Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #643
View in linear mode

Subject: "od switch rewire" Previous topic | Next topic
97_420aApr-14-03 09:39 AM
Member since Jul 17th 2002
119 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#643, "od switch rewire"

i just put the auto dynamic "type r" shift knob on. it looks really good btw. i cut the wires off the stock switch. im seeing a red, black, and yellow wires coming off the stock swtich. im not really sure about how to go about wiring up a new switch. but i want it to work like the stock one(od on - light off/od off - light on). can anyone explain to me how to do this? w/o a switch hooked up the light is off, but so is od. tia.

Dan
97 Base Dodge Avenger
aem cai, jeep tb, 17" gsx rims, tq mod, eclipse center console, shift knob, autometer phantom trans temp & a/f gauge

boosted by summer

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: od switch rewire, ghostshellx, Apr-14-03 09:59 AM, #1
RE: od switch rewire, mcgyvr, Apr-14-03 10:31 AM, #2
      RE: od switch rewire, Dirty, Apr-14-03 11:27 AM, #3
           RE: od switch rewire, KLIPZED, Apr-14-03 02:36 PM, #4
                RE: od switch rewire--shifter problem, ghostshellx, Apr-15-03 01:18 AM, #5
                     RE: od switch rewire--shifter problem, Dirty, Apr-15-03 11:49 AM, #6
                          RE: od switch rewire--shifter problem, ghostshellx, Apr-16-03 01:26 AM, #7
                               RE: od switch rewire--shifter problem, 97_420a, Apr-16-03 08:25 AM, #8
                                    RE: od switch rewire--shifter problem, ghostshellx, Apr-16-03 11:00 AM, #9
                                         RE: od switch rewire--shifter problem, Dirty, Apr-16-03 11:46 AM, #10
                                              RE: od switch rewire--shifter problem, ghostshellx, Apr-16-03 05:22 PM, #11
                                                   RE: od switch rewire--shifter problem, Dirty, Apr-17-03 11:53 AM, #12
                                                        RE: od switch rewire--shifter problem, ghostshellx, Apr-17-03 01:22 PM, #13

ghostshellxApr-14-03 09:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
576 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#644, "RE: od switch rewire"
In response to Reply # 0

i just got my shift knob too, but i can't seem to get the top part to stay on the bottom part (how they thread together) and i have the same ??? how do you make the od switch work like stock when you replace it??

The 2GNT is Gone... and the curse too!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mcgyvrApr-14-03 10:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#645, "RE: od switch rewire"
In response to Reply # 1

I might not be correct but I thought you just put the red on one side of the switch and the yellow and black on the other side of a single pole switch, any type will work, rocker,toggle etc..

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

DirtyApr-14-03 11:27 AM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#646, "RE: od switch rewire"
In response to Reply # 2
Apr-14-03 11:28 AM by Dirty

^^^^Correct^^^^

I didn't likr the light on the dash so I hooked up a warning light just above the toggle. The only difference is that when the OD is on so is my light. If you remember which post I put the pic on you will see what I'm talking about.

Oh yaeh! I want to see pics of your install. Post them!

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

KLIPZEDApr-14-03 02:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
238 posts,
#648, "RE: od switch rewire"
In response to Reply # 3
Apr-14-03 02:41 PM by KLIPZED

i said to hell with the rewire and kept the stock button and mounted next to the boot.

P.S. my comp took a dump sat. so i am stuck with my work comp and no way to get any pics up...sorry. but it looks like everyone isnt haveing too many probs with it.

Walker
95 Minden Silver Klipz GS A/T
One day my car will be in one piece
AEM CAI, Pacesetter Exhaust, Ported TB, Pro-Kit w/ Tociko Blues, 17" Excel TZ-7s(Gunmetal),SilverNT's rear carpet kit(lovin it), Interfire 1200w amp pushin 2 kicker comp 12's

ghostshellxApr-15-03 01:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
576 posts,
#650, "RE: od switch rewire--shifter problem"
In response to Reply # 4

my shifter is just like dirty's and it won't screw together, any suggestions on how to get it to work is appreciated

DirtyApr-15-03 11:49 AM
1405 posts,
#656, "RE: od switch rewire--shifter problem"
In response to Reply # 5

Are the 2 pieces not touching? What is happening when you try to screw them together?

"Natty Ride"

ghostshellxApr-16-03 01:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
576 posts,
#664, "RE: od switch rewire--shifter problem"
In response to Reply # 6

they are touching but loosely, but not threading. i think i'm going to try teflon tape or maybe some silicone to get them to hold

97_420aApr-16-03 08:25 AM
Member since Jul 17th 2002
119 posts,
#668, "RE: od switch rewire--shifter problem"
In response to Reply # 7

ghost, are you using the screws they supplied? i know mine wouldnt fit together with the screws in. our shifter has a larger diameter than what the knob was intended for so i dont think we need them. mine stays tight w/o them. and it was causing for me not being able to screw the top piece on. sounds stupid, but it took me awhile to figure that out.

Dan
97 Base Dodge Avenger
aem cai, jeep tb, 17" gsx rims, tq mod, eclipse center console, shift knob, autometer phantom trans temp & a/f gauge

boosted by summer

ghostshellxApr-16-03 11:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
576 posts,
#670, "RE: od switch rewire--shifter problem"
In response to Reply # 8

no the screws are not in it i took it out of the package to see how it works and what do you know it doesn't go together

DirtyApr-16-03 11:46 AM
1405 posts,
#673, "RE: od switch rewire--shifter problem"
In response to Reply # 9

Ain't that a bitch! Did you get the one from Autodynamic? Better luck with the new one.

"Natty Ride"

ghostshellxApr-16-03 05:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
576 posts,
#680, "RE: od switch rewire--shifter problem"
In response to Reply # 10

yeah, its from autodynamic, and they won't take it back, so i'm gonna have to make it work

DirtyApr-17-03 11:53 AM
1405 posts,
#693, "RE: od switch rewire--shifter problem"
In response to Reply # 11

Why those motherbitches! Did you order with a card? If so call your card company and tell them you got fucked and your not gonna pay. What the hell is up with some businesses lately?

(Sorry for the rant, but I'm in the middle of bleeding out the ass right now too cause of shitty business practice).

I was gonna order from them again too, but I don't do business with people again when the show me their brown eye. In this case they showed you but thats good enough for me.

"Natty Ride"

ghostshellxApr-17-03 01:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
576 posts,
#695, "RE: od switch rewire--shifter problem"
In response to Reply # 12

hell thats not the point, i emailed them seeing what they wanted me to do and they pretty much told me it was my own problem fix it myself. they are lucky i like tring to make stuff work, it should be install soon if it ever quits raining

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #643 Previous topic | Next topic