Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4562
View in linear mode

Subject: "Auto trans issues" Previous topic | Next topic
fla99gsApr-15-09 04:33 PM
Member since Apr 15th 2009
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4562, "Auto trans issues"

so i just finished rebuilding my 99 gs and it wont shift into first. in the process of taking the motor out i broke the bolt the holds the main wireing harness to the trans and now it wont shift. is that the problem? Help please!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

420agreenvilleSCApr-15-09 05:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4563, "RE: Auto trans issues"
In response to Reply # 0

If it won't shift, it's not an external problem. It won't go into first you say, does that mean it goes into the others just fine?

If it does, but just not into first, you have internal problems most likely.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

fla99gsApr-15-09 08:03 PM
Member since Apr 15th 2009
2 posts,
#4564, "RE: Auto trans issues"
In response to Reply # 1

I JUST SPOKE TO A TRANSMISSION GUY AND HE SAID ITS THE SHIFT PACK OR SOMETHING... IT TELLS THE CAR TO CHANGE GEARS. AND IT ONLY GOES IN SECOND

420agreenvilleSCApr-15-09 08:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#4565, "RE: Auto trans issues"
In response to Reply # 2

WELL THERE YOU GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Jake2gntMay-13-09 12:37 AM
Member since May 13th 2009
3 posts,
#4566, "RE: Auto trans issues"
In response to Reply # 3

yup.. solenoid pack.. buy the one for the caravan w/ the updated gasket. It also eliminates the buzz noise while in reverse

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4562 Previous topic | Next topic