Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4397
View in linear mode

Subject: "What's going on?" Previous topic | Next topic
stillettoDSMMay-22-08 03:17 PM
Member since Apr 14th 2008
43 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4397, "What's going on?"
May-22-08 03:19 PM by stillettoDSM

I had my Auto. Trans. Re-Built not even a Year ago and I'm not having Problems.
The CEL's not on, but here is what's happening.
My Car will Drive fine for like a Minute, then I start getting a Jerk between Neutral and Drive, and when in Drive, it won't Shift. Something called "Limp Mode" maybe? Also, the Speedo seems to go in Reverse.
Should I Flush the Transmission? A Friend of mine has a Case of Royal Purple Max ATF Fluid, can I use that?
Can anyone Help? I def. can't Afford another Re-Build right now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

shybuckMay-23-08 05:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4398, "RE: What's going on?"
In response to Reply # 0
May-23-08 05:12 PM by shybuck

What do u mean between N and D?

Do u have OD on/off?

If you have changed the fluid or checked it, DO IT NOW!!!!!!!

Check it like by setting e-brake, and shifting into every gear for a few seconds from P through 1 and then back up to N. Leave it in N and check fluid on level ground and on fully warm engine.

Limp Mode is the default mode your tranny will go into if it detects a problem. Limp Mode is second gear.

Your CEL will not come on if you have a tranny code stored.

CHECK YOUR FLUID!!!

90% Of problems you will have are from fluid level to high or low.

How did you have your tranny built? Using the how-to I hope.

Dont use any fluid other than chrysler atf +3 or +4

+4 is sythetic

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

stillettoDSMJun-01-08 03:59 PM
Member since Apr 14th 2008
43 posts,
#4399, "RE: What's going on?"
In response to Reply # 1

Fluid Level is fine, I Use Royal Purple "Max ATF", it's Never given me any Problems.
By "Between N and D" I mean, when I Shift from Neutral into Drive.
I had the CEL come on a Couple of times, I pulled the Battery and it was gone, I bet it would come back if I were to Drive around for a bit, but since I haven't been Driving, it hasn't come on.
I believe the Problem is either the Input or Output Speed Sensors, I read in one Post that if your Speedo' isn't working then it's most likely your Output. If that's the case, does anyone have a Write-Up on how to Replace the Two?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4397 Previous topic | Next topic