Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #616
View in linear mode

Subject: "Questions about tranny supplies." Previous topic | Next topic
amljbsApr-12-03 06:04 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#616, "Questions about tranny supplies."

First question is what kind of tranny filter do you guys prefer and where did you get it. Second question is does the tranny cooler come with the needed supplies to install it or will I need to buy some.

1998 Eclipse GST

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Questions about tranny supplies., Joe B Slow, Apr-12-03 09:07 AM, #1
RE: Questions about tranny supplies., amljbs, Apr-12-03 09:16 AM, #2
      RE: Questions about tranny supplies., Joe B Slow, Apr-12-03 10:46 AM, #3
           RE: Questions about tranny supplies., amljbs, Apr-12-03 12:10 PM, #4
                RE: Questions about tranny supplies., Joe B Slow, Apr-12-03 12:14 PM, #5
                     RE: Questions about tranny supplies., Dirty, Apr-12-03 01:08 PM, #6
                          RE: Questions about tranny supplies., amljbs, Apr-12-03 07:55 PM, #7
                               RE: Questions about tranny supplies., Joe B Slow, Apr-13-03 04:13 AM, #8
                                    RE: Questions about tranny supplies., amljbs, Apr-13-03 08:44 AM, #9

Joe B SlowApr-12-03 09:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#617, "RE: Questions about tranny supplies."
In response to Reply # 0

"Second question is does the tranny cooler come with the needed supplies to install it or will I need to buy some."

That was answered in one of Dirtys posts I belive. He had pictures of it too.

I'm pretty sure some kits come with mounting hardware. The Summit dual cooler for oil and tranny fluid comes with one. The only real way to tell is if it says it int he description of hte product or to call em.

Summit has really good deals on cooler kits as well as www.bulkpart.com.

Joseph

PS - Dirty had pics of almost everything in his post, cant remember the name of the post exactly. Its in here tho.

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

amljbsApr-12-03 09:16 AM
587 posts,
#618, "RE: Questions about tranny supplies."
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah Ive seen the pics I guess my real question as far as the summit cooler goes is what will I need to buy as far as hoses.

1998 Eclipse GST

Joe B SlowApr-12-03 10:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#619, "RE: Questions about tranny supplies."
In response to Reply # 2

If you buy a Summit brand cooler generally they come with everything you need. Luckily with our trannys the cooling lines are RIGHT up front, the in and out. So lenght of hose all depends on where you mount it. They do send you hose but I believe its a discriminate amount that you may want to expound on. Hondazone would have what you need, unless you wanted braided steel or something fancy like that!

Joseph

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

amljbsApr-12-03 12:10 PM
587 posts,
#620, "RE: Questions about tranny supplies."
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah I had noticed that the lines were really easy to get to and setup would be pretty straight forward. I do want to put the remote filter in place as well I think I know what I need now just one last question should I run the lines through the radiator then through the cooler or should I just bypass the radiator lines all together once I put the cooler in. Becuase I guess you could just disconnect one of the stock lines run that from the tranny to the cooler and then back to the existing radiator connection point.

1998 Eclipse GST

Joe B SlowApr-12-03 12:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#621, "RE: Questions about tranny supplies."
In response to Reply # 4

You're suppoesd to run through the stock cooler and the auxillary cooler.

Id put your filter somewhere where air will hit it as an added cooling effect. Toyota does this with their oil filters, puts em up top to help cool the oil.

Joseph

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

DirtyApr-12-03 01:08 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#622, "RE: Questions about tranny supplies."
In response to Reply # 5

I've got the remote filter mounted on my battery tray. If you use a remote filter, my suggestion is to have it before anything else so it filters the shit out before it runs into something else.

Example: tranny-->remote filter-->radiator (OE cooler)-->tranny cooler (aftermarket)-->back to tranny.
That is how mine is done anyway. As for the OE replacement filter, it doesn't matter. Their all shit as far as a filter is concerned. You pick.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

amljbsApr-12-03 07:55 PM
587 posts,
#625, "RE: Questions about tranny supplies."
In response to Reply # 6

Thanks guys you all provided me with exactly what I needed to know . Im getting close to the 60k mile mark and I figured while Im going to have the whole thing apart I might as well do the shift kit, tranny cooler, and remote filter, magnets, drain plug all in one shot. You guys have been awesome and I know Ill prolly be looking for help once I get started and I know you guys will be able to answer my questions . Hopefully once I get done with everything my car will have some nice acceleration. I will be redoing timing belt , water pump , tensioner, idler pulley, as well as installing UDP all that with the shift kit and my existing mods should be nice. Once again Thanks. I wouldnt be able to do half this shit without you guys.

1998 Eclipse GST

Joe B SlowApr-13-03 04:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#626, "RE: Questions about tranny supplies."
In response to Reply # 7

Make sure you have enough fluid in that transmission once you get it all taken apart. And that you check it right!!! I know of some people on here who have done mods to their cars (ie final drive mod) and thought that they had the right amount of fluid. DOH They didnt and shit started to rub and break.

I'm sure you know how to properly check fluid level but if not dont be afraid to ask. IMO the level of fluid inside your transmission is THE most important step in anything you do to a transmission. That goes for any fluid level.

Good Luc

Joseph

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

amljbsApr-13-03 08:44 AM
587 posts,
#627, "RE: Questions about tranny supplies."
In response to Reply # 8
Apr-13-03 08:45 AM by amljbs

Yeah I know how to check the fluid properly but I think thats something alot of people do wrong. I even listed how to do it in the walkthrough for the Final drive mod just so people wouldnt just stick the dipstick in and say yep its full. Once again thanks for all the answers

1998 Eclipse GST

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #616 Previous topic | Next topic