Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4573
View in linear mode

Subject: "a413 ATX Swap?" Previous topic | Next topic
GigabyteJun-01-09 11:30 PM
Member since Mar 12th 2008
29 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4573, "a413 ATX Swap?"

I was talking to a Neon guru just tonight about beefing up my a604 since it needs to be rebuilt. And he was wondering if it was possible to swap in the a413 transaxle? I guess it is an from the 2.0 Dodge Neon? Anyways we wonder this because he has one sitting in his garage that is built to handle 1000hp. He tells me if we can get it to fit without a lot of trouble that he would sell it to me dirt cheap because he does not need it anymore.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorCorbinJun-11-09 07:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4574, "RE: a413 ATX Swap?"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm sure there is a way, but it won't be a drop in affair. The first thing I think of is axles. The inboard joint on the passenger axle is different between the A413 and A604. The outboard joints on both the driver and passenger axles are different between the Neon and Eclipse/Talon. If you figure that out, it will be like an AT/MT swap. The A413 is pretty crude and only a 3 speed. You might also consider swapping in a manual trans. At least that uses the same axles.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4573 Previous topic | Next topic