Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #411
View in linear mode

Subject: "????????????????????LSDs???????????????" Previous topic | Next topic
GregstoofastMar-25-03 07:01 AM
Member since Jan 17th 2003
243 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#411, "????????????????????LSDs???????????????"

wawsup...i need to know if and who makes a LSD for our cars(auto)and if its worth the money???and how hard is it to install...i'll be doin the final drive mod and shift kit soon...and maybe a LSD if its not to hard to do since i'll sortta be in the tranny already might as well do this to right???

<--Eclipse Racer-->

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: LSDs?, Dirty, Mar-26-03 02:39 PM, #1
RE: LSDs?, WIKKI, Mar-26-03 08:49 PM, #2
      RE: LSDs?, Gregstoofast, Mar-27-03 09:43 AM, #3
           RE: LSDs?, Joe B Slow, Mar-27-03 10:25 AM, #4
                RE: LSDs?, mike_d, Mar-27-03 03:13 PM, #5
                     RE: LSDs?, Dirty, Mar-27-03 03:31 PM, #6
                          RE: LSDs?, amljbs, Mar-27-03 05:29 PM, #7
                               RE: LSDs?, Dirty, Mar-27-03 05:40 PM, #8
                                    RE: LSDs?, Gregstoofast, Mar-27-03 05:47 PM, #9
                                         RE: LSDs?, Dirty, Mar-27-03 06:06 PM, #10
                                              RE: LSDs?, Joe B Slow, Mar-27-03 06:26 PM, #11
                                                   RE: LSDs?, Dirty, Mar-27-03 06:37 PM, #12
                                                        RE: LSDs?, ModeratorCorbin, Apr-01-03 09:03 AM, #13
                                                             RE: LSDs?, Dirty, Apr-01-03 12:53 PM, #14
                                                                  RE: LSDs?, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Apr-02-03 08:02 PM, #15
                                                                       RE: LSDs?, babybeclipse, Apr-03-03 03:24 AM, #16

DirtyMar-26-03 02:39 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#446, "RE: LSDs?"
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-26-03 02:40 PM by Dirty

I'm not sure if anyone here has done that with an ATX. It would be damn nice though. I heard that the same LSD's that fit on the MTX will fit on our ATX, but like I said, I don't know of anyonethat has one.

Maybe you could talk Corbin into trying it. He seems to be the one with enough balls (Guinea Pig Balls ) to try everything first.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WIKKIMar-26-03 08:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#450, "RE: LSDs?"
In response to Reply # 1

Phantom Grip lists their unit for our cars, and YES it is the same part # as the M?Ts

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

GregstoofastMar-27-03 09:43 AM
243 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#460, "RE: LSDs?"
In response to Reply # 2

thanks guys...

<--Eclipse Racer-->

Joe B SlowMar-27-03 10:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#462, "RE: LSDs?"
In response to Reply # 3

Don't you have to take everything out of the transmisison (internally) in order to get to the housing that the differential is in? That sounds like a pain in the ass to me. Especially with all the tolerance to keep the tranny runnin right.

Joseph

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

mike_dMar-27-03 03:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#473, "RE: LSDs?"
In response to Reply # 4

I dont know about the autos but on a 5 speed all you have to do is unbolt the bell housing and the diff just slides right out. You dont have to touch anything else.

95 Talon ESi-T

DirtyMar-27-03 03:31 PM
1405 posts,
#477, "RE: LSDs?"
In response to Reply # 5

Dammit, you guys are gonna make me try this and break my shit again. I want to do this but I don't really have any info to go by and everytime I take something apart on my car I end up breaking shit. I have to anticipate downtime with every mod. That sucks.

Hey Corbin, you wanna do this? I'm almost willing to put something on it. I gotta sell some shit first.

"Natty Ride"

amljbsMar-27-03 05:29 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#481, "RE: LSDs?"
In response to Reply # 6

Judging from whats said above I looked at the factory service manual and it should slide right out once the bell houseing is disconected. At least it looks that way . However as we all know anything that looks easy is usually a pain in the ass.

1998 Eclipse GST

DirtyMar-27-03 05:40 PM
1405 posts,
#482, "RE: LSDs?"
In response to Reply # 7

With my luck that bastard would slide out and fall on my skull.

"Natty Ride"

GregstoofastMar-27-03 05:47 PM
243 posts,
#483, "RE: LSDs?"
In response to Reply # 8

u guys are crazy(but cool as hell) when i get ready to put the new motor in i'm goin to go ahead and have the tranny complty rebuilt with the good stuff...i'm goin to see if i cant get 450-500 hp outta our motor and see how long the tranny last...driving it on the street every day(100+ miles a day)...but that will be late winter-next spring if it blows i'll let ya know how many miles it lasted...

thanks again guys
i love the support on this board

<--Eclipse Racer-->

DirtyMar-27-03 06:06 PM
1405 posts,
#484, "RE: LSDs?"
In response to Reply # 9
Mar-27-03 06:09 PM by Dirty

Hell yeah we're crazy. We're all trying to get 400HP out of a 140HP engine. Not to mention we have an ATX. How you like that shit?

Next winter or spring? Thats alot of downtime dude. I'll be to old to respond to your post then. Good luck though.

"Natty Ride"

Joe B SlowMar-27-03 06:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#485, "RE: LSDs?"
In response to Reply # 10

Back down to earth guys. You cant just take off our bell housing. You gotta take everything out inside the tranny to get to the differential. So plan on having some downtime and you might as well upgrade everyting you take out! So it'd be a good project if you did it right.

joseph

ps - and yes please no skull crushin

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

DirtyMar-27-03 06:37 PM
1405 posts,
#486, "RE: LSDs?"
In response to Reply # 11
Mar-27-03 06:38 PM by Dirty

I've decided..........I'm not doing it first. Thats like reaching for your wallet while a cop is talking shit to you. As far as I'm concerned. I want Corbin to do it. If he messes up, he can just grab his calculator and do some equasions and shit (<--Look, I can't even spell E-QUA-SHUNS) and all will be ok, but I can't aford to mess up with something this serious. My wife will come out and kick me in my nuts if she sees the car up on jack stands for another day again, after it just got back on the road.

"Natty Ride"

ModeratorCorbinApr-01-03 09:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#502, "RE: LSDs?"
In response to Reply # 12
Apr-01-03 09:04 AM by Corbin

>My wife will come out and kick me in my nuts if she sees the
>car up on jack stands for another day again, after it just got
>back on the road.

LOL...same here! My wife was so pissed when my turbo blew. I had to learn how to drive an old MT civic because she refused to let me drive her new AT accord.

Don't count on me to do any good mods for a long time. I completely drained my engine fund to put a downpayment on a townhouse. I'm still in shock over writing that check (not to mention poor).

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

DirtyApr-01-03 12:53 PM
1405 posts,
#506, "RE: LSDs?"
In response to Reply # 13
Apr-01-03 12:54 PM by Dirty

Yeah, cars = poor. But for some poor people we've got damn nice cars. It's kinda like a crackhead with a Rolex that he's not selling.

Anyway, whos next in line? Corbin and I have the balls to do it you see, but we're afraid of our wives. I like to do things after someone else anyway cause when I fuck up, I can tell her "I did exactly what that Sonofabitch that did the writeup did. I don't know what happened???

Any volunteers?

"Natty Ride"

ModeratorEvuLFleAApr-02-03 08:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#511, "RE: LSDs?"
In response to Reply # 14

I'll need one this summer. Still unsure what I want to get though.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

babybeclipseApr-03-03 03:24 AM
Member since Mar 01st 2002
3083 posts,
#512, "RE: LSDs?"
In response to Reply # 15
Apr-03-03 03:25 AM by babybeclipse

I guess it's time to let you guys in on a little secret. My motor and trans will be out in a few weeks

I'll leave it at that for now. I'll get back to you guys soon.

haha its good having a friend at Transtar

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #411 Previous topic | Next topic