Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4367
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stock tranny cooler location" Previous topic | Next topic
SllewMar-22-08 09:46 AM
Member since Oct 01st 2007
21 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4367, "Stock tranny cooler location"
Mar-22-08 10:09 AM by Sllew

I recently bought a b&m aftermarket tranny cooler to run after my stock tranny cooler. The problem is that i cant find my stock tranny cooler. My car is a 99 eclipse gs. Ive searched all over the internet and the forums here, the only pictures ive found on here were broken links on really old posts. I did see two hoses coming from the tranny, but they look like they go directly into the radiator. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit*Looking back in CAPS it looks like the tranny cooler either is the radiator or integrated into it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

shybuckMar-22-08 11:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4368, "RE: Stock tranny cooler location"
In response to Reply # 0

They do go into the radiator. That is the stock tranny cooler. It cools the fluid to 195 degrees. The aftermarket cooler should be run after the fluid leaves the radiator, but before it returns to the tranny. Your looking for a final inpan fluid temp, after both coolers, to be around 125 degrees I believe. I dont know which line is the return and which is the feed though, have to get someone else for that.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SllewMar-23-08 08:22 AM
Member since Oct 01st 2007
21 posts,
#4369, "RE: Stock tranny cooler location"
In response to Reply # 1

That is what i was thinking it was, but i didn't think the stock cooler would be in the radiator. Installing it in front of the ac condenser was a little harder than i thought but i got it. Ill probably wait till monday to connect the hoses because it is cold today. I was wondering how much if any tranny fluid would be lost when i disconect the hoses.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4367 Previous topic | Next topic