Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4254
View in linear mode

Subject: "tranny weight" Previous topic | Next topic
DSMeclipseGSApr-11-07 12:59 PM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
932 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4254, "tranny weight"

Does anyone know how much our auto tranny weighs? Thanks a lot.

MODS:

HRC 16g turbo kit, Spearco custom FMIC, Custom IC piping, VT rebuilt engine: Custom 8.8:1 compression CP pistons, Eagle connecting rods, Melling oil pump, Clevite bearings, 370cc injectors, Vortech S-FMU, Apexi N-1 catback exhaust, AFX UDP, Autometer boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, EGT gauge, Corbin's digital A/F gauge, Tokico Blue shocks, Tein springs (1.5" drop), 18" Konig Verdicts rims, VIS stock-style Carbon fiber hood

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: tranny weight, Moderatorxcasbonx, Apr-12-07 08:01 AM, #1
RE: tranny weight, DSMeclipseGS, Apr-12-07 12:56 PM, #2
RE: tranny weight, EclipseSix, Apr-13-07 12:25 PM, #3
      RE: tranny weight, ModeratorCorbin, Apr-14-07 01:32 PM, #4
           RE: tranny weight, dalesmitsu, May-18-07 04:58 PM, #5
                RE: tranny weight, ModeratorCorbin, May-22-07 06:04 PM, #6

ModeratorxcasbonxApr-12-07 08:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4255, "RE: tranny weight"
In response to Reply # 0

It's heavy. What do you want to know the weight for?

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DSMeclipseGSApr-12-07 12:56 PM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
932 posts,
#4256, "RE: tranny weight"
In response to Reply # 1

I wanted to buy one and it has to be shipped to me. Any ideas on the best way/carrier to ship a transmission?

MODS:

HRC 16g turbo kit, Spearco custom FMIC, Custom IC piping, VT rebuilt engine: Custom 8.8:1 compression CP pistons, Eagle connecting rods, Melling oil pump, Clevite bearings, 370cc injectors, Vortech S-FMU, Apexi N-1 catback exhaust, AFX UDP, Autometer boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, EGT gauge, Corbin's digital A/F gauge, Tokico Blue shocks, Tein springs (1.5" drop), 18" Konig Verdicts rims, VIS stock-style Carbon fiber hood

EclipseSixApr-13-07 12:25 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
305 posts,
#4257, "RE: tranny weight"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by xcasbonx
It's heavy. What do you want to know the weight for?

When I saw the topic I was going to post the same thing. or "a lot" lol.

I could barely lift the auto trans when I pulled it out of my car, the manual trans was heavy too but I could at least lift it without fear of getting a hernia.

order a manual trans, plus about 200 dollars more in accessories and you'll be good to go.

ModeratorCorbinApr-14-07 01:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#4258, "RE: tranny weight"
In response to Reply # 3

When I shipped mine, I used 150 lbs, class 85, and strapped it to a pallet. That included the torque converter and fluid.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

dalesmitsuMay-18-07 04:58 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#4295, "RE: tranny weight"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Corbin
When I shipped mine, I used 150 lbs, class 85, and strapped it to a pallet. That included the torque converter and fluid. Corbin '95 ESI-T Now with more power and fewer leaks Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

Nice, Talon Corbin. I like your custom scoop on your hood. Do you use a protective insert to block rain/snow. I was gonna buy an CF Invander hood, but too sure if it comes with them. Would I have to make my own or is there store sells them.

Your scoop looks better than ones on a trans/firebird. Would like to do that to my ViS Cf Oem hood.

ModeratorCorbinMay-22-07 06:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#4296, "RE: tranny weight"
In response to Reply # 5
May-22-07 06:05 PM by Corbin

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Nice, Talon Corbin. I like your custom scoop on your hood. Do you use a protective insert to block rain/snow. I was gonna buy an CF Invander hood, but too sure if it comes with them. Would I have to make my own or is there store sells them. Your scoop looks better than ones on a trans/firebird. Would like to do that to my ViS Cf Oem hood.

I'll try not to hijack the thread too badly. The scoop is cut/molded into a stock hood and is angled to shed water. Any water that makes it inside will drain out the bottom of the airbox. I don't think something like that could be added to a CF hood cleanly. It would probably have to be part of the original structure, so the CF weave would not be broken up.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4254 Previous topic | Next topic