Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4429
View in linear mode

Subject: "Shift By Wire" Previous topic | Next topic
fullmoonJun-06-08 06:16 PM
Member since Nov 03rd 2005
158 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4429, "Shift By Wire"

I found this site and I'm sure my fellow automatic owners will be very happy to finally take over their Automatic's Brain I'm getting mines next week.

This guy is my hero!!! http://www.roadsurge.com/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Shift By Wire, freelancefool, Jun-07-08 10:33 AM, #1
RE: Shift By Wire, fullmoon, Jun-07-08 09:48 PM, #2
      RE: Shift By Wire, shybuck, Jun-08-08 02:16 AM, #3
           RE: Shift By Wire, fullmoon, Jun-08-08 03:26 AM, #4
                RE: Shift By Wire, shybuck, Jun-08-08 05:38 AM, #5
                     RE: Shift By Wire, fullmoon, Jun-08-08 06:02 AM, #6

freelancefoolJun-07-08 10:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4430, "RE: Shift By Wire"
In response to Reply # 0

They have been around for years. I will put money down it will only work with the electronics on the turbo trannies though. The a604 is a trash transmission.

My Blog

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

fullmoonJun-07-08 09:48 PM
158 posts,
#4431, "RE: Shift By Wire"
In response to Reply # 1

I think he said it's for the A604? But now that you mention it I think I'll pass I have heard about the 604 blowing up and shooting a chunk of metal right into the block!

Oh well back to the drawing board

shybuckJun-08-08 02:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
#4432, "RE: Shift By Wire"
In response to Reply # 2

You dont need a magic box to shift by wire. Its built into your tcm already. Its called autostick. You just need some wire and 2 switchs grounded momentarliy. There is a how-to if you search you should find it.

fullmoonJun-08-08 03:26 AM
158 posts,
#4433, "RE: Shift By Wire"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by shybuck
You dont need a magic box to shift by wire. Its built into your tcm already. Its called autostick. You just need some wire and 2 switchs grounded momentarliy. There is a how-to if you search you should find it.

Thanks! I shoulda known you guys had done it.

shybuckJun-08-08 05:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
#4434, "RE: Shift By Wire"
In response to Reply # 4

Its only for 96+ cars however.

fullmoonJun-08-08 06:02 AM
158 posts,
#4435, "RE: Shift By Wire"
In response to Reply # 5

Yea I checked all that info out and one guy blew his up I may take the same route as you did from what I see in your signature if it's worth it.

I got a few questions for ya has your tranny given you any problems before your mods and after your mods?
Also what makes/models/years are you able to keep up with and or out run with your mods?

I think this is the make it or break it point for me I'm not gett'n much sleep (And I drive a truck for a living hence NOT SAFE) since I paid this puppy off and 27 grand is a lot to throw away or just give up on.

Thanks dude I need all the background info I can get on this car.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4429 Previous topic | Next topic