Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4487
View in linear mode

Subject: "my atx Idle Pic" Previous topic | Next topic
dalesmitsuFeb-09-08 01:31 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4487, "my atx Idle Pic"

"
Is this normal, I took this while was idling after I came home from work and got gas. I have the OD on and I drive with OD ON and when I go up a steep hill I push OD OFF. This shows my RPM at 900-800 rpm.

Should it be higher sometimes it idles at 1,100-1,200 then it drops to 1,000 to 800 rpm. Thats shown in the pic above.

Wasn't which place to answer thia or post pic at Because it says to keep all car pics here. If this is wrong area sorry please move it to correct area.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: my atx Idle Pic, ramsey95ESi, Feb-09-08 04:14 AM, #1
RE: my atx Idle Pic, dalesmitsu, Feb-12-08 09:18 AM, #2
      RE: my atx Idle Pic, Kirby, Feb-12-08 11:10 AM, #3
           RE: my atx Idle Pic, dalesmitsu, Feb-13-08 03:01 AM, #4
           RE: my atx Idle Pic, Fallen4ng31, Feb-13-08 04:30 AM, #5
           RE: my atx Idle Pic, mcgyvr, Feb-13-08 06:16 AM, #6
                RE: my atx Idle Pic, dalesmitsu, Feb-18-08 09:47 PM, #7
           RE: my atx Idle Pic, 2GeclipseRS, Feb-24-08 12:19 PM, #8

ramsey95ESiFeb-09-08 04:14 AM
Member since Jan 07th 2008
63 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4488, "RE: my atx Idle Pic"
In response to Reply # 0

What are you seeing is wrong? Wouldnt you want it at around 8-9 hundred?
Correct me if im wrong but dont they say that it should be around 750ish
Thats what im thinking and to be honest i dont see anything wrong and about the OD on and off.. got me. 5 spd do the trick!

2gnt (period)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

dalesmitsuFeb-12-08 09:18 AM
986 posts,
#4489, "RE: my atx Idle Pic"
In response to Reply # 1
Feb-12-08 09:20 AM by dalesmitsu

Originally posted by ramsey95ESi
What are you seeing is wrong? Wouldnt you want it at around 8-9 hundred? Correct me if im wrong but dont they say that it should be around 750ish Thats what im thinking and to be honest i dont see anything wrong and about the OD on and off.. got me. 5 spd do the trick! 2gnt (period)

cool thanks I would like to do the 5spd swap, i have list for it but I'm unsure

KirbyFeb-12-08 11:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#4490, "RE: my atx Idle Pic"
In response to Reply # 2
Feb-12-08 11:10 AM by Kirby

Your car is fine dude. They idle at different spots from time to time depending on engine load and what the IAC is doing. Sometimes mine idles between 1500 and 2000 when my IAC sticks...

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

dalesmitsuFeb-13-08 03:01 AM
986 posts,
#4491, "RE: my atx Idle Pic"
In response to Reply # 3
Feb-13-08 03:01 AM by dalesmitsu

Originally posted by Kirby
Your car is fine dude. They idle at different spots from time to time depending on engine load and what the IAC is doing. Sometimes mine idles between 1500 and 2000 when my IAC sticks...

wow, thats excellent.

I'm thinking my alternator is going,i had it tested last summer, guy told its kinda bad. Plus its oe from 97' never been changed. After winter clears I'll start.

I'm not found of my A/C, I'll only use my defrost for winter anyway it puts out alot of heat. Hopefully I can still use it, when removing it. Curious on what to use to plug the ends Same goes for the pwr steering removal.

Thanks for the help,

Fallen4ng31Feb-13-08 04:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#4492, "RE: my atx Idle Pic"
In response to Reply # 4

I think your idle is fine, my ATX idles around 700, sometimes a hair lower; But I do have a compression issue.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

mcgyvrFeb-13-08 06:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#4493, "RE: my atx Idle Pic"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Originally posted by Kirby Your car is fine dude. They idle at different spots from time to time depending on engine load and what the IAC is doing. Sometimes mine idles between 1500 and 2000 when my IAC sticks...
wow, thats excellent. I'm thinking my alternator is going,i had it tested last summer, guy told its kinda bad. Plus its oe from 97' never been changed. After winter clears I'll start. I'm not found of my A/C, I'll only use my defrost for winter anyway it puts out alot of heat. Hopefully I can still use it, when removing it. Curious on what to use to plug the ends Same goes for the pwr steering removal. Thanks for the help,

IMO its stupid to loose creature comforts like AC and powersteering just to gain that little itsy bitsy power. leave it all in and find more power the right way

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

dalesmitsuFeb-18-08 09:47 PM
986 posts,
#4494, "RE: my atx Idle Pic"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by mcgyvr
Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Originally posted by Kirby Your car is fine dude. They idle at different spots from time to time depending on engine load and what the IAC is doing. Sometimes mine idles between 1500 and 2000 when my IAC sticks...
wow, thats excellent. I'm thinking my alternator is going,i had it tested last summer, guy told its kinda bad. Plus its oe from 97' never been changed. After winter clears I'll start. I'm not found of my A/C, I'll only use my defrost for winter anyway it puts out alot of heat. Hopefully I can still use it, when removing it. Curious on what to use to plug the ends Same goes for the pwr steering removal. Thanks for the help,
IMO its stupid to loose creature comforts like AC and powersteering just to gain that little itsy bitsy power. leave it all in and find more power the right way

I fig'd removing my A/c and powersteering would help me save on gas free up abit of power and space under the hood. A friend of mine did both on his 95 and he said it handles alright,I would also be able to use my Defrost since its the Only thing I use to heat my interior.

Where you testing me on this topic or shy me way from doing this. MY car is a daily N/A, but I have plans for trips to the track.

I have owned car that had Manuel steering so this isn't a problem.

2GeclipseRSFeb-24-08 12:19 PM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#4495, "RE: my atx Idle Pic"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Kirby

QFT!

Mine tends to hang after i have the car on jackstands for more than 2-3 days.

After we put in a new axle, motor mount and some other crap, my idle after a start would hang around 1500-2000, then after a drive, it would pop down to 900 again. It stayed there for a while and then did it for a few days after i put my springs and shocks on. I put a new transmission in and it's been hanging all weekend whenever it feels like it at 1500 to 2000. When the car isn't being such a cunt, she'll idle at 1100 and sometimes 900.

DSM ftw.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4487 Previous topic | Next topic