Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #466
View in linear mode

Subject: "final gears and shift kit" Previous topic | Next topic
GregstoofastMar-27-03 01:40 PM
Member since Jan 17th 2003
243 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#466, "final gears and shift kit"

wasup guys... i ordered my final gears and shift kit today...i'll let ya know how it goes

and from the past when i changed the gears in my mustang it messed up the speedo...what will it take to fix this???can i just reset the ecu???

<--Eclipse Racer-->

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

amljbsMar-27-03 02:08 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#470, "RE: final gears and shift kit"
In response to Reply # 0

I personally wouldnt worry about it. The speedo wont be off my much at all.

1998 Eclipse GST

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DirtyMar-27-03 03:47 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#479, "RE: final gears and shift kit"
In response to Reply # 1

I think at 55mph, it's reading 5mph high. So if you drive fast, it's kind of a safety measure. I have heard that there is some sort of computer tool that SATAN has that can correct it, but I don't know how true this info is. When I called him he said to fuck off, so I gladly did. He would probably charge me like 300 bones to do it anyway, that greedy cockbag! If anyone knows the name of the thing I'm talking about post it.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

mcgyvrMar-28-03 05:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#490, "RE: final gears and shift kit"
In response to Reply # 2

the dealer can use the DRB3 tool to set the pinion angle to 225*50*15 and you should be pretty close. I was told 25 bucks to do it, but I kind of am in with the service staff. Most will charge the standard 75 bucks, I dont really care most speedos are off anyways and I kind of like it, it keeps me from speeding.

and yes at 60 MPH i was over by exactly 5 mph (verified by GPS)
at 40 mph it was like 3 mph over

so at 60 mph my speedo says 65 mph.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #466 Previous topic | Next topic