
1405 posts,
#745, "RE: mounting Remote Filter"
In response to Reply # 11

Did you add the right amount of fluid back into the tranny. My filter holds about 1 quart alone.

"Natty Ride"

amljbsApr-24-03 03:21 PM
587 posts,
#746, "RE: mounting Remote Filter"
In response to Reply # 12

Yeah I remebered that this morning on my way to work when I pushed the gas and the car just sat there reving till it kicked into the next gear . I went back home and got it up to the proper level and it drives great now. Actually it feels smoother than before I had it. Or maybe Im just nuts . But yeah that big ass filter can hold some damn fluid.

1998 Eclipse GST

Joe B SlowApr-24-03 08:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#749, "RE: mounting Remote Filter"
In response to Reply # 13

"Yeah I remebered that this morning on my way to work when I pushed the gas and the car just sat there reving till it kicked into the next gear"

DOH! hehe What'd I tell ya'll about that!!

Joseph

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #718 Previous topic | Next topic