Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4607
View in linear mode

Subject: "Transmission Problems on 99 Eclipse GS" Previous topic | Next topic
kriotOct-01-09 11:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
94 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4607, "Transmission Problems on 99 Eclipse GS"

After letting the car sit in the driveway for a few months I took it in to the AAMCO down the street here in San Diego.

The car is currently in limp mode, the speedo wont work.

I replaced both the input and output speed sensors and that didnt resolve the issue.

The guys at the shop said they found two error codes:
1. TCU malfunction
2. First gear out of ratio

They're going to try to replace the transmission solenoid for the low price of 395 and if that doesnt fix the issue then its 495 to go into the transmission.

I'm wondering if these things and prices seem reasonable?

They said they removed the pan and didnt see any metal so I'm hoping its something electrical/computer related. Anyways. Any advice and thoughts are appreciated.

KC

mods:
gst exhaust, iceman intake, af/x udp, accell wires, ngk bkre511
soon: af/x tb

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonOct-03-09 11:59 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4608, "RE: Transmission Problems on 99 Eclipse GS"
In response to Reply # 0

do you know the exact codes? The PXXX numbers is what I am looking for.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Keith2172Oct-06-09 09:41 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#4609, "RE: Transmission Problems on 99 Eclipse GS"
In response to Reply # 1

TCU malfunction and they want to replace the solenoid? Have they checked the TCU and it's harness? And how does a first gear get out of ratio/ there's a code for that? Not sure if this all makes sense. Like Terry said, codes.

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

kriotOct-21-09 10:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
94 posts,
#4611, "RE: Transmission Problems on 99 Eclipse GS"
In response to Reply # 2

Ya know, i got the codes when this first happened and didnt write them down.

Anyways, they replaced the TCU and the car is fixed. I'm happy the car is fixed, but I really regret not writing down the codes.

Regarding the TCU harness, are there any issues associated with the harness?

KC

mods:
gst exhaust, iceman intake, af/x udp, accell wires, ngk bkre511
soon: af/x tb

dalesmitsuOct-23-09 05:26 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#4612, "RE: Transmission Problems on 99 Eclipse GS"
In response to Reply # 3

How much did this set you back.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4607 Previous topic | Next topic