Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4402
View in linear mode

Subject: "How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?" Previous topic | Next topic
stillettoDSMJun-02-08 02:22 PM
Member since Apr 14th 2008
43 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4402, "How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?"

Does anyone have a Write-Up or Explanation of how to Replace the Input and Output Speed Sensors on the Auto Trans?
I'm pretty sure that's the Problem, atleast from everything I've read.
I'd rather try and do it myself than Pay the Shop to do it. Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?, intimidator2003, Jun-02-08 06:36 PM, #1
RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?, stillettoDSM, Jun-03-08 02:20 AM, #2
      RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?, shybuck, Jun-03-08 04:05 AM, #3
           RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?, stillettoDSM, Jun-03-08 04:24 AM, #4
                RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?, intimidator2003, Jun-03-08 09:08 AM, #5
                     RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?, stillettoDSM, Jun-03-08 09:31 AM, #6
                          RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?, intimidator2003, Jun-03-08 09:59 AM, #7
                               RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?, shybuck, Jun-03-08 02:07 PM, #8
                                    RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?, intimidator2003, Jun-03-08 02:43 PM, #9
                                         RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?, stillettoDSM, Jun-03-08 03:19 PM, #10

intimidator2003Jun-02-08 06:36 PM
Member since Apr 14th 2007
63 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4403, "RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?"
In response to Reply # 0

What are the problems you are having?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

stillettoDSMJun-03-08 02:20 AM
43 posts,
#4404, "RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?"
In response to Reply # 1

Stuck in "Limp" Mode, no Speedometer (well it goes in Reverse), some of the HVAC Control Lights went out (but I believe that's a Seperate Problem).

shybuckJun-03-08 04:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
#4405, "RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?"
In response to Reply # 2

there right on the outside of the transmission. you just unplug them from the harness and they unscrew. Big though like 1" or more socket. There not tight though, maybe 20 ft-lbs. If that. They sit above the silnoid pack.

stillettoDSMJun-03-08 04:24 AM
43 posts,
#4406, "RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?"
In response to Reply # 3

Would you happen to know where to Buy the two, besides from the Mitsu. Dealer? I've read some People have got them for like less than $20 a Piece.

intimidator2003Jun-03-08 09:08 AM
63 posts,
#4407, "RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?"
In response to Reply # 4

Did your check engine light come on?

stillettoDSMJun-03-08 09:31 AM
43 posts,
#4409, "RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?"
In response to Reply # 5

It did come on, but I Removed the Battery Over Night and it hasn't been on since, I've only Driven it around the Block a few times though anyways.

intimidator2003Jun-03-08 09:59 AM
63 posts,
#4410, "RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?"
In response to Reply # 6

What I would do is to let the light come on again and scan for the code to make sure that sensor is what you need to change.

shybuckJun-03-08 02:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
#4411, "RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?"
In response to Reply # 7

Tcm doesnt turn on cel. At least in any of the 2g's I have scanned.

intimidator2003Jun-03-08 02:43 PM
63 posts,
#4413, "RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?"
In response to Reply # 8

my cel came on for both input and output sensor.

stillettoDSMJun-03-08 03:19 PM
43 posts,
#4415, "RE: How to Replace Input/Output Speed Sensors?"
In response to Reply # 9

Yeah I've Read both Sides of it.. That it either comes On, or it doesn't at all.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4402 Previous topic | Next topic