Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4715
View in linear mode

Subject: "atx to mt " Previous topic | Next topic
STEP8605Sep-01-11 08:37 PM
Member since Aug 12th 2011
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4715, "atx to mt "

So I know that this swap is not a easy task but my question is how difficult is this swap if I have no power tools .

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

freelancefoolSep-01-11 08:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4716, "RE: atx to mt "
In response to Reply # 0

Pretty hard. You need a drill at the bare minimum to punch through the firewall. Otherwise, hand tools are sufficient.

My Blog

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420agreenvilleSCSep-01-11 09:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1525 posts,
#4717, "RE: atx to mt "
In response to Reply # 1

yup, to install the master cylinder, you'll need a whole saw or dremel - both requiring power. you could try scissors and 5 yrs though..

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

STEP8605Sep-01-11 11:15 PM
Member since Aug 12th 2011
3 posts,
#4718, "RE: atx to mt "
In response to Reply # 2

Lol thanks guys i for the fast response . I have a drill and a dremel. I just dont have air tools.

BoostedEclipseSep-02-11 08:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
283 posts,
#4719, "RE: atx to mt "
In response to Reply # 3

You may have read this already but their are 2 write ups about the
swap. Look at mods & tech info at the top of the page.

- 98 Eclipse rs turbo

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4715 Previous topic | Next topic