Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #415
View in linear mode

Subject: "anyone have a link for the shift kit install? ASOG link (reinhart's) is dead." Previous topic | Next topic
soulcontrollerMar-25-03 10:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#415, "anyone have a link for the shift kit install? ASOG link (reinhart's) is dead."
Mar-25-03 10:59 AM by soulcontroller

the ASOG link has gone dead... if anyone has a different write up or has it saved somewhere, i would appreciate a copy...

thanks for the input...

md

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mcgyvrMar-25-03 11:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#416, "RE: anyone have a link for the shift kit install? ASOG link (reinhart's) is dead."
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-25-03 12:17 PM by mcgyvr

here was WIKKI's tips and some info from Corbin.

o-k,
here's my tips for installing a TransGo shift kit.

there are a few tips that I have to maybe make the job easier.
1. read corbins writeup http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=32410&mesg_id=32410&listing_type=search
2. How big of a drip pan can you get? it's still not big enough! lol that shizmit gets everywhere. get as big as you can.
3. unplug your battery (if you do like I did and have it in low gear, you can't get your key out, and if you want to keep ypour door open, it will buzz at you)lol
4. have the car in 1 gear while doing this (keep the park brake on) this will allow you to remove the body WITHOUT removing the park actuating rod. (as far as I know, I'm the only one who has tried it this way. most unclip the rod completely)
5. be sure to unbolt the control rod from the trans (you can't drop the valve body without)
6. unplug the solenoid before hand (located on top of the trans)
7. when you first lower the valve body, take your time, there are some spring loaded
accumulators that are going to want to go flying (it has a photo of them in your instructions for the kit)
8. install the kit. lol
9. when replacing the valve body, take some wire and tie it to an installed pan bolt towards the rear of the trans. place your accumulators and springs into their sockets. run the wire underneath the accumulators and through the bottom of the springs, and tie the wire to a pan bolt installed towards the front of the trans. this will hold them in place while you get the valve body situated. once it is almost in place, pull the wire out and VOILA! everything stays in place (don't worry, you will understand when it comes time to put the valve body back in)
10. be sore to reattach your valve body kind of like torquing lug nuts. torque the bolts down in a star pattern to make sure that it is torqued evenly.
11. PUT A DRAIN PLUG IN! you don't want to go through that #$%$& ever again!
12. your trans MAY take a little more fluid than it did before to operate properly (I have read this several times on the dsm/at board) put the standard amount in initially, but if you find that it is making an odd sound. BUT! AND I CAN'T STRESS ENOUGH. BE CAUTIOUS! over filling can wreck a transmission fast.

13. most important. keep your arms and legs in, and have fun.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #415 Previous topic | Next topic