Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #467
View in linear mode

Subject: "Can you spin or chirp you tires?" Previous topic | Next topic
python6586Mar-27-03 01:44 PM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#467, "Can you spin or chirp you tires?"

I have been hearing from alot of guys that they cant spin or chirp there tires at all. I can spin my tires like crazy when its wet and when it dry clean surface i can 90% of the time get a good chirp if not squeel just by hitting the gas. If i power brake and floor it i can always get a long squeel and some smoke somtimes. So the question is can you other guys chirp them?

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DSMeclipseGSMar-27-03 01:50 PM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
932 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#468, "RE: Can you spin or chirp you tires?"
In response to Reply # 0

I know it isn't some new discovery or anything, but....

It really depends on your tires and their tread. When I had the stock ones it wasn't too hard to get a squeal but with my new 18" Pirellis it's impossible in dry roads. Their very nice, sticky tires.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

soulcontrollerMar-27-03 02:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#469, "RE: Can you spin or chirp you tires?"
In response to Reply # 1

yea, its near impossible with 17-18" tires and a ton of stereo on the trunk. unless i drop off the gas at 6200 rpms then floor it again. that just doesnt feel right though.

DirtyMar-27-03 03:24 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#475, "RE: Can you spin or chirp you tires?"
In response to Reply # 2

I have some Kumho Z-rated tires with the 280 treadwear whatever so mine are pretty sticky. I also have the stock 16" Oz wheels for the '99GS. I haven't broken them loose on dry pavement except on launches, but last night it was raining and my wife was driving and we were rolling about 25mph and I told her to stomp it and when she did the fuckers just started spinning and spinning. After a couple seconds I got scared and was gonna tell her to let off but it got to redline and shifted and then caught traction again. It pissed me off cause I wanted to do it. But I like her to have fun too with it cause she doesn't bitch about me working on the car all the time.

Damn, I still gotta get her an Avenger.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

amljbsMar-27-03 05:24 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#480, "RE: Can you spin or chirp you tires?"
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah after doing the Final Drive Mod traction in the rain at WOT is a thing of the past. If I push that pedal to the floor those wheels are spinning like hell. I was messing around the other night when was raining and punched it from 20mph really scary when your sliding at 20 and the wheels are just spinning like crazy. Only time they break loose on dry pavement is on launches and when I shift into second if I punch it right before I shift. I remember when I could punch it when ever and maintain traction...not any more .

1998 Eclipse GST

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #467 Previous topic | Next topic