Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4478
View in linear mode

Subject: "Transmission jerks hard when shifting from Park to Neutral or Drive." Previous topic | Next topic
intimidator2003Sep-08-08 11:34 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2007
63 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4478, "Transmission jerks hard when shifting from Park to Neutral or Drive."
Sep-08-08 11:53 AM by intimidator2003

I just finished installing a shift kit and I never had this problem before until after the shift kit install but, sometimes when I shift from park to drive or neutral to drive, the car jerks and I kind of hear the brakes. Sounds like it the brakes have trouble holding the car from rolling.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

shybuckSep-08-08 05:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4479, "RE: Transmission jerks hard when shifting from Park to Neutral or Drive."
In response to Reply # 0

If its rolling your parked on a hill or some other incline. Chryslers are famous for jerking or slamming out of park when the cars are park at an angle. Some fords will do it too. Try setting the e-brake before you put it in park and step off the brakes. It wont stop it all together but it will ease it a bit. This is normal with or without the shift kit.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

thormx353Oct-08-08 03:13 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2008
62 posts,
#4480, "RE: Transmission jerks hard when shifting from Park to Neutral or Drive."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by shybuck
If its rolling your parked on a hill or some other incline. Chryslers are famous for jerking or slamming out of park when the cars are park at an angle. Some fords will do it too. Try setting the e-brake before you put it in park and step off the brakes. It wont stop it all together but it will ease it a bit. This is normal with or without the shift kit.

+2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4478 Previous topic | Next topic