Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #499
View in linear mode

Subject: "Pulling a wire to make your tranny shift harder?!" Previous topic | Next topic
1998EclipseRSMar-31-03 06:42 PM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
3245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#499, "Pulling a wire to make your tranny shift harder?!"

My bro has a bad ass 91' AUTO 240 SX Coupe and when you pop the hood there on the right wheel well there is a harness, when the harness is unplugged the car will shift into all gears much harder. I'll vouch for this, I drove it and the ass slid right out from under me. It seems MOST auto trannies use the same basic principal. Is there a wire that we could cut to make the tranny do this? I may be way off, but it worth asking if someone knows.

Here is a pic of my brothers car for shits and grins.

1998 Eclipse RS... Rest in Pieces. I'll never forget you.
www.EyesOfTheBetrayer.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorCorbinApr-01-03 06:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#500, "RE: Pulling a wire to make your tranny shift harder?!"
In response to Reply # 0

Harder shifts aren't necessarily better. If you just pull a wire and it shifts harder, it will probably wear the tranny out faster. I cannot suggest any tranny wires to pull on our cars. If you want "better" shifts, get a proper shift kit. You will find a load of info on them if you search for "shift kit".

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #499 Previous topic | Next topic